Its about time.

Reality after business

As the news of Jaerim being in a r/s spreads, more and more interviews during his red carpet walkway, movie premiere and magazine shoots were all about his mysterious lady in his life. He gave the first leak to Marie Claire that after 5 years of loneliness, he found a beginning with a amazing woman and they have been in happiness for 4years since. Marriage were on the asking list as they took notice of his "and I'll be counting more til my last breath" in that interview. Being the professional him, he only reply to questions related to the event he's attending. Any other, he'll pass it with a cheeky smile. 

On Soeun's side, she had shoots here and there but the interviews rarely hit onto the r/s topic. It's was because over the years there had been such wave of similar questions poured on her. Her replies were always the same. She guards her privacy, as if protecting someone from all kind of damage. Yet today's shoot theme was 'A hidden side of me'. Concept varies from seduction, dark and flirtatious. The after-shoot interview disclosed what she wanted her fans to know. 

Qns: Have you ever thought of seducing someone or have u seduced one before? How was it like? 

Ans: I think I could only seduce one when I'm in a r/s? (As she remembered there's times where she wanted to take lead, wanting to show Jaerim it's not only him that wants her. She wanted him as madly too. To her, it should not always be man doing the job. She wants him to feel loved.) Hmm, it comes out naturally? When... I want to be y in-front of him? (Laughed out) 

Qns: Do you have any dark desire in terms of r/s? Or what do you think of in terms of your darkness? 

Ans: Dark is such a ominous word! I can't relate to it unless it's my jealousy or wanting to take revenge? (Laughs) Am I evil if I say I'll add in bits of torture to my guy when he did out go his scope behavior? I'll make sure he knows what I've felt. But I think its good in a way? So we do not upset one another again when we make known how that sort of feelings will hurt. 

Qns: Talk about flirty. Do you have this side in you? Your baby-face can't seem to blend in with it! 

Ans: I've heard him say I do and he wasn't too happy about it when i am giving others the wrong signal without myself realizing I'm actually flirting. (Laughs) Maybe that's guys view? Like when talking to my close guy-friends, I tend to be in guy shoes than a woman and this caused people to think otherwise, that I am flirting with all of them for their attention? But I'm not. My true flirts is only for one. He knows it. (Smiles) 

Qns: From our knowledge, you've been single for the longest time? Why does it seems like you have been referring to a specific one throughout? Any luck in that area recently? We could see you blooming with love! Able to share with us? 

Ans: (laughs) I haven't been single for the longest time! Just that nobody really asked me. Or perhaps I've been keeping him underwrap? (laugh) He's a down to earth man who behave like a kid. Maybe I'll introduce him soon if we got caught by paparazzi when dating!? (laughs) 

It took the media by storm when Soeun's interview was released. Many men were heart broken. Those who claimed her as their ideal were even more facinated by her real character behind screen. Some were Jaerim's friends, both in and outside of the entertainment circle. They were talking about Soeun's real side and it was making Jaerim proud yet uncomfortable. 

"You guys read the latest news on Jaerim's ex wife, Kim Soeun? She's attached! Jaerim arh, you know who? Damn, what a lucky man! She seduce him! I'll be too if she just wink at me once! I really like her style. The unusual woman with boyish side.",said Jaerim's friend as they met for supper. 

Jaerim's POV: 

Ex-wife?! I won't let her have a chance to divorce me! Yeah, the luckiest man is me. When everyone thought a baby-face her can't do much. She did out of my expectations all the time. You guys could not handle it if she caress your inner thigh like combing a cats fur! My little vixen. How many times did she notice my sensitivity? I'm really caught dead in her webs.... Maybe it's time I tell them about it. Their fantasy for my Soeun should stop now! 

End of Jaerim's POV. 

"Ya.... Get over her. She's taken...........by me. So it's weird to hear you dirty minded old men here talking bout my girlfriend like that. I'll tell your wives and girlfriends I warn you!",Jaerim declared with a tease. His friends plainly laughed out, not believing his words.

"If you have the ability, you would have done that when that WGM program ended! We saw it in your eyes! You do like her since then! When was it? Your birthday party? Now don't come and say idiot things", his friend said. It surprised him that they notice his feelings to her but never once forced him to spill. He's glad they are the way now. 

"I'll only show once. And you guys better not be funny after it. Don't go spreading until we are officially caught. Here! Now open your eyes, you these bunch of idiots.", Jaerim warned and showed them a pic of him kissing Soeun's blushing cheeks. The guys can't believe it as it was a side view of Jaerim. He showed them a few more of family pictures to prove they are indeed a couple, having seen both parents. His friends were dumbfounded to know they have been dating for years. 

"Soeun arh... Why don't we set up a joint account together? For the future? What do you think?", Jaerim asked Soeun when they were watching movie in his room. He had thought of this before but was weary of Soeun's reaction. They have both make known to the world that they are individually attached. So getting married will soon be next, right? That was his thought. 

"Who say I'll marry you oppa? (teased Jaerim and got a elbow strangled by him) Alright! Alright! (giggled) I was actually thinking about that too. If we were to plan for the future, we need to save up a bit first. And I wouldn't want you to bare all the cost. It's our future right? So it's two people money!", Soeun replied stubbornly not taking no as an answer. 

Jaerim didn't mind to folk out everything to give Soeun a perfect wedding. Yet to hear her say wanting to share with him made him more concrete in loving the right woman. They have never touch on this topic before. As all he knows, all woman expected the guys to pay everything without offering any help yet asking for the best. She's definitely different. Through their personal bankers, they managed to open a joint account discreetly behind the counters. People saw them going in one after another. Whispering were heard as they exclaimed whether was it them they saw. They left by the back door. 

Rumors were spreading ever since the trip to the bank together. Both agency said they do not interfere with their artist personal affairs and therefore will not ask them either. It comes to a surprise that SM C&C would announce that as it was a norm that this company will say no and that it's purely a coincidence. MBC awards was around the corner. They took this chance to bring Jaerim and Soeun to walk the red carpet and have them seat side by side together. It will definitely bring in the viewing percentage. 

The hundreds flashes, the million dollars smile as the actors, actresses and idols arrived at the venue fetched in their representative posh cars. Everyone was waiting for the rumored couple. Jaerim and Soeun was not alarmed when told to be each other partner for the ceremony. They had expected it from MBC. A black hummer arrived. It's known that Jaerim had a thing for jeeps, cameras took their position. Jaerim appeared from the other door in dark blue suit and black slim tie. His hair was styled up. He waved and winked to the fans and everyone who screamed when they saw him. 

He then open the door for Soeun's appearance. The cheers got louder when Jaerim did the unexpected. He carried Soeun down instead and told all how could he let a lady climb off this high car in that dress. He cracks everyone up with his lines. As he gently laid Soeun on her feet, all was awed by her natural beauty. She was in a champagne-coloured off-shoulder dress that reaches the carpet and her hair was braided to a side. She looks absolutely gorgeous with her partner in crime. As they walked the path together with Soeun's arms hooked around Jaerim's, all reporters asked the same question. "Is it true that you are dating one another? You two look great together! Were you guys the ones at the bank? Getting married?" 

Jaerim and Soeun who stopped for their shots taken kept smiling and waving. The only thing he replied was,"catch us if you can." as he teased them and said their thanks and proceed to the fans area. After so long, fans were hoping the Solim couple could be together for real. It warms the heart that they were willing to take selfie with the fans. There was nothing negative to write about Jaerim or Soeun. 

During the award presentation, Jaerim won the best male actor award. What they managed to capture was Soeun giving Jaerim a hug of congratulation. They were expecting a kiss. MBC to be the first on hand news on this rumored couple but it did not happen. In his speech, he thanked everyone for their support, ending the last to "the woman who's watching this, you made me work hard". The camera was directing at Soeun's area. She was smiling as normal for his win. There was nothing suspicious about her even after Jaerim's open declaration. 

