Chapter 9

Book II: The Forbidden Love

I blinked as the bright rays of the sun came shining through the glass door of the balcony. I looked down and saw no sign of JM. I closed my eyes once again and sat up. "Morning." i felt her peck my forehead and sitting infront of me.  I smiled in an instant. "You smell nice. Like flowers and baby powder, if that makes sense. " i said. "It makes sense. " she laughed pinching my cheeks making me open my eyes. Oh, she already got ready. "Breakfast downstairs is in 20 minutes." she said once she successfully pulled me out of bed. "Towel." i reminded her once i was inside the bathroom. She knocked once and handed me the towel when i pulled her inside with me. "What are you doing?" she asked. I smirked and pointed at my razor. "you fogged the mirror." i shrugged at her. She narrowed her eyes at me and gave in. "Ok." she said picking up the razor and got ready to shave.

We were having a rather sweet and happy morning, until it dawned over me. "Today is our last day..." I told her. She paused and smiled sadly. "I know..." she answered, not looking at me. I held her waist and poked it. "Say something." I said. After a while, she looked at me and pinched my cheeks. "All done." She smiled once again. I pursed my lips and hugged her. "You leave this afternoon..." i whispered. Then she looked down at me patted my head. "Let's just enjoy the last few hours." She said and finally left me to shower.

~*~
 

"Jeju is actually chilly." She said hugging my arm closer. I stopped and went behind her to give her a bear hug, then we resumed walking. "That's why i told you to bring your sweater. " I told her. She chuckled and held my hands. "I wanted you to do this." she said. I laughed as well and kissed her temple.

"Kookie...What if, this trip wasn't planned and we never found each other at the airport?" she asked. "Well for starters, we would have not come to the agreement of staying single till all is figured out. We probably wouldn't have come to the decision of staying in love with each other. And well, I would probably have been on top the cliff and be jumping." Then she suddenly smacked my arm. "Ow!" i winced. "Don't say things like that." she scolded. I nodded and showed a gesture saying i was sorry.

"We probably wouldn't have cleared up so many thing and wouldn't have answered so many questions..." I said lastly. She was quiet till she asked another question. "Honestly, i'm starting to regret the decision of ending our relationship for a love that looks impossible to...how do i say it, 'return'. Your sister's boyfriend obviously likes your sister, not so sure with your sister though but yeah. Sorry for that. " She said out loud. I nodded and also voiced my thoughts.

"I think the same way..." I said. Memories from when Yongguk hyung and Haerin noona were 'talking' suddenly flashed back and got me thinking. "Now that i think about it, i kinda feel sorry for Chanyeol hyung... He's a good guy. He loves my sister and he cares about me like i'm his biological brother. But i'd still want my sister to be happy..." I went on.

"Huh. If it wasn't obvious that Himchan oppa still loves Haerin unnie, i'd find him another girl. Really." She chuckled. I smiled and kept silent, suddenly getting into my own thoughts as well.

~*~
 

"What time should we head back?" i asked her as i came back from getting our waffles. She looked up from texting and thought. "2:30? 3:00?" she shrugged and went back to text. "2:30 it is." i said and sat down. She finally settled her phone down and got hers. "I was chatting with Lai eonnie, she said she'll pick me up at the airport after her night class." She said and took a bite. I nodded and asked, "What about your things?" "I packed them all before graduation and left it at my parent's house. Himchan oppa says he'll bring them later at the airport." She said. I was quiet the whole time she was making arrangement when she suddenly nudged me.

"Why are you so quiet?" she tilted her head. I shook my head and said that it was nothing. "Say something." she poked my hand. I looked at hers and intertwined mine with hers. "This is really happening. You, leaving, for almost a year. " i said looking at our hands. "No contact, no hugs, no secret meetings, nothing. You'll be busy with school and training. I'll be busy with work... i just hope this, us,  will stay till then." I said, finally looking at her when she flashed me a smile and held my hand tighter. "We'll get through this. Have faith that we will. And if ever, it doesn't, i guess we just have to live with it." She shrugged. I continued to stare at her while she ate. "You've grown so much." i said. She looked up and showed a flustered look. "It's what i've realized from the time we spent away and together. I had a lot of thoughts going on in my head." She said, looking straight into my eyes with pure sincerity. "Stop." i told her. "Stop what? What did i do?" she asked. I paused and held her hand. "Stop making me fall harder for you. It'll be hard for both me and you." I told her, then she smiled and laughed it off. "Silly." She chuckled. We then resumed eating and suddenly, everything felt right again.
 

