Chapter 3

The Wedding Singer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Everyday, Yuri the miserable girl, wandering around the town like a zombie, trying to cheer up herself and come home when about to dinner time, like tonight.

"Good, you're here." Sunny greeted her when she's about to step out of her house.

Yuri looked at her sister who already dressed up nicely, seems going to the party.

Sunny turned her head and shouted over her shoulder at Taeyeon who still inside the house. "YURI'S HERE! LET'S GO!"

"The kids have been fed, but if they want snacks. There's ice pops in the freezer, or microwave popcorn." Sunny informed.

"Got it." Yuri nodded.

"Are you going to the Yoona-Taec engagement party tomorrow night?"

"Yeah, I'll probably go." Yuri answered lazily.

Sunny smiled and squeezed Yuri’s hand lightly. “Sweetie, the right one for you must still be out there. And everything will work out for you, you'll see.”

“Thanks, sis.” Yuri gives Sunny a small smile.

"COME ON, TAE, MOVE YOUR !" Sunny shouted again.

"HANG ON. I'M WATCHING TAETISEO COME BACK." Taeyeon shouted back from inside the house. “HOLLER IS GONNA BE A BIG HIT!”

Sunny rolled her eyes.

"Good night, love you sis." Sunny hugged her little tall sister before walking to her car.

"Good night, sis." Yuri hugged back Sunny before walking inside the house. "Auntie Yuri's here." Yuri exclaimed once she stepped in.

And as if a cue, her two nephews jump up to the door and give Yuri a big hugged.

"Hey, the goofball brothers!" Yuri hugged back them.

"Auntie, is it true you're in the middle of a mental breakdown?" Daehan asked curiously, and Minguk smiling innocently beside her big brother.

Yuri raised her brow, "No,"

And like a parrot the little Minguk repeating the words 'mental breakdown' mockingly.

"Who said that?" Yuri wondered.

"Everybody!" Daehan answered while still smiling innocently broadly.

"Everybody? You're seven years old. You only know your parents. What are you talking about?" Yuri looked at her nephew incredulously.

"Is it true you're gonna end up in a mental institution?" Daehan asked again.

And the little parrot Minguk mumbled something that Yuri didn't understand. Uggh these little rascals!

"Nooo," Yuri groaned.

"Hey, hey kids!" Taeyeon walks to the door. "Go back there and watch some television!"

The boys giggling and running to the living room after success annoyed Yuri.

Taeyeon turned to Yuri, "Can I speak to you for a second?"

Yuri nodded lazily.

"I've been thinking about what happened to you. And it's all for the best. I know you were in love and everything, but it’s over now."

Yuri crossing her arms in front of her chest while listening to Taeyeon continues talking.

"Me and your sister, we used to be wild. And we got into some crazy . But now the thrill is gone."

Yuri raised her brow, confused as to where her sister-in-law is going with this conversation.

"If we get a second alone, we usually go to sleep. If it's a special occasion, she might do this exotic dance for me." Taeyeon shows Yuri some moves that she claimed to be an exotic dance.

"What the?" Yuri looked at Taeyeon incredulously. The conversation has been getting weirder.

"Sometimes she might bite my bum-bum a bit." Taeyeon gives some details that Yuri swore she doesn’t want to hear.

Yuri’s shaking her head as she was unwilling to listen anymore.

"All right... enough! Too much information, just go out!" Yuri said with an annoyed face. "I'll take care of the kids. Have a great party!"

Taeyeon shrugged off and walk out of the house.

"I don't know what I just said, but at least I said something." Taeyeon mumbled to herself.

 

*

*

 

At Taec’s house, engagement party.

The backyard around the pool is laced with beautiful lanterns and filled with round tables with flowers and silverware and crystal. Well-dressed people of all ages chat here and there, drinks in hand. Taec with his male friends smoking cigarettes while Yoona is surrounded by her friends who adore the diamond rings on her finger. But when she looked up she found Taec smiling at her from across the pool, Yoona smiled back shyly.

"Women got a thing about marriage." Taec said to one of his friends, Chansung.

“Yeah,” Chansung nods agreed before sipped his drink.

"If you want to stay with them, you're gonna have to marry them. No big deal." Taec smirked.

Chansung nodded again and Taec’s expression suddenly changes, quickly put on his charming sleazy smiled when Yoona walk towards him.

