Chapter 8

Book II: The Forbidden Love

I woke up to the feeling of someone's finger tracing all over my bare chest. It felt ticklish but very relaxing at the same time. I peeked down at the person tracing all over my chest and chuckled when she blushed. "What are you doing tickling me very early in the morning?" i asked, scooting to her at eye level. "Nothing." she tried to hide her smile but cutely failed anyway. "What where you writing?" i asked again, caressing her blushing warm cheek. She brought up a finger to her lips and whispered, "It's a secret." I looked at her with narrowed eyes but she just sneaked a peck on my lips and quickly retreated to smile. I pinched her nose lightly and tapped it.

"You feeling fine?" i asked. She nodded once, looking elsewhere but my eyes directly. I laughed. "How cute. You're embarrassed." i said. She jokingly glared at me and flicked my ear. "That is not a way to treat nor ask your girl, especially when she's sore. " she whispered the last part.

"I don't know if i should be sorry or proud." I cupped her face with both hands and gave her a long smooch. I felt her scrunch her nose then smile and that's when i shifted to hover over her. I gave her one last light peck then pulled away and went back to rest on my side. "Hop up. We still have a lot to do today. You go in first. " I said, pointing my head at the bathroom door. Instead, She gave me one long stare and then i got what she was trying to say. I sighed and turned to lay on my stomach, my face on my pillow. Then, i felt her move. She stayed seated on the bed for a couple of minutes then i felt her tap on my shoulder.

"Yes?" i asked, face still down. "Where did you throw my underwear?" she asked. I laughed and shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe out the window?" i teased. "Oh, nevermind. Found it." she moved once again and finally stood up. But then a thud came. I quickly turned around and saw her sitting on the floor in only her bra and underwear. I gave her a questioning but amused look.  "Jeon Jungkook, i will make you feel this numbness one day." She glared at me and stood up once again. I watched her awkwardly and very slowly walk to the door and when she finally closed it i fell back on the bed. I smiled up the ceiling and closed my eyes in delight.

 
"What are you reading?" i asked JM as i sneaked a look at her and saw she was covering half of her face, and because her ears were red. She looked up at me and shook her head. "Nothing." she muttered. "You sure? Your ears are red." i said looking at her intently when she locked her phone and put it under her pillow. She scooted closer and wrapped her arms around me, burying her neck on my chest.
 

"Seriously, why are you so red?" i asked, starting to worry. I felt her forehead with my palm and compared our temperatures. "You're not sick are you?" i asked, cupping her face making her look at me. She looked at my eyes and that's when i figured out she was blushing, like really blushing.

 

"What did you see?" i asked her with skeptical eyes. She remained frozen in my hands and when i kissed her then pulled away she was still frozen only that she answered my question this time. "Not saw, read." She said. "Ok, what did you read?" i asked.She gulped once and slowly covered her face with her hands.

 

"A fictional story, about you."she muttered. I smiled down at her and kissed the back of her hands. "Why read one when you have me?" i asked her. Then she blushed harder. "Please stop asking." she said, hugging me quickly and once again hiding her face on my chest. I raised a brow and grew curious. "Ok? Goodnight baby." i kissed her cheek and pulled the blankets to her shoulder level. I snuggled up close and soon, we drifted off to sleep.

~*~

I woke up feeling refreshed and warm. I opened my eyes to the sight of JM sleeping peacfully. Her head was resting on her pillow but her hands were hanging loosely around my waist. I smiled as i thought of how fun yesterday was. Today will be a whole new day, with her. I suddenly thought about last night and got curious of what she was reading. How cute is she? Reading a story about me.

 

I sneakily reached out for her phone under her pillow, careful not to wake her up. After blindly looking for it, i felt the ears of her pikachu case and very slowly took it. I turned my back on her and unlocked her phone before looking for the story. I'm a very curious boy, what can i say?

 

I went to her recent activities and saw the browser app opened last. I clicked a few buttons and landed on a chapter. It was the 60th chapter. Doesn't she get bored reading all these chapters? I scrolled down and read a few lines. I scanned through them slowly and saw that it's..."a rated story...of me." i widened my eyes and began reading.

 

"Kookie?" i heard JM whisper by my ear. I jumped in shock and looked at her. She was looking back at me with wide eyes and a blushing face. I blushed as well and handed her phone back. "S-sorry. I was curious." i scartched the back of my ear and stood up. "i'll get ready in my room. " i said and awkwardly left when she said ok.