The paparazzi were lurking around their apartments ever since the rumor spread. Although they have decided to come clean, this was not the way to be snapped. Going to one another's house will project a wrong image. Their datings changed to going public places instead. That's where they would wanna be captured and they did.

It was the movie premiere of Marvel's latest work. Many korean celebraties were invited. It was then, they saw Jaerim holding Soeun's hand, interlocked. Reporters were shooting questions to the couple and what they got was Jaerim raising their locked hands to them with a nod and asked all to enjoy the movie. The confirmation garnered tons of congrats. The couple got used of having their pictures taken and when it died down a little, they resumed to staying home together. 

The smooth roller coaster ride of their r/s went into the 6th year. In any cases where couple might get tired of one another, Jaerim and Soeun loved one another more than before. Everyday they are discovering a new side. For the past months, Jaerim had been busy.  His parents, especially his mother kept pressing him bout marriage. They have been dating for so long and the old folks were itching for a grandchild. Jaerim's sister long ago decided to have no kids. So it was left on Jaerim's shoulder. It's not that he didn't want to marry Soeun. What they didn't know was he had been searching for the perfect proposal ring for months. 

The decision to marry her was when he missed having to see her when he return home from work and early morning when he wakes up beside her. He wanted to be around her everyday instead of once a week. Her cooking skills improved over the years. Now he yearns for her dishes when he had to eat out. He wanted to have a home with her. A home that give her love.

But hunting for the perfect ring was not easy. Preparing a proposal event also took him a month to plan it out. And the day he got everything laid out, Jaerim called the parents saying he's gonna propose to Soeun anytime and if they would give them the blessing. Needless to say, his family members scolded him for taking too much time on this step yet were happy to have Soeun as a new member. Jaerim was glad Soeun is well liked by his family. They were not blind. They always tell him he could never find another girl that could do so much for him. Deep in his heart, he knows it too. 

Having the elders approval was the first priority. He then called Soeun's parents when she was out of town. He went over to have dinner with them and the same time asked their permission to have their daughter's hand. Soeun's parents were amazed by Jaerim's respect. They know their daughter will be in good hands but to see this side of him truely made them relief that Jaerim chose their daughter. In his face, her parents and sister shouted "welcome aboard son-in-law/bro-in-law" at the same time. He loved Soeun's family just as much as his own. They always welcome him with warm. 

It's was coming spring. Flowers blooming on the trees. Both dressed casually, one in tee and berms another in sundress. Jaerim took Soeun on a picnic date together at a park with all their beloved kittens. Having their cats leashed up was weird as that was not within the cats way of interaction to the outside world. Yet Jaerim cared less as he could see the cats enjoying themselves. All these while, someone have been videoing them. Jaerim hired one to capture the previous moment, once in a life time. 

It was that moment, Jaerim told Soeun to wait for him as he brought the cats for their wash. It was suspicious as one man washing 3cats when she could help but Jaerim said she's in dress and didn't want her to be dirtied if the cats decided to dry themselves suddenly. She relented and waited. It was then a little boy went over her and asked her to help get his ballon that's stuck on the tree. 

The little boy ran and Soeun tried to catch up but lost him. When she stopped for a breather, she realised in front of her was a giantic fully blossomed Sakura tree with some sort of strings hanging down from the branches. She walked nearer and was surrounded by pictures of Jaerim and her. One by one, she flipped the photos, behind each was hand written words of "Will you marry me, Kim Soeun?". Tears started to form at the edge of her eyes. 

Jaerim called out to her. In his hands were the 3 cats and a transparent box. He then kneed on one and said lovingly into her eyes,"Will you always stay by my side, loving me til my very last breath?" as he open the box. There it was, a simple braided-designed band supporting a 0.5 caret emerald cut pink diamond. It was elegantly shining. Soeun was caught by her breath. Her eyes not once looked at the ring. It was on Jaerim. Hearing him say those sentence, it only made her teared more. 

Jaerim released his breath and 'yeah-ed' out in joy when Soeun nodded her head lightly and said,"I'll be by your side even if you don't want me". He took out the ring and slipped into her 4th finger. It fitted perfectly and Soeun's finger made the ring sparkled brighter. Jaerim stood up, hugged Soeun tightly and spinned them round and round. The scene was so romantic at the videographer's sight. Jaerim did a splendid planning on this day. There were joy of tears from both of them. 

As they settled down, enjoying the breeze, having surrounded by the flowers and their dangling photo-cards, Jaerim suggested to call their parents on the phone at the same time to tell them the news before the media gets it. Putting on the speaker mode, they waited. In unison, both recipient said hello. That made Jaerim and Soeun exclaimed,"Omma! I'm engaged!!!!!!! (laughs)" There was frantic going on as both side were equally overjoyed by the news. There, both families begin to plan for their child immediately. 

Next, they wanted to surprise the media through their social portal. Facebook, Twitter, Weibo, etc. The first photo they posted was Soeun's partially hidden face. Her hand where the ring shines covering her eyes as she smiles cheerfully. The caption stated "She said YES!" & "I said YES!" on their individual page. The next photo they shared was two of them, with their cats, standing in the middle of Jaerim's creation with the caption,"Sharing our joy with you".

Those posting were shared immediately throughout with tons of comments congratulating them. Fans were loving them more as they shared it with them instead of giving exclusive rights to certain media company. Even their own agency wasn't informed. Some guys commented Jaerim had made the proposal standard higher now as their girlfriend are expecting the same. Jaerim and Soeun basked in bliss at all the encouraging statements. 

Interviews came and went, asking them how they maintain their r/s. Jaerim said it takes two to make it work and it also depends how much scarification one is willing to make. He mention Soeun's love for one person made him realise her meaning on love. She goes all out to ensure he's really happy. Although she seldom say "I love you", "I miss you" but she shows you through her little acts that he could feel those. And showing was way better than just hearing. He felt deeply loved by her all these while. But of course she does stuffs that made him wanna strangle someone. His jealousy are uncontrollable. Soeun on the other hand said Jaerim's every single affection to her was from his heart. Everything about him made her want to be better so she could be a woman that's worth his love. He never fails to call her even if he's dead tired after work, his heart for his family and everyone made him very attractive and he always put her before himself. 

They decided to arrange their wedding slowly, first looking for apartment then proceed from there. Yet during a visit to his hometown, Jaerim's parents gifted them a apartment as congratutory present. No matter how strongly the couple rejected, the parents insisted and told them it's a place definitely to their liking and if it's not, they'll change it for them at their choice. Indeed, when the viewing took place, Jaerim and Soeun was very pleased with it. The location was accessible, the surrounding has its quiet charms and rowdy times and the security was good enough. Just that it was even bigger than Soeun's parents' place. 

"I think I've decided. 4 rooms! Ours, study room, daughter's ans son's! Just nice right!", Jaerim said as they walked around the empty area. Soeun couldn't help but smile at his eagerness. The apartment was fully renovated and furnished in 3 months. It was then they took time to look for the wedding venue. Both have decided to make it an intimate affair where it will only consist of family and very close friends. 

Bridal shops, hotels, florist, one by one came up to the couple, wanting to provide sponsorships but all were rejected as they wanted to go through every single process themselves. But of course, when they had chosen the specific, all vendors didn't want to accept their payment saying it was a pleasure being able to plan the wedding together. They were all mesmerized by the couple's gracious attitude when customers could have been snobbish and asking too much. 

The day came. Seeing Soeun being walked in by her father made Jaerim teared. He made it clear that he will not disappoint this woman in his entire remaining life when Soeun's father told him to look after his previous gem well. Sealed with a kiss, Jaerim and Soeun was pronounced husband and wife.