Chapter 9

My Vampire Girlfriend

Hyosub POV

I saw Lu Han walking on the way to his house. I felt relieved. He looks okay though. I ran to catch up to him. On the other hand, he was suprised.

"Hyosub! You scared me."
"Sorry, Han. Uh... Are you okay?"
"Of course I am. The question is, are you okay?"
"Same with you. I thought something bad happened to you."
"I don't think that's possible."
"Anything strange happening between you and Minjae?"
"Wait. You know her?"
"Uh... Of course I know her."
"Oh yeah? How?"
"It's a long story. Don't mind it. As long as you're safe, I trust her with you."
"What? Is she that dangerous to you?"
"I didn't say that she's dangerous, Han."
"You're getting a little weird, Hyosub. I have to go."

Lu Han went inside his house. I'm not comfortable with that Minjae. Maybe she'll Han's blood or something. It's getting on my nerves. Minjae, you better get ready. This will be a cold battle between you and I.

Lu Han POV

Something's not right. Or maybe everything right now is not right. My mind was spinning around; kept on jumping to conclusions.

I went to the kitchen and drank a whole glass of water trying to calm down. However, I found a way to end this problem. I changed my clothes as fast as I can and went out. I walked to the streets of  Gangwon to look for a nearest bookstore.

Fortunately, I found one. I search for books about mystery creatures and their 'weird' attitudes I guess. Fortunately again, I found a book in less than 5 minutes. I scanned the pages but some words that were defined in it were not familiar to me.

I bought the book and went on my way home. As the light dims at dawn, I felt like I'll be in danger or something.

When I went down to the streets, there were drunk men blocking my way.

"Where are you going young lad? Have a drink." a drunk man wrapped his arm around me and handed over a bottle of beer. I looked down on my feet and shooked my head. However, they still won't stop convincing me. Although I don't like drinking alcohol and luckily I'm allergic to iT.

"Let him go, bastards." A familiar voice was heard from a distance. The drunk men were shocked to see her. They bowed to her in a  90 degree and ran as fast as possible.

"Those guys know me quite well. I'm sure you know me too." Minjae appeared in front of me with an innocent smile.
"H-how?"
"How what?"
"Uh...nothing. I-uh I mean I would never expecting you to do things like that."
"Nevermind it. So, shall we go?"
"Go? Where?"
"Anywhere. How about we eat? I'm hungry though. I know you too."
"Okay, me too. Let's go."

We went to a restaurant. I stopped her and faced her. "Are you kidding me? Here? It's expensive. Fast food's better." I complained. "It's my treat anyway, Han. I want you to eat here. C'mon. For me?" She made puppy eyes which I felt a little embarrassed. I sighed and nodded to her.

With a bright smile, she grabbed my hand and went inside.