 

I let out a breath as soon as i closed the door to my room. I was still blushing, i felt it. I cupped my cheeks and walked to the bathroom. Looking up at the mirror, i saw myself very red and very shy. I laughed a little as i thought of what happened back there. It was just like that time when we almost kissed but her phone rang and we instantly broke apart. I continued laughing as i took off my shirt and was about to strip when i realized i don't have my towel. And so i walked outside the bathroom to get my towel and my underwear and got back inside to shower.

 

As soon as i was done getting ready, i found a text from JM to wait for her at the lobby and for 10 minutes or so, that's what i did. I was playing with my phone when I heard whispers from both girls and boys around me. "Woah." "Look at her dress!" "Oh, i loooked just likke her when i was her age." "She looks so cute." i looked around and my landed at a very beautiful girl in a pale pink sundress, wearing peachy keds sneakers and wow is she indeed beautiful.


 

"Can we go now? I feel like someone is staring at me." JM approached me, looking up at me. I was still gaping at her as she talked. "Hello? Earth to kookie? Hey." she cupped my face and shaked it. I finally snapped out of my trance and looked at her once again from head to toe.

 

"You look, amazing." i whispered. She flashed a shy smile. "Thanks. You don't look so bad yourself." she said, punching me lightly on my shoulder. "You look really amazing. Too amazing. Yah. What are you trying to do?" i questioned her as i took her hand and walked out. As we were walking out i could feel people looking at us. jeez. She looked at me confusingly. "Trying to look good?" she laughed. You're not trying to impress anyone are you?" i asked. She blushed and shook her head no. Then, i could smile. "Not even me?" i asked, wiggling my eyebrows at her. "Jeez kookie, talk about a 180 degree change." she laughed again. "and to answee your question, i was trying to impress you. only you." she said, tapping my nose. "Damn right i am." i said, pecking her cheek and finally flagged a cab.


 

After grabbing breakfast, we took our time exploring the busy town of Jeju. We first went to the trick art museum V hyung got us tickets for and boy was it fun. From there we took a bus to Jungmun Tourist Resort Complex. Then a man approached us and said he were to give us a horse carriage ride. As we passed by Seonimgyo Bridge, an arched bridge over Cheonjeyeon Waterfall that has seven nymphs carved on both sides. Water fell from three sides and i found out it was also called 'the pond of God'.

 

We were both at awe at how beautiful it was, and i heard JM whisper along the lines of "i will never forget this beautiful view of that waterfall." i turned to my head at her and looked at her in the eyes.  " and i will never forget how happy i am to be the one, here, with you, to witness this beautiful sight." Cheesy, i know, but hey, i had to do something to make it unforgettable.


 

We also went to the Botanical garden which was also very beautiful. There were arches and pillars covered with flowers and vine leading to the center, where we took a lot of pictures and videos by the greek inspired fountain. We lost track of time and so we had quick lunch at a bbq place near town and proceeded to go according to plan, that is to visit wherever Namjoon hyung and Suga hyung wanted us to be.

 

A few minutes of shopping and looking, we finally arrived at the last store Suga hyung told us to go to. As soon as we step foot, we were welcomed by a lady in a very sophisticated sense of wearing.


 

"Hi. You must be Jeon Jungkook and Kim Jaemin." The lady approached us in a kind manner. "I'm Kim Nayoung, also a friend of Namjoon." she smiled. We bowes back and smiled as well. Then she called two employees, a man and a woman. "These are Chanhyuk and Soohyun. They will be assisting you for the next hour and a half." she said. We looked at her confusingly but she just hushed us. "No questions, just let me do my magic. Follow me as we talk about what you want to wear for an elegant night, shall we?" she continued, dragging us to every clothes rack.

 

"Now that we have picked your clothes, we shall move on and give you two a look makeover. "Nayoung said, approaching the two and checking their appearances. Jungkook raised a brow. "Wait, makeover?" he asked. The lady simply nodded and snapped her fingers once. In an instant, Chanhyuk and Soohyun were dragging JM and Jungkook upstairs, where they found, a salon.

 

 

Both JM and Jungkook were seperated upstairs. JM sat on the left side of the salon while Jungkook sat on the right. After 40 minutes or so, they were then dragged to the changing rooms.

 

"Okay, on three." Nayoung said from the other side of the door. Both JM and Jungkook have been changing at opposite rooms, on the right room was Jungkooks changing room while on the opposite room was JMs.  "one, two, three." Jungkook slide opened his curtain and saw JM in a very beautiful Royal blue gown. JM on the other hand, gaped at how dashing Jungkook looked in his classic black slightly gray suit with a white polo shirt inside and a metallic blue undone bow tie.

 

"You two, look, absolutely stunning." Nayoung said once then turned and walked towards the huge mirror. She circled around them and clapped in delight. "Nice, right?" She asked. The two looked at each other through the mirror and smiled brightly. They both looked at Nayoung and gave her a grateful smile. "Very nice. Thank you so much." JM said, bowing lightly at her. "Oh the pleasure is mine." she said, smiling back. She then led them back downstairs where she got back behind the counter as the two sat on a rest area.

 

"Your ride should be arriving in a few minutes, and i hope, you two have a wonderful evening." Nayoung said, handing them a big bag each of their belongings. Jungkook checked his bag and saw another small box inside. He looked up at her and asked, lifting the small box. "This isn't mine." he said. "Oh i know, just a small gift for the two of you. I heard you graduated. Congratulations." she said. Then suddenly, Chanhyuk interrupted and informed them that the ride is waiting outside. And so they bid their thank yous and goodbyes before finally hopping in the car to their next destination.

 
 

"I wonder where we're going." JM asked. "Same here. We went to the museum, the waterfall, the bridge, the shops and a salon. All that's left is the concert, and Hoseok hyungs surprise." Jungkook chuckled. He reached out to her and held her hand in his. He looked at her and lightly kissed the back of her hand. "You look beautiful." he whispered. She smiled back and squeezed his hand. "You look handsome as well." she said.

 

A few minutes passed and they stopped by a few meters from the ocean deck of the hotel that they we're staying at. "What are we doing here?" Jungkook asked, looking out as they were led somewhere at the end of the deck. "Are we getting on that?" JM asked as she pointed at a luxury yacht ready to sail. "Yes and yes. Do you have the envelope of tickets with you?" The kind driver asked Jungkook. He nodded an looked for the white envelope that he have not opened until now. Confused by the matter because he thought they we're the concert tickets,he gave them to the driver.

 

"They're the concert tick- oh." he warned until the man took out the tickets that were actually the yacht passes. "Guess they're not." he smiled politely as they stopped just by the ramp leading to the yacht. "I will be waiting back here at the car, take your time and enjoy the evening. Oh, and i will be taking those." he said, pointing at the big paper bags. They handed him the bags, not forgetting to take a few of their belongings with them. "Have a good evening." the driver said, bowing and leaving them as they walked the ramp and got on the yacht.

 
 

"What about the concert?" I said to Jungkook, looking around where no one was yet insight. As we step foot on board, i looked out on the open, looking for people who may be arriving to be on this vessel. I leaned on the railings and suddenly felt, Jungkook wrap an arm around my waist. "Look  there." he said, pointing at a stage where an orchestra band was indeed waiting. I gaped at the sight. A small Orchestra band sat present on a stage, waiting for their conductor to arrive. And as if on cue, a man appeared from below deck and walked straight to the center of the stage. He greeted them then he looked at us and bowed as well. I stood in Jungkook's arms, excited to watch and when they did, Gosh was it so beautiful.

 

I closed my eyes and let the sound of the soft wind, the ocean slapping the side of the yacht overpowered by the orchestra, sink in to me. Jungkook slowly turned me around and i opened my eyes to see him looking back at me. He took my hand with his and placed it on his shoulder then the other held his right hand. He pulled me closer by the waist and slowly, we waltzed.

 

 

Left,  forward, right, backward, spin and all over again. I was amused at how smooth he led me. "Having fun there?" he asked. I looked at him and scrunched my face. "Like you're not." I said. He nodded and spun me around letting me fall backwards as he  supported me from falling. "That I am." he winked. " I didn't know you knew how to waltz. " I said. "When I went to America to learn more about dance, I learned this as well. The basics, actually." he said as we swayed. "This doesn't look like the basics." I pointed out. He nodded and explained. "Jinnie noona taught me. You were running late that day from school and i came to pick you up. Obviously I  came too early and that's when she taught me." he said, leading me to dance all over the platform. "Typical Jinnie eonnie. So random." I laughed. We were so into dancing and swaying to the music we didn't notice, we we're still the only passengers on the boat. When the music stopped, we bowed to the orchestra and so did they. Then left the stage and got off deck.

 

"Attention passengers, this is your captain speaking. Please proceed on the second deck as we are about to set sail. Food will be served shortly, in the mean time, please enjoy the view of the city night of Jeju. Thank you." The speaker turned off as the announcement was made. Jungkook led me down from the upper deck to the main deck where we found a restaurant below from where we we're standing before and a few other things. The view from here was more wide and less high. It was a perfect angle to look at the night sky reflecting on the sea. As I turned to look at Jungkook, he tucked a strand behind my ear and took out his hand for me to take. i chuckled and took it, then we went inside.

