Fifteen

Good Company
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the week wore on, it was the D-day for the group performance stage. Everyone gathered in the big waiting room backstage, making last minute preparations with their makeup and adjustments with their mics. Hanbin’s team sat together and he couldn’t be more agitated when he saw how close Hongseok was leaning  towards Hayi as they practiced their parts for the song. It had been a week since their heart to heart in the practice room and Hongseok and Hayi’s friendship grew, bonding over their passion for similar styles of music and love for chicken. However, their friendship didn’t go unnoticed as Hanbin and everyone in IKON had witnessed the change too.
“Okay guys, we have been practicing for this day and we need to do this well. I don’t want any mistakes, we’ve been through this a million times so it should be ingrained into our brains. Think of this as our last performance so we don’t regret this, okay?” Hanbin interrupts them with his leader like prep talk. Hayi smiles at him encouragingly and pats him on his shoulder.
“We are going to win this!” Hayi says with finality. Hanbin looks at Hayi with a similar smile before replying.
“I know.” he replies with a smirk.

 

After the amazing stage performance, the thunderous claps and cheers continued to ring in their ears as they made their ways offstage in preparation for the next dance performance. Successful was an understatement as every single judge applauded Hanbin for his skilful arrangement and captivating leadership skills. Hayi felt the rush of excitement ran through her as she stepped on stage with Hanbin, the indescribable power and thrill of performing together on stage surprised her. She loved watching Hanbin perform on stage but to sing together, it was a whole different story. Finishing the last note left her shivering slightly from exhilaration and a powerful sense of victory. The moment the song ended, she had turned to see Hanbin, only to lock eyes with him - mirroring exactly the same emotions that was running through hers. It was pure happiness and she couldn’t be more proud of him.

“Hanbin ah, congratulations...it was a great performance.” Hayi says with a big smile.
“Thank you, I don’t think I could of done it without you though…” Hanbin replies with a prideful grin, holding his hand out to her for a high five. She lifted her smaller hands and pressed it against his softly with a soft blush gracing her cheeks.
“He is right, we couldn’t have done it without you!” Hongseok interrupts and also brings his hands up for a high five. Hanbin looked slightly disgruntled at the sight of Hayi clapping cheerfully against the others. All of sudden a rush of loud shouts and laughs filled the room as Jiwon’s team filled the room with their bubbly presence.
“Yah, good performances today!!!” Jiwon shouts and praises his dongsaengs with a pat on the backs. Hanbin replies with an equally large smile and a friendly shove at the elder one.
“Good work to you too!!!” Hanbin says with a grin.
“Hanbin ah, congratulations! You did amazing work with the arrangement. Who knew let it go would have such a big impact. Also, I hope you don’t mind that I dropped the honorifics, I heard from Hayi that we are the same age.” Hanna exclaims with a cheerful and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter