Chapter 1

My Vampire Girlfriend

"Don't worry, my dear. Your life here in Gangwon will be better than your life back in Gyeongsangnam-do." Mom said with a huge grin on her face. We're inside the car, driving towards the place called 'Gangwon'.

In my 16 years of existence, I don't have an at least one expectation will happen in my life in the future. We're moving to a new house and I'm going to study in a new high school. Everything's unexpected for me but I have to accept it anyway.

"We're here!" Mom exclaimed. I wasn't looking at the window all this time. I look at the window and saw rain drops on it. It was raining, but not heavily. Dad pulled the car to stop. I got out of the car. Our new house was the first I saw in this place. Dad took our luggage out of the car. Mom took the keys from her pocket and inserted it in the hole of the door knob.

When we got inside of the house, it looks nice. The living room, kitchen and the dining room were simple yet comfortable. But I wanna see my new room. I approached the Dad and he knew what I'm going to tell him.

"Come with me. I'll show you." Dad and I went upstairs. He showed me first their room with Mom. Then finally, my very own room. Dad opened the white door and led me inside. Blue walls welcomed me. There were book shelves, computer, study desk and other furnitures. I sat on my soft and cozy bed. 

"How is it?" Dad asked. "It's nice, Dad." I said. "I want you to be comfortable about our new house, my son." Dad said and patted my back. He gave me a grin and left the room. I laid on my bed, thinking on what could possibly happen to me here in this place. 

I had a feeling that things will be strange. The questions on my mind were full of 'What if'. Because of this, I drifted to sleep. Then suddenly, I heard someone's knocking on the door. 

"Dear?" Mom called and opened the door. I didn't budge, too tired. "Sweetheart? Wake up, please?" Mom shooked my shoulders, begging me to wake up. "I don't want to." I groaned. She sighed and stood up.

"Okay. If you don't want to wake up, I'll pull you out of your bed." Mom said. I sat but eyes still closed. "I'm awake. What do you want?" I'm half asleep, half awake. "I want you to know that tomorrow is your first day at your new school. Your dad will take you there." Mom said and messed my hair. So, I'm going to my new school, aye? I rubbed my eyes and opened it wide. 

"Oh, you kiddo. By the way, your bag's ready." Mom showed me my backpack and tossed it on my face. "Urgh... Mom!" I groaned in frustration. She laughed and left the room. I stood up and placed my bag on my study desk. I went downstairs and food was served on the table. I look at the wall clock and it's 8:17 pm. I sat and wait for them to sit. Dad came from their room and sat across me. Mom brought a pitcher of juice and put it on the table. We started eating, but in silence. No one tries to come up a topic to discuss... Until Dad spoke.

"So... You're going to school tomorrow. Are you excited?" Dad asked. "Honestly, no." I answered nonchalant. Mom and Dad looked at each other then to me. "What I meant to say was... I'm a little nervous. Maybe they won't treat me right." I explained right away. "Don't worry, sweetheart. No one will treat you in a negative way at your new school. Trust me." Mom held my hand and squeezed it. I gave her and Dad a grin and started eating again.

We finished dinner. I fixed myself and went to my room. I laid on my bed and pulled the blanket up to my shoulders. I kept on thinking about my new school. What will be students' attitudes there? So as the teachers? Will I have friends? My mind were full of questions, again. And again, that made me drifted to a deep slumber.