 

"So, have you figured out what Hoseok oppa prepared for us?" i asked as the first course for our meal was served. "No. But, he sent me another text today. " he said."Not on shore." he said what was written on the text. I chuckled and raised a brow. "I don't get it." i said. "I don't too. But whatever. We'll figure it out somehow. " he said laughing. We went on chatting and laughing the night away and just like that, dinner has passed by.

 

Right now, we just silently stood out here on deck. Admiring the view of the city lights from afar. Jungkook's phone beeped in his pocket so he took it out and found another text. He opened it and read it out loud. "Not up in the sky." it said. Just then, the captain announced that we will be stopping by. I looked out and didn't fail to notice the helicopter ride. "Why is there a helicopter on the side of the shore?" i asked Jungkook in shock. "I have no idea. But man do i want to ride that thing." he smiled, obviously excited. Then i recalled what was the message on the previous text. 'Not on shore...Not up in the sky.' I thought. I was about to ask Jungkook to show me the text messages when the captain's voice spoke again through the speaker.


 

"Ladies and Gentlemen, it was nice sailing with you.Thank you and have a good night." " wait, we're getting off?" I asked when we were escorted off deck and to..."the helicopter. We're getting on the helicopter. How did they afford all these?" Jungkook finished off and asked out loud. "Kookie. This is Lai eonnie's helicopter. " i pointed at the sign written in the side of thehelicopter that said "Jo Industries." Kookie looked back at the yacht and said, "the yacht was Lai noona's as well." i blinked at him as a woman approached and escorted us to the helicopter.

 

"Are we- oh gosh yes we are." Jungkook was about to asked above the noise of the helicopter when the woman opened the door and helped us in. She then closed it and ran to the pilot's seat. and just like that. We were up in the air.

 

This whole time i was holding Jungkook's hand. Then i went back to thinking about the texts. "Not on shore, not up in the sky. " i whispered. I tapped Jungkook's shoulder and asked him. "Kookie, can i borrow your phone? i just need to read the texts Hoseok oppa sent." i said to him through the headphones and built-in mic. He then without hesitation gave me his phone and we both scanned through them.

 

'Happiness that you seek,
can be at the other end of the sea.
Not on shore, not up in the sky. '

 

 

it said. It seemed incomplete. These are pieces from a puzzle we had to figure out ourselves. But one thing i noticed is that, this puzzle, is somehow related to this trip. We were both looking for something to enjoy in Jeju. I'm practically going to be leaving to the other end of the sea. We spent a whole day and a half on sea, we're now riding a helicopter. Just what exactly was he trying to say?

 

I suddenly felt Jungkook tap my hand and when i looked up to meet his eyes, he was pointing at the window. "Look out the window." he said. I followed what he said and looked out the window. I was left with my mouth agape. We we're flying over a volcano crater that became a flat land. I know it was a volcano because we studied this before in our geography class, i just can't remember what it's called. But it was a beautiful sight. We made it to the middle and did a small round inside the crater, making me and Jungkook look out on our own windows. I suddenly wondered if the volcano was still active...now that, i am not sure of. I held Jungkook's hand while he turned to me in return. He saw me shiver and suddenly wrapped an arm around my shoulder. In return, i looked at hima nd gave him a grateful smile. He pulled me closer to his side and together we admired the night sky of Jeju-do.

 

The view of the city shining like little lights. Its reflection on the water. It was dark but the island could still be seen. A little more later and we where heading back to the city. Then another text came up, only this time, both of our phones receive one.

 

'Having fun there sweety? ;)'
- Anon

 

I looked at it confusingly and saved the number so i could call it later. I turned to Jungkook and saw that he had a smile evident on his face. "What's up?" i asked. He looked at me and gave me a small smile. "No, it's nothing. Just a random text." he said. I titled my head and asked what it was about. "Haerin noona texted me. She asked if i was in Jeju because she saw me walking out of a store wearing a suit. " "Oh. She's also here..." i said. "Yeah. i remember her talking about it. She had to organize a runway show for this tv segment on Mnet. " "Hey, maybe someday i'll be a part of it." i said. He nodded and pinched my nose lighty. "Yes, you might." He said, kissing my hand.

 

but i couldn't shake off the matter about the random text. dammit, who is that person?