Let's try out.

Reality after business

Soeun was finally back to Korea. And she brought a friend back together. No, it was the friend who followed her all the way from Turkey. His name is Karl. They met at the hostel two weeks back and had been traveling as a duo since. He is two years older and his main profession, a runway model. That explains his exotic looks. 

To him, she's more than a petite girl. Towering over her with his 1.9m height was like the cloud blocking the sun. Her command of English made communication easy between and how she warmed up to him attracted him more each day. She's like a bouncing ball at one moment and the next was like some mother hen. 

He's not hiding the fact that he is not interested in her. His agency had called him. He is required on the runway soon. The first request he made was to go Korea. He didn't want them to end it like that, although different nationalities are often impossible. He wanted to confess to her in her mother's land. 

Soeun was surprised when Karl told her they will be taking the same flight. He had assignments in Korea. She was glad to bring him around without him asking. He had been looking after her during the times they had been together. She felt his advances but that was about it. He's no doubt charming and absolutely a darling yet she keeps thinking back of a single eye lid guy. 

Netizens saw Soeun exiting at the arrival hall with a drop dead gorgeous man. He was pushing the trolley as Soeun walked beside. They were laughing away, until flashes shone into their direction. Reactions of Karl wowed the paparazzis. There was him protecting Soeun, putting on his shades on her  then wrapped his arm around her shoulder while another on the trolley, trying to block her from those flashes. They made no comments when bombarded by questions. Those pictures taken, self imposed headings were all Jaerim seen. 

"International love found Kim Soeun? Canadian top model likes kimchi?" were all the headlines. Both parties did not address the issue. The speculation with them as a couple brewed bigger. They were snapped having supper at a BBQ restaurant, she was on the front row when he walked the fashion show, his eyes were always on hers. 

Soeun's POV: 

Crossing the boarder isn't in my mind. Long distance r/s never came into my mind. Karl Karl Karl...why did you ask me that when you know the answer yourself... (bittersweet smile appeared on her face as she recalled what happened earlier on) 

End of Soeun's POV. 

Jaerim was losing his mind. The news kept coming in. He saw how that guy placed his hands behind Soeun when they were crossing the road. It was a photo that described a thousand words. He was getting frustrated. Not only was he taller than him, he knows he couldn't win him in looks too. 

Jaerim's POV: 

Am I too late? Is that really her boyfriend? What's with his hands on her back. How dare he touch her that way! Stop looking and laughing. She's not yours. I'm going crazy. I'm barely in controlled of my emotions now. I want to know the truth. I need to get over this. (as he picked up his phone and started to dial) 

End of Jaerim's POV. 

"Hello? Jaerim oppa? Hello?", Soeun spoke when she answered the call that displayed "Song Jaerim". Why did he called her at 2 in the morning? Did something happen? So many questions flowed into her but the main one was, why call her after so long? 

"Hey. How have you been? I'm sorry, were you sleeping? I know its a bad time but... is there anyone beside you?",Jaerim finals let his voice out when he heard her voice. The immediate answering of his call somehow made him pissed thinking why is she not sleeping, was she with someone? Yet the bit of worriedness in her tone gave him more confidence to speak up.

"I've been okay. How bout you oppa? Eh? Don't worry. I just got back home. What do you mean anyone beside me? You are acting strange. Are you alright? What's going on?", Soeun continued on. Jaerim was confusing her with his call and his questions. 

His fist was clenched tight. He didn't like it when she say she just got home. In his mind, he was writing a story of Soeun and that guy hanging out til late night drinking. Before he could control himself, he blurted out,"Who were you with? That guy? How can you drink til this timing? You need to..." and Soeun interrupted his sentence,"What's with you oppa? When I wanna drink who I am with doesn't concern you, right? I know what I'm doing. Why are you getting so worked up? And what guy are you talking about?". 

Soeun was getting pissed. She's getting no answers from him yet he kept saying weird stuffs to her. When she heard him ask bout a guy, she paused and cooled herself down. To Soeun, he wasn't one who act irrationally, he doesn't sound drunk too. So, is this call about a guy? What guy? She waited for his reply.

Jaerim knew he had said the wrong thing. The way she replied him send daggers into his heart. Like he's just a passerby in her life and should not interfere. Yet part of him was telling him she doesn't sound drunk and he should get a hold of himself. It was now or never. 