"There she is... The girl who finally beat me into submission." Taec said proudly.

"That's right..." Yoona said, clinging to Taec’s arm. "August 5th is less than three months away."

Taec nodded before gives knowing look at Chansung.

"We've got a lot of planning to do." Yoona said eagerly.

"Baby, do you think it would be better if maybe you took over all the arrangements?"

"But, I'd like to do it together." Yoona pouted.

"Yeah, but you like this wedding stuff. It's really not my thing." Taec reasons out.

Taec almost tumbled when Tiffany suddenly appeared and patted his back so hard. Playfully but she meant it.

"Hey Taec! I heard you're gonna have your bachelor party this Friday." Tiffany said.

"Oh yeah, I'm all set." Taec answered before smirked.

Whatever does that means seems doesn't feel right for Yoona.

 

*

*

 

"Nice house." Yuri comments when she and Hyoyeon step into the party at Taec's backyard.

"I told you this guy was loaded."

"I know. But I don't want to be here too long."

"Calm dude, let me just pick up a chick, and we'll get out of here." Hyoyeon patted Yuri's shoulder.

"There's Yoona." Yuri gestured her head in the direction of Yoona standing with a guy with a sleazy smile and another guy who wore a tight shirt and also has the same sleazy smile. But Yuri’s attention already fixed on Yoona, she looks lovely in a peach-sweet color dress, her long hair cascading down over her shoulder, she’s really beautiful.

"Let's go say hello." Hyoyeon drags Yuri with her.

Yoona spots the two and waves.

"Hi, you two." Yoona greeted them with a smile widely.

“Hi Yoona,” Hyoyeon greets back.

“Thanks for inviting us, great party.” Yuri said.

"I'm so glad you came." Yoona said at Yuri and Hyoyeon, before turned to Taec.

"Taec, this is Yuri and Hyoyeon, my friends at work." Yoona introduced them to her fiancé.

“Hi, thanks for coming.” Taec said.

"Congratulations, Taec." Yuri offered her hand.

"Thank you." Taec shakes Yuri's hand without losing his sleazy smile.

"Oh, Kwon Yuri, I heard what happened to you at your wedding." Chansung suddenly butted in.

Yuri turns her attention to Taec’s friend with what-the-hell looks on her face.

"That was so cruel. You must have felt like ." Chansung talked nonchalantly, just because he has a tongue.

"No. It felt really good... Thanks for bringing it up." Yuri said coldly. "My parents died when I was 10. Want to talk about that?"

Chansung stepped back when Yuri’s eyes shoot a dagger at him.

"Hey, I think someone's need a drink…" Taec said before his friend lost his mouth from the laser beam that Yuri sent to him.

“No thanks, I’m not a big drinker.” Yuri said.

“Alright, suits yourself Yuri.” Taec throws his sleazy smiled again. It’s a good thing Yuri doesn’t drink anything or she already spits out at Taec’s face.

“Meet me at the bar. I gotta piss first.” Taec said to Chansung before excusing himself from the other.

“You, have a few drinks and drive home.” Yuri gives a piece of advice to Chansung.

Chansung raised his brows with a what-the-hell look on his face before walked away.

“Man, who has a bar at home?” Hyoyeon mumbled under her breath.

“Thanks for inviting us, Yoona.” Yuri finally smiled when she turns to Yoona.

“I'm glad you guys came. We hang out at work so much. But we don't get to talk cause we're always so busy.”

“Well, we should make time to talk, don't you think?” Hyoyeon said to Yoona while wiggling her brows.

Yuri looked at Hyoyeon with what-the-hell-dude on her face.

“You know what? The first time she saw you. She told me she was gonna hit on you, Yoona.” Yuri said.

“Oh, really?” Yoona said teasingly to Hyoyeon.

“That's not true.” Hyoyeon shook her head vigorously, try to defend herself.

“Yeah, it is. You told me she was in trouble.” Yuri added more information. “And she was gonna get it,”

“Yuri such a teasing. I would never say that.” Hyoyeon smiled awkwardly at Yoona, then she turned to look at Yuri, “You're a jerk.”

“What do you mean? You didn't know she was engaged?” Yuri asked Hyoyeon with a teasing grin on her face.

“So now you're not gonna give it to me?” Yoona

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter