Greeting the in-laws

Reality after business

Soeun's POV:

Cold...(snuggled closer under the blanket) Hmm? Who is touching me? (stayed still til the movement stopped and deep breathing was heard, she peeked an eye open) Oppa...that's right. We...shared a blanket. (moved her fingers and placed her palm on his cheek) It's still early to wake up.

End of Soeun's POV. 

Jaerim's POV: 

I should just stay still. Should I turn to my right? But she's there. She's already sleeping. I should get some rest too. (hours later) My arm...why is it so heavy? (realised Soeun had crept into his embrace in the cold night) Your hair is so soft and wavey. She looked so peaceful... I hope day light comes later 

End of Jaerim's POV. 

The door well woke them up, both entangled in one another's arms. To ease the sudden tension, Jaerim scruffle Soeun on her head like he usually does and greeted her morning. He then casually walk out the room as if nothing happen. Soeun's cheeks was flushing in pink. After calming herself down, she followed him. That's the first time she stayed over with a man and she isn't regretting it at all. Jaerim on the other hand kept having a sleeping Soeun in his vision. He could not erase it away. Truth to be told, he enjoyed the touch of Soeun's hand on his face last night. 

Its a norm to play the Pepero Game on Nov the 11th. Soeun bought Jaerim one big basket of those then but they didn't had any. He teased but she wasnt gonna do it. It was left aside. He finished them at home. Day by day passed, Jaerim took notice that their 100th day together was just few days more. As he calculated the dates, realization hits him. He isn't letting go of this chance this time round. 

Today's recording lies on the 31st December. The last day of the year. The couple was busy preparing their steamboat hotpot as their lunch. Their interaction had become so much natural over the past month. When one washed the dish, another will be beside wiping it dry. When one is tired, the other massage for another. Skinship seems to be improving. Finally, they plunged down on their small little sofa, starting up Jaerim's laptop, planning to watch a movie together. 

"Do you know what's the date of today Soeun arh?", Jaerim asked as he continued to focus on setting up his laptop. 

"Erm.... Last day of the year Oppa. Why?", Soeun replied curiously. 

"It's also the One hundred and Eleventh days that we have known each other! I'm hurt that you don't even know. My heart....it's bleeding!!!!", Jaerim continued to act all sad and sappy. 

Soeun couldn't stop laughing. He was just so cute in this way. How was it possible that she didn't know? She anticipated their 100th day but nothing happen. She continued counting til today. And seeing him this way made her caress his hair and face lovingly. Her actions to help him paste plaster over his fake bleeding wounds created more laughter between the couple. As the movie runs by itself, Jaerim went into the room and came out with a present, neatly tied with a ribbon. 

"This is for you and you have to finish it with me, together, at the same time", Jaerim said as he handed the gift over. This got Soeun confused as she didn't get what he was saying til she unwrapped it open. It was a box of rainbow Pepero. 

"Let's play the Pepe game! We missed it the other time. I saw other couples doing it. Shall we? It's our special day after all, right?", as Jaerim tried his best to convince Soeun to agree. 

Soeun's POV: 

The last kiss we had was during the wedding ceremony. His lips... Oh my. Am I becoming a like him? This is a show. If others can, why can't i? Besides, it's not necessary to finish the stick. Our lips might not touch at all. I guess I can do it. 

End of Soeun's POV. 

"Alright.... But how are we going to play this? The one who bite it off first will grant the other a wish? Are we going to plat all of it? Oh! Oppa! Theres's 11 sticks! Did you customise this?", Soeun asked eagerly as she realize Jaerim put in more effort than usual for this event. 

It was decided to finish all the sticks. Should their lips touches all 11 times, Jaerim will grant Soeun a wish. And if Soeun bites off before retaining 3cm of the length, she will grant Jaerim a wish. And they started with the first few being bitten off abruptly by Soeun as she was trying to shake off the firm hold of Jaerim's hand on both side of her head. He was cheating his way. Looking at the last 2 sticks they had on hand, it was pretty obviously Soeun had to grant Jaerim his wish. 

Jaerim held Soeun's face lightly as they bite at the end of the pepero stick, breathing in and out as lightly as they can be. Their lips going nearer, their nose almost touching. Jaerim guided Soeun's face, slightly tilting it as they continue to bite bit by bit. The soft touch of this ending would be well done if both weren't jolted by the loud gun-loading sound from the movie that was playing throughout. Their lips touched but it was unintentional. 

They say never to let go of the last chance. Jaerim knew he had to. The couple of times he almost kissed her, he did not. The only time he thought its gonna turn out fine, it ended as a peck. That was not his intention. So for the last stick. He went all out. He threw the slow and easy behind. He took big bites and before Soeun could protest, he covered her lips with his. Soeun's hand was tightly crushing his shirt. They seperated for air but Jaerim went in on her lips again. The smooch sound although soft was evidently heard. 

Jaerim's POV: 

Is there any other chances to kiss her more? It's so addicting. When will you kiss me again? The last day of the year ended with a kiss with you. You don't know what it means to have you so close. 

End of Jaerim's POV. 

Jaerim had given Soeun time to think what could make him happy. That was the wish he requested from her. January was a short month as there's many events going on. The new year was approaching too. Then there's valentines day and the one day she marked in her memory, Jaerim's 30th birthday on February 18th. She doesn't want to make it too obvious yet too little seems too small for him. 

Putting aside those romantic dates, Soeun planned something with the help from WGM staffs and her family members. The wish she will grant him was what she feels he truely hoped for. And she crossed her finger, praying this plan will make him happier than receiving a bidet as present. 

Jaerim's POV: 

Where are we going? (he looked at her as she drove) Definitely not to some restaurant since we are both in home-wear clothings. And she say she's granting my wish today. Like how? Oh wait. This is......

End of Jaerim's POV. 

The couple got off the car. They were now in the lift, going up to Soeun's house. Jaerim wanted to hide himself up as he was not properly dressed nor did he buy any visiting gifts. To him, the in-laws are the king and queen. Soeun calmed him down saying everything will be fine and she's right here. It isn't embarrassing in his current form because that's her plan, to make his wish come true. 

As the main door opened, Jaerim saw 3 familiar faces and 1 stranger. They are Soeun's parents, her sister and the sis's boyfriend. Soeun's intention was to have Jaerim bask in the love of family members. Since young, she was given plenty of love that at one point she only know how to receive but never giving back. Through Jaerim, she changed. For him, she wished he had the equal love from her family. 

Jaerim never mention anything. She only met his younger sister. During the last met up, they had actually exchanged phone numbers. Soeun wanted her to join but time does not allow. Through the short conversation, she knew what to do to make him happy. It's family's love. And so, she organized a dinner session in her house, together with her crazy bunch of family. 

The night was young. Three man three woman, never stop laughing. The food never depletes, the alcohol forever filled up in the cups and the bond strengthened. Jaerim concluded that this pair of in-laws are the most out-spoken and friendliest. Not only did they treated him as one, they made him feel complete when he's with this family. The open conversation, the teasing of their two daughters and the embarrassing acts they did when they are still dating. Soeun saw the face of Jaerim. It was all worth it. 

(Jaerim's Black room interview) 

Qns: Did Soeun make your wish come true? 

Jaerim: She did. It was unexpected! I'm surprised! My wife saw what I needed. I married the right one. I'm not gonna let her out of my clutches (laughs)