"Don't you know you have been on the news radar recently? So... Is that guy, the caucasian model your...your...boyfriend? I'm just curious. So yea. Is he? Everyone is asking me. I thought maybe I could help you out whether or not.",Jaerim said as he let out the air he had been holding on since the news of them broke out. Waiting for her reply seems forever. 

Soeuns POV:

So this was what he is getting agitated about? Help me? It makes no sense. Should I tell him the truth. I mean we are not a couple but the way he probed into my life.... What am I looking for? This might be the last time he's gonna call? 

End of Soeun's POV. 

"Arh.... You mean Karl? Do we look like a couple? Much more than when we were married? Is that why people been asking you? You're irritated of being entangled with my scandals?",Soeun said. She has decided to get Jaerim out of her life with this conversation. She can't be pinning over someone that doesn't stand on the same line as her. 

"No. I still see us as the most compatible one. Be it him or others. I'm not irritated by people asking me. I'm frustrated with myself ok. It's me. You get it? I don't like seeing those pictures. I don't like the fact that you are smiling at him. I don't like that you are having supper with him. And I don't want him to be your boyfriend.",Jaerim finally confessed. 

He realised he had to be straightforward to Soeun. She's clueless most of the times. And he didn't want this chance to slip by. Thus call might be his last courage to say whatever he wanted. Each sentence Jaerim said changed an expression on Soeun's face. Now she's getting the whole situation. It's been awhile she enjoyed his jealousy outburst. It definitely brings back memory. 

"I was his host in Korea. I can't be sulking my face at him right? Both of us only have free time after dinner so that was the only time to have a meal. That's all. And he's leaving the country already. And if you recall, I like someone with single eyelid. He's too pretty for me. Does this satisfy your demanded answers?",Soeun explained as she let out her inner thoughts to him. 

Jaerim POV: 

Thats all. Leaving the country. Too pretty. Someone with single eyelid. Is that her way of telling me she is not in some r/s with that Karl guy? Song Jaerim, take your chance now!

End of Jaerim's POV. 

"Soeun arh.... Is there any chance that this single eyelid guy here got a chance for your heart? It's been sometime and rightfully the feelings I had for you during that period should have been arranged. But it didn't. I'm still miss you. When I saw the reports, I know you have caught me. I will tidy up my emotions if you reject me now. We can stay purely as working colleagues",Jaerim said as he waited for the crucial answer. 

Soeun could not believe her ears. Hearing his confession brought her through a roller coaster ride. Both of them do fancy one another. What made her fall deeper to Jaerim was he actually went through time to ensure his feelings for her are sincere. 

"Karl confessed to me moments ago and I told him there's someone else in my heart. Do you want to know who?",Soeun said softly through the phone. 

Jaerim's POV:

Please give me a chance. At least say you'll consider. Soeun arh....(his thoughts were cut when Soeun spoke again) Eh? Confessed? Someone else in her heart already? That's it. All those who confess today will be hit by that "someone else in her heart". I'm too late. Do I even want to know who? For . Soeun arh....

End of Jaerim's POV.

"Arh... It's okay. You are not oblige to tell me. Don't worry I won't call you at this timing again. I wish you happiness Soeun arh...",Jaerim responded with a heavy heart. As he was about to bid his love goodbye, she said,"this someone has single eyelid, broad shoulders, nice smile, stands at 180cm, previously had long hair, has 2 cats, knows how to play the saxophone and seems to be interested in me too. Now, do you know who he is?". She stated to giggle. 

Jaerim paused for the longest time before he cracked his voice saying,"Song Jaerim? Is it him? Pls say its him. Even if you say no, I'll take it it's him." Soeun could not resist his cute way and said,"Thats right. It's him.". The rest Soeun heard was cheers going on and on by Jaerim himself.

And he popped the question,"Soeun arh...although I can't give you any promises now but I will try my best to be by your side whenever you need me. I know our celebrity status will make it hard for us but I will try my best to protect us. Let's start the love, shall we girlfriend?". 

It was all that Soeun needed to reaffirmed her feelings for Jaerim. She did not need concrete promises as those are too early to give. All she needed was him to be there. Jaerim could not sleep. The word boyfriend in her sentence "Yes boyfriend. I understand." excite him. They are now a couple officially, a real pair.