Chapter 2

The Wedding Singer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A vast green garden has been transformed into beautiful white wedding chapel. The band was already playing a romantic melody to welcoming the guest. Family, friends, best friends, and even the stranger for free drinks already seat patiently and excited to be the part of this once in a life time moment.

The white flowers decoration are naturally delicate making the wedding details simple and fresh, catering was ready, photographer was there to capture every moments, everything looks perfect, and put on the good list that wide smiled on Yuri’s face didn’t fade even if she already wait for the other bride/her Gyuri at the altar for almost 20 minutes.

Yuri turned to look at her bridesmaid, Hyoyeon and Sooyoung pull out their thumbs up as if saying ‘everything is gonna be okay’.

Yuri staring at the gate again, still patiently waiting with her un-fade smile, wishing her bride will show up right away.

“Perhaps we should call her.” The minister whispered to Yuri.

“She's probably got a make-up problem or her dress.” Yuri says calmly.

The minister looks at Yuri sympathetically.

“I know her. She likes to look her best.” Yuri said reassuringly, but more to reassure herself that everything is okay.

Yoona looks at Yuri from a far behind the guest seats, she already on her waitress uniform. She smiled excited because she got to see Yuri again. Yuri is gorgeous and the smile on her face making her more stunning.

Yuri’s heart skips a beat when her sister Sunny came to her with worry smiles.

“Hi, sis.” Yuri still remains to smiles, even though she quickly can sense something wrong happened.

“Hi, Yul.” Sunny hold Yuri's hands with her. “I just got off the phone with Gyuri's mom.”

Yuri’s heart beat increasing each second.

“Gyuri's not there, but... there was a note.”

“A note?” Yuri raised her brows. “Everything all right?” She starts panic.

“Yeah, she's okay.” Sunny forced a smile, “But it basically indicated, that Gyuri was not coming today.”

Yuri just stood there, her face become pale as she trying to process what exactly happened.

“So, it was a bad note.” Yuri’s eyes start b with tears.

Sunny hold tighter her sister’s hand.

“Did she say why?” Yuri asks weakly. She needs to know the reason even if just more hurt her heart.

Sunny shook her head slowly. “I am so sorry, sweetie.”

“It’s okay…” It was obvious that she didn’t. Yuri forced a smiled when the tears dripping on her beautiful face.

“You want me to say something to the guest?” Sunny asks.

“Just give me a second. I'll be right back.” Yuri turned around and almost tumbled as she couldn’t feel her legs, her knees become weak as much as her poor heart. Her light steps turns into sprint to the small tent that supposed to be dressing room not far from the chapel.

The hushed voice between the guests can be heard.

Oh, my God, the other bride's not showing up.

Yoona’s eyes widened as she witnessed the scene in front of her. Even from a far, it already explained everything. She really wants to run to Yuri, to comfort her, staying by her side, or even give Yuri a hug if she needs one.

“Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgghhhh!”

All guest gasps as they heard Yuri screaming at the top of her lungs as she let out her disappointment and frustration.
 

*

*

 

“You have to let it out, Yuri.” Taeyeon said before she drinks her coffee as the three sitting down in the dining room.

“Let what out?” Yuri asks mindlessly.

“Your feelings.” Hyoyeon said. “About what that lousy did to you today.”

“Don't call her that...” Yuri sternly said. “Because we're going to get back together… and then there will be weirdness between you and me.”

Hyoyeon and Taeyeon just shrugged. There’s an awkward silence until Taeyeon and Sunny’s younger son Minguk coming to Yuri.

“I made this for you, Auntie Yuri.”

“Thanks, Captain Jack Sparrow.” Yuri said, before her eyes become wide as she looks at the picture which was a photo of her and Gyuri. “Hey, that's not nice.” Yuri comments on.

Her little devilish nephew was drawing on Gyuri’s face, with horn on her head, stick out tongue, long moustache, pig nose, and red eyes.

“Very creative, though.” Hyoyeon added.

“Go back to your sinking ship now.” Yuri nudged her little nephew.

“Yeah because your OTP doesn’t real now.” Hyoyeon said jokingly.

Yuri glared at Hyoyeon before hit her fist to the table frustratingly.

“I just wish I knew where she was, you know?” Yuri groans before stormed out from the kitchen.

“Man, she's taking it pretty bad.” Taeyeon comments on. “She's acting like a real robot, a zombie or something.”

Hyoyeon nodded agrees. “Yeah, it’s because she's been wanting to get married since the third grade.”

“It makes sense! That's when Mom and Dad died.” Sunny appeared and join the two in the table with a cup of coffee in her hand. “She wants to start a family of her own.” She said sadly.

“Hey, check out the cake. There's only one bride on top.” Hyoyeon pointed her finger to the wasted wedding cake in the kitchen counter.

 

*

*

 

Yuri was sitting at her veranda steps, staring at the bride doll in her hands.

There so much question in Yuri’s head now. She still couldn’t believe that Gyuri leave her in the altar with not much explanation.

She looked up when she catch something from the tip of her eyes. It’s Gyuri, walking slowly to her.

“You’re late.”

“I'm sorry Yuri… I just couldn't do it.” Gyuri said while twisting her dark locks between her fingers.

“Well, if you need some more time, I guess I can wait.” Yuri said calmly.

“No, I don't need more time, Yuri. I don't ever want to marry you.” Gyuri said clearly. Very clear to wake up all sense in Yuri.

Yuri winces a bit. It’s hurt, it’s hurt so much when she hear it right from Gyuri lips, the woman that she loves with her whole heart, the one that she thought could build a family with. She always dream about come home after work to her wife's arm, Gyuri. But it's all in vain now. Because right now in front of her, the girl that she dreamt to be her wife saying in front of her face that she never want to married her.

And now, it's much easier for her if Gyuri just put the bullet in her head and shoot her right now.

“You know, that information might have been a little more useful to me yesterday.” Yuri said calmly, still tries hold herself from outburst.

Gyuri sighed heavil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter