Departure & Longing

Reality after business

The months passed. Their popularity increased. More dramas knocking on their door. But there's always time for WGM recording. Spring was approaching. They had made much progression. Views never stop cringing at their acts. MCs still was not used to Jaerim's cheesiness. Today it's a good day to have picnic under the Sakura trees. 

At the very end of their picnic, both were handled a mission card. Their eyes widen, they looked at one another and read out its content,"Today's memory will forever be remembered as tomorrow will be a brand new day. It's time to say goodbye and grow ever strongly as individual. Should there be a chance, we will meet again. Song Jaerim Kim Soeun couple, please prepare your best for one another at the last recording next week."

The contract of WGM had actually came to an end. 6mths. That's the longest. But they had been over the period. WGM PD tried convincing them to stay but both decided its time to take a breather from this faux marriage. At first they wanted to continue but upon deeper thoughts, it's wise to let go. 

Jaerim's black room interview:

Qns: How are you feeling now that you know you are free, in a way?

Ans: Although it's been discussed but realizing that everything is coming to an end, it's heavy on my heart. 

Qns: Have you developed real feelings, that's why? 

Ans: Im not too sure whether am I still acting or being myself when I'm recording WGM with Soeun. I'm still figuring out.

Qns: Any plans on how to say goodbye?

Ans: ....... 

End of Jaerim's back room interview.

Soeun's black room interview: 

Qns: Have you found the meaning of true love so far? 

Ans: Was there love? I felt I'm in a marriage, a real newly wed marriage. 

Qns: Marriage without love? Kinda contradicting? 

Ans: It's like drama. I know its a marriage, I need to be in it. So when it ends, it's only professional to draw the lines... I suppose? 

Qns: Will you miss him? 

Ans: ....... 

End of Soeun's black room interview. 

The planning begins at individual sides, both cracking their head to make it memorable. WGM staffs were affected by their soon departure. They went through every steps with them and saw they really put in effort to say the last goodbye. Be it the male or female staffs couldn't help but teared on-off during their preparation. The day inched closer. 

Soeun's POV: 

Today marks the last day of being Mrs Song. These 8mths I've been thinking of no others but him. It was as if I'm in a relationship with him then acting a married woman. To leave WGM, it's like breaking up. Yet I need to clear my mind. I can't get confused over such emotions. I cannot take the wrong step...that is why I decided its time to depart. Even the family thinks so.... 

End of Soeun's POV. 

Jaerim's POV: 

Thinking back what Solim said... Maybe I need to focus on what my true intentions are. Am I acting out of love or acting for the sake of acting in love. Am I getting used to having her around? Always using WGM to think I'm her husband? Getting jealous in whose position? There's where I need to make clear. And so we gotta end.

End of Jaerim's POV. 

(Soeun's farewell to Jaerim) 

She has decided to put an end in their nice little crib. They spent the first awkward meeting there, had watched movie, cooked, shared a bed, had so much memories in that small little space. And so she started her thank you & goodbye at where everything started. 

It was the last day. Soeun went to every corner of the house, each area brings back memories of Jaerim and her. She held on a bitter smile and started her preperation. Jaerim will be here anytime. 

"Oppa, you're here! Come, seat down. I've prepared lunch.",as Soeun laid the dishes one by one on the small coffee table. They always had their meals on it. On this day, Soeun had decided to be a husband's wife. All along, she kept harping on wanting a wife-like husband and Jaerim had been one. Whereas she hasn't been like a model wife. 

Jaerim's POV: 

Wow... All my favorite dishes? No spicy food, chicken wings, seafood pancake, this and this and even soup? Can we even finish it all? (laughs) At least the portion seems right for two. The first time she cooked, 7 eggs she used for just 2 of us! (as he started eating) So, it's true. There's no people who can't cook. It's a matter of practicing. And look at her anxious eyes (laughs) 

End of Jaerim's POV. 

Soeun's POV: 

Im still not good in cooking but I hoped I've improved. Does it taste good? Can't see from his expression! Omma have taught me whatever she could. Please be edible, food oh food. 

End of Soeun's POV. 

"Soeun arh.... How did you know these are my favorite dishes? And since when did you learn how to cook in moderation?", Jaerim teased. He knew she was hiding her curiosity on wanting to know how her food tasted. 

"Not gonna tell you! It's a secret!",as she stuck out her tongue at Jaerim.

Just like old times, feeding one another, reminiscing about Soeun's first cooked meal. They laughed, she glared at him as usual. He will miss her eyes, they were always full of mischevious whenever she does that. As Soeun was washing the dishes, Jaerim hugged her from behind, around her waist. 

"The food were delicious, will I have the chance to eat them again?", as he leaned his head towards her, tightening his embrace around her. 

"I'll make you a bento on your next drama! This is a promise I give you.", Soeun replied softly. She was happy that he like the food. It's like a relief. But why she promised that bento, she doesn't know. Maybe a thank you in return for the snack truck he gave her before. 

2nd story was where they are seldom at. The ceiling was too short for Jaerim. But on this date, this area had been decorated. Soeun called out to Jaerim, telling him to go upstairs to bring their luggages down. They needed to pack up, somehow. He went up and all four walls and the ceiling was full of pictures and wordings. 

"How? Do you like it? It's a storyline of us.", Soeun came up from behind as Jaerim stood still. He was surprised that she made all these by herself. He recognized her handwriting. He knew these pictures were her personal useage. They were never shown on the telecast before. But most were pictures he didn't know she took and had them stored in her phone. 

It started on Sept 11. How they met, their bickering, their outings, his faces, the same type of dishes he always ordered and while coming to an end, a picture of the her with a caption "I am a wife today, isn't it? I found a wife within me through you. Thank you for bringing so much joy fun and laughter into my life. You are the best husband!" The trail of photolog ended with his and her individual "CHU" face. 

Jaerim didn't want any tears during their farewell. He braved himself up and started to pack their stuffs. He took a video of Soeun's creativity. He touched her face from the picture. Now it was his turn to show to his appreciation. The house was sparkling clean. Their luggages left by the sofa. They went out for the last date, together hand in hand. 

(Jaerim's farewell for Soeun)

They had always watched movie at home. Never once like a normal couple. So, for the last time, Jaerim took Soeun to the cinema. He bought the tickets, she qued for the snacks. The place was dark but her eyes could still notice something different. It puzzled her why the theater was empty but brushed it off thinking they are most probably watching a old show. 

"It's all about you", came out as the title on the screen. And for the next hour, sniffings were heard. Jaerim had booked the entire hall, made her a short film and dedicate it just for her. In the film, it showed what he took notice of her, what he loved about her, how he praised her beauty, how she made him a better man. Even the WGM staffs were tearing. It was so touching. That a faux husband is willing to do so much. 

As if walking down memory lane was what they both wanted, Jaerim took Soeun to the restaurant where they first had that full of lies conversation. The complete darkness restaurant. Both were in silence, didn't know where to start. Until Jaerim said the same old line,"Let the game begins". Soeun giggled. 

"Oppa, do you have a different type of woman you want now? Like after this ends here, are there any changes you look for in your future partner?",Soeun braved herself up and asked Jaerim. 

"Hmm, as long we can groove together is still my main point. Other than that, she must have beautiful eyes, nice smile line, cheerful kid-like smile and a glare that kills.", Jaerim said as he started to laugh. 

Throughout the dinner, they both asked will they keep in contact after it all ends. How are they gonna feel when there's no one another to look forward to each week. When reality bring them their future partner, will they think back of one another. The list goes on. 

Wrapping Soeun around her shoulder, Jaerim caressed her arms as if to comfort her in the chilly night. They took a stroll after their dinner. They walked to the bridge where they first met. This is where they first started and also where it ends. Jaerim faced Soeun, firmly holding the sides of her arms and glided slowly down to her hands. 

"Soeun arh... I didn't know who you were. But you were so pretty in that white dress. I'm glad it was you. Soeun arh... I wished my wife could skin off a apple skin perfectly. But you were so y when you chopped that apple into 4 big sides. I'm glad it was you. Soeun arh... I know you ain't a good cook. But you were so cute trying to convince me that your Kimchi Jigae tasted better after cooking it a while more. I'm glad it was you. Soeun arh.... thank you for giving me all that I need. You bring yourself was the best I can ever asked for as a wife... So, thank you for loving me all these while my baby",Jaerim said as the voice got softer and softer. 

Soeun was already tearing. Everyone present was too. Jaerim then held up her head, wiped her tears with his fingers and lean in towards Soeun's lips. They kissed for the last time. As the PD shouted 'CUT!", the couple lips seperated. They gave one another a hug and said to all,"Everyone worked hard with us, thank you WGM for everything. We love you guys!" Every staffs went to them and hug them before they go. Their luggages were already collected by their manager and their vehicles are here to send them home. And so, WGM will be announcing a new couple soon. 

One month passed. Jaerim and Soeun continued their own schedules. People who worked with them in their new project kept asking if they were still in contact after the programme. Many magazine interview also probed on this. Truth to be told, the show ended, their job then have ended. They are both busy, it's not possible to keep in contact as like before. They were back to the reality world. Two single actors. 

Jaerim's POV: 

Everynight I still think of her. Ive not seen her at all since then. That departure was even more painful than 4yrs ago. My heart hurts and now it still does. What's going on? Did I really develop true feelings for her? Shouldn't all these feelings go pass when the show ended? Or because we had been together too long, I need more time to sort these emotions out. Yea, maybe that's the way...

End of Jaerim's POV. 

Soeuns POV: 

I can do it. I just need to get out of the wife character. Yes, job done. No more delusional thoughts Kim Soeun! He's been very popular. Almost all the magazine had him in them. He still look as charismatic. What is love? Does missing you considered the spark of it? 

End of Soeun's POV. 

Winter came. Half year has gone by. The rumors of Jaerim and Soeun secretly hooking up together died off. No one could prove anything, because there wasn't any. The public finally acknowledge that their wish for the compatible couple on screen doesn't mean they are for one another in the real life. 

Nobody knows anything, except themselves. Just when they thought 6 months was long enough to put down the feelings, apparently did not. Jaerim had trouble getting involve with anyone. He's back to the usual him with regards to opposite . He tried but he just wasn't interested. Even when they were all so beautiful and had been willing to make their move on him. His mind kept going back to one girl. A girl younger than him by 4yrs. 

This period he had been giving deep thoughts. No matter how busy he was, there's always a minute where Soeun would appear in his mind. When he's paired with a female model, he could feel Soeun's glare at the back of his head. When he heard her name, he wished it was her. All he did was being a stalker of Kim Soeun and he's been at it for 3months. He plainly wanted to know what she's been up to. 

Soeun took a month break and travelled to Turkey. Other than updating her own family, she stayed off from all her social portals. She met new people along her trip. Some who wanted more than being friends. Her character was stronger than before, much more independent. She thought she could handle the affairs of one's heart. She couldn't. 

Times when she thought she's out of the Jaerim-world, she went back in again. She blamed the media on it. Internet was what she only had and reading gossips and comments were her daily dosage to know what's going on during her holiday. She saw him, sometimes alone but mostly with another female. Her heart tightened up. 

When everyone say time can erase everything, Jaerim doubted that. He is against going into another 4yrs of blank. Upon the latest news he read about Soeun was she's just return from Turkey and with her was a man around her age, who could easily pass off as a top runway model. His jealousy meter went berserk. Enough of the longings.