Time check. 2:30 pm

As i looked up from my watch, JM was finalizing her things as i just did. When she finally zipped her bag, she looked up at me and went by my side. We walked silently out the balcony of the room and admired the calm afternoon. I didn't notice the good weather until now.

"It's pretty peaceful.." she said. I smiled at the scenery and agreed "It is. I wish it would alwaysbe this peaceful..." I sighed. She looked at me and held my hand. "What's wrong?" She asked. "And don't tell me it's this thing between us. I know it's  something else." She added before i could even think of a reason...well more like a lie. "I just. I never imagined it would be this hard...Being a singer is all i ever dreamed of. Before i thought i'd be happy with my career and i am. But, you came along..." i paused. I held her cheek and tucked loose strands behind her ear. "Ever since you came into my life, the whole point of being a successful singer changed...When i became one, i crave for something more..Something else. And i didn't realise what it was until now." I said as i suddenly realised the solutions to my unanswered questions.

"And that is?" She asked. I paused for a moment and looked at her straight in the eye saying, "The thing i want the most, isn't being me right now. It's being me, with you. Through my past, present and my future. " I finished off with closing my eyes and approaching her softly as i whispered the words across her lips and finally, gave her a kiss she will never forget.

~*~

Time Check: 5:43 pm

Our plane landed 20 minutes ago and we left the check out counter a few minutes ago. On our way to the exit i watched JM from behind. Honestly, i felt kind of hurt. How can she still stay...normal? In a few more minutes she'll be leaving for London and here we are suddenly being welcomed by the masterminds behind the Jeju trip. Oh. "Kids!" Raeann noona welcomed us with open arms but Kyana noona was way more faster. "I missed you guys!" She said as she squished both JM and I. " We missed you guys too." JM said patting her back.

"Yah, what time is your next flight?" Kyana noona asked JM. "6:30." I answered instead. "Aigoo." Jin hyung sighed. JM looked at them with a comforting smiled. "I'll be back as soon as possible." She said and came by my side. I put my arm around her shoulders as she did around my waist. The boys howled in response as the girls giggled at our small gesture. "Oho, what's this? you made up?" Jimin hyung asked teasing me. "Something like that." I said resting my head on JM's as she patted my chest. "Oh God, it's back. I can feel the pasta climbing back up." Ari noona joked.

As all of us laughed and talked, we also went our way to the Departure terminal. "Well, this is it. A year in London." Himchan hyung shrugged, handing JM her luggage. "Thanks oppa. For everything." JM reached out for a hug. "I packed i little something there. Don't open it till you get there." He added as he let go of her. The others bid her goodbye as well. Some of the girls teared up and some of the guys were holding back their sad faces. But i wasn't one of them. As JM lastly turned to look at me, she raised a brow. "You look like you're about to cry." She said. "I am." I said. "We'll leave you guys to say your goodbyes." Himchan hyung offered and quickly scooted the others to the side.

 

"We'll contact each other if we have time. or even if we don't. I'll make time." I told her as i held her hand. She smiled and nodded. "I will too. Don't go looking at other girls just because i'm gone. I have someone on the inside to spy on you." She narrowed her eyes at me making me laugh and nodd as well. I kissed her forehead one last time and gently pushed her to the line. "Go, you'll miss the gates." I said. "Ok. I'll see you soon." She said extending her arm still holding my hand. I nodded once and started backing up as well. I let go of her hands and waved goodbye. She smiled at me and waved goodbye to the others.

When i saw her get inside the sliding doors, I turned around and started walking to where the others were. I picked out my phone and saw a message just came in.
 

'But if you turn around once,
The happiness you seek might go and say bye.'

 
I turned around once again to say one last goodbye to JM. I ran to the sliding doors and just as it opened, we we're staring at each other when she suddenly gave me a hug. I couldn't help but soften up badly and just quietly wrap my arms around her. I kissed the top of her head as she buried her face on my chest, i can feel my shirt getting wet that got me closing my eyes and holding back the tears real bad.
"I'll miss you. Real bad. I wish i could just stay with you or you go with me." she mumbled. I laughed and hugged her tight. "I wish for that too, you have no idea." I said savoring the feeling of her wrapped around my arms. "Kookie, I love you. I don't think that'll change." She whispered. I smiled and looked at her sparkling teary eyes. "I love you too. So much that it feels surreal. " I said as i looked at her.

"Last call to Passengers of Flight PF704, the gates will be closing in 5 minutes." "Well, that's our cue." I said making her laugh and cry at once. "I'll see you soon. I Promise" She said, kissing my cheek and giving me one last stare before turning around to run. "Yeah, Promise." I mumbled as the gates shut and JM was gone.