Chapter 2

My Vampire Girlfriend

"Sweety? Wake up! You're going to school!" I heard Mom outside of the door. I stretched out my arms and legs and rubbed my eyes. I got off of bed and fixed it. I went to the bathroom and took a bath. I got out of the bathroom with dripping wet hair and a towel wrapped around my waist. Then, I just noticed something. I don't know what to wear.

"Mom!!!" I called her very loud so that she can hear it. "I'm coming!" She shouted back. I heard her knocking on the door. I opened it. "What's your problem?" She asked. "Do students at my school wear their school uniforms?" I answered her with a question. "Nope. You'll be wearing casual clothes. So, go change, kiddo!" She messed my wet hair and went downstairs.

Mom was a young at heart. The way she treated me these days was like her younger brother. She's not that strict. She's playful, caring and a loving mother. But the way I see her was like she doesn't act like a mother at all. The reason behind all this is because she wants to be active and not getting stressed out.  

I changed my clothes. Just a blue t-shirt, white hoodie, denim jeans and rubber shoes. I went downstairs and saw Dad eating so I joined him. "Your time is 7:00 am. So, better hurry up." Dad said and sipped his coffee. I nodded and started eating. After that, we fixed ourselves and went outside. We got in the car and made our way to school.

I was a little nervous, facing the new chapter in life. And it started at the first of my new school. Dad pulled the car to stop infront of the main entrance. I looked at the window and saw students. They act normal, no bullies, gossiping or creating PDA. It's just like my school back at our place.

"You better get off now or you'll be late." Dad said. I gave him a salute and got off the car. I took a deep breath and went in. No one knew that I'm a transferee. Then, someone noticed me. She came up in front of me with a grin.

"Hi!" She started. "Hello." I said. "Didn't mean to scare you, if you know what I mean." she giggled. Well, that's unexpected. "C'mon! Let's go to our class." She said and I nodded. We walked through the hall and she began to talk.

"By the way, I'm Hwang Miyoung! Bright and talkative girl in school. I'm just kidding about the talkative thing." She laughed. I gotta admit. She has the wit... little corny ones. "What's your name?" She asked.

"My name is Lu Han." I answered. She nodded. "You don't want to tell me about yourself?" I can't believe this girl has a blabber mouth. "You can observe me than ask questions about me." I said. "Well, okay." She pouted. I won.

She stopped by the classroom on her right. "This is our classroom. I think you should stay here and wait for our adviser to come." She said and went inside the classroom. While waiting, a teacher approached me.

"Good morning. You must be Mr. Lu, if I'm not mistaken." The teacher said. "Good morning too, Sir. Yes, I'm Lu Han." I bowed to him. "I'm going to introduce you first to my class." I followed him inside.

"Good morning, class." He started. "Good morning, Mr. Jung." The students stood up and greeted him properly. He made them sat and let him in. "Okay, class. We have a new student. He's from Gyeongsangnam-do." He faced me. It's my chance to face them.

"Hello. My name is Lu Han. I don't have any expectations here but hope you'll treat me well." The students clapped and have their smiles crept on their faces. But I saw someone who was the opposite of everyone. I frowned a little. "Okay, thank you. You may sit at the vacant chair over there." He pointed at a vacant chair next to the frowning girl. I went to it and sat. I glanced at her but she was looking at the board. I sighed a little. Then, the class started.