Chapter V.

Project Bloodlines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lady Jung shakes her head once again. “You have injured our forest. It shall only be a matter of time before the guards come searching. That is if they have noticed. So I believe now is the best time for all of us to be honest with each other. For you to explain why you attacked me. I have not caused you any harm to be attacked. I was on my way home. I also think it would be best for you to explain where you came from and what exactly you are.”

 

Sunny gives her a questioning look. “You do not smell human-like.”

 

“I’m a Skinwalker.” Lady Jung repeats. “I do not smell fully human to someone with a heightened sense of smell. There is also the scent of the beast within. But you…you don’t look or smell human, yourself. What are you?”

 

“We’re vampires.” Jessica replies, crimson eyes lock with Sooyeon’s, who glares back at her. “And we have been feuding with werewolves for hundreds of years. Werewolves have plotted against our family ever since we were born. When we were younger, Krystal and I had been separated from my twin sister, Erika, to ensure our bloodline’s survival.”

 

“What are vampires?” Yuri inquires. “We have not heard of such a race before. Are you from Nimbus?”

 

“I do not think they are. I have not heard of their kind when I was there.” Taeyeon interjects, eyes locked with Erika. A frown appears as she notices crimson eyes looking back at her. “You don’t seem to have come from Nimbus.”

 

“No. We’re not from Nimbus. We do not even know where that place is. And I don’t come from Titus. Jessica here is my twin sister and Krystal is our youngest sister. The rest are my cousins and we all come from Romania.” Erika explains as she places a pallid hand on Jessica’s shoulder. A faint smile graces Jessica’s lips as she moves closer to Erika before she faces Lady Jung’s party.

 

The discreet act of affection between the two vampires had Lady Jung and her companions wondering about the two vamps’ relationship.

 

“We do not know where Romania is, nor do we know what vampires are. If you do not mind, can you please explain why you attacked me and how you came to the Woodsea?” Lady Jung eyes Jessica, who stares back at her with a questioning look. “I would also like to know how is it that some of you have the power to wield fire, such as the Calors from Titus. And how is it that some of you seem to have the ability to manipulate ice?”

 

“You seem to move faster than the norm,” Juhyun adds, “I barely sensed Erika when she knocked me out.”

 

Erika’s gaze s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter