Chapter 1

Book II: The Forbidden Love

"Standby....Ready, cue!" I adjusted my headphones and concentrated on the melody. Grabbing emotion deep inside my head and heart. 

"Yeah~...yeah."
"Just one day, one night."
"Sup taran tae nareun tae~"

Just one day. I listened to the lyrics as we sang our own parts. The things i would do with Jaemin if we were still dating...The feelings i could have relayed to her under the moonlight...the memories we could have made and kept for a life time...

"If i have just one day, it's possible"
...

"Just one day, if i can be with you~"
Jaemin..
"Just one day, if i could hold your hands~"
Can i?..
"Just one day, if i can be with you~"
Just for one day..
"Just one day~"
 please..
"If only we can be together~"
If only..
"Can you please stay with me?"
Kim Jaemin...please comeback to me...

~*~

"Thank you for your hard work!" Everyone bowed to the staff as we packed up and left the place. I walked silently behind everyone still thinking of JM.

"Kookie-ah, you okay? You're so quiet." Jimin hyung asked. "I'm fine hyung. Just thinking about our song. You think the fans will like it?" I asked, changing the topic. "I hope so. I mean, i personally like it. Gahh. I want to have a girlfriend. Lucky Taehyung."he said  "Don't forget Suga hyung." I added, making the two of us laugh. Aigoo. Lucky Taehyung hyung indeed. 

I entered the car and sat at the very back of the van then plugged in my earphones and listened to random songs. While listening, i couldn't help but think of, well JM. It's like every song and their lyrics talk about her, us. Everyone soon drifted asleep but i continued to stare outside the window and watched the busy streets of Seoul. 


 

"Kids, where are you?" Jinnie asked, shouting around the house. "Eonnie!" Heerin came running from the backyard to her. "Act like a lady Yoo Heerin. Please. You turned 25 for pete's sake." Jinnie said as Heerin dragged her to their backyard where the others were swimming and grilling barbeque. "Told you you're childish. " Youngjae pipped. "Ok, i shall take my leave." Jinnie said and went back inside when Heerin raised her brows and walked over to where he was standing. 

"Do i look childish to you?" She crossed her arms and raised a sassy threatening brow. "You still do." He replied and shrugged. She walked closer to him and placed both hands on his shoulders gliding them down his chest and up again to lock her fingers behind his neck. "Still?" She asked. "Still." He challenged. She glared at him and kissed him full on the lips before hiding her face on the crook of his neck. "My childish girlfriend." He teased, kissing her cheek and hugging her back.

JM watched from the other end of the pool and smiled at Youngjae and Heerin. "Isn't it amasing how they've been going strong for 2 and a half years now? I never even thought Youngjae hyung would get a girlfriend but obviously, Heerin noona proved us wrong." Jongup said as he sat beside JM. "Yeah. They would probably marry each other right?" JM asked. "I don't know, i mean even the longest of relationships can end. There's no forever you know. It's all for say. " Jongup said. "Yes, thank you, oppa, for ruining my imagination. I really appreciate that." JM splashed water at Jongup. He laughed and ruffled her hair. "I'm stating reality ok. Is it about Jungkook?" He asked softly. She paused and looked down at the water. "Who else." She said. 

"Is it really that hard to forget about him that you have to leave to another country? Aren't you overreacting?" He asked, scoffing. "And why are you mad?" She asked. "Because, you're leaving just for that guy. There are many other guys out there. Like me." He chirpped. She chuckled and pushed him lightly. "Why would i date you oppa? I'm like a sister to you." She said. He faced her. "I never said that." He said. "What? You like me?" She asked jokingly. "I don't, but i could. You're a beautiful young lady JM and Jungkook isn't the only guy out there." He said. JM nodded and sighed. 'Jungkook isn't the only guy out there' no matter how much people kept on saying that, she still wouldn't take it. Because, "Jungkook is the only guy for me."...


 

"Go. Ask him." "No. Hyung. You go ask him." "Jimin, i'm the leader. Go ask him." Hyung that's not fair." "Then why don't you ask him, huh, Taehyung?" "Uhmm." "Stop bullying them Namjoon." "Hyung. You're the eldest. Go ask him." "Yah. Does that even make sense? Hoseok. Go." "What-

"Yes?" I asked when i opened the door and found everyone outside the door. J-hope hyung was in the middle and he warily smiled at me. "See...the girls..invited us...to their house...for barbeque...wanna go?" He asked. I gave them a confused look. " what's the occassion?" I asked. "Uhh. We don't know as well..." Jimin hyung said. I nodded. "I'll just change. " i said and closed the door politely  

"Oh. " "Did you see that?" "No hint of sadness." "Asa!" I heard them cheer. I smiled at their silly reactions. I opened my closet and looked for the thinest hoodie and wore it with matching knee cut pants and well my shoes. I wore the necklace JM gave me on my birthday last year and felt the pendant. It was a pendant with two silver wings attached. I remember what she told me when i asked her why wings. 'It represents your free soul. I don't know. You just remind me of wings cause their beautiful and....free.' I smiled as i brought it to my lips and kissed it. A routine i've been doing ever since i got this necklace. 

~*~

"Hey noona~" Jimin emphasized on the hey part as Kyana opened the gate and fist-bumped with everyone. "Ah yes. The quiet man. Didn't expect i'd see you joining." Kyana sarcastically said when Jungkook smiled and fist- bumped with her as well. "Noona, we're still friends, aren't we?" He said. She smiled back and nodded. "Go on in. The food is almost done." She said patting him at the back and turned to the last person to enter. 

"Jin." She acknowledged. "Babe." He said with the same serious tone. He cupped her cheek lightly and kissed her forehead. "Still going to call me by my name?" He asked, placing his arm on her shoulders while she wrapped her arm around his waist and closed the gate. "Yes." She stated. He chuckled and kissed her temple while walking to their backyard where the party was being held. 

"Ah yes. The newly recruit of the love birds corporation." Himchan stated as he acknowledged Jin's presence by waving the bbq tongs. " where did that come from?" Kyana asked him. "Look around Kyana. Couples. We, single people are surrounded by you guys. " Himchan cringed. "You'll get your chance hyung." Jin said. "Sure. Whatever. " He rolled his eyes making Jin and Kyana laugh. 

Jungkook looked around as he entered the backyard and saw almost all of their friends. He looked at everyone who were having a good time when he saw JM looking at him. They locked their gazes at each other. It suddenly felt like time stopped for them and they were the only people there. JM was the first to snap and she softly smiled at him in which he awkwardly returned. He shifted around his place and went inside the house, out of her sight. 

"Stop it Jeon Jungkook." He scolded himself softly. He shook his head and turned around to look at JM once again. He watched her from inside the house through the glass doors and windows. She was swimming deep in the waters. He looked at her with such longing. 

"Jeon Jungkook." Someone said from behind. When he heard his name, he straightened up his shoulders and placed his now closed fists inside his jacket's pocket. He turned around and came face to face with Himchan. "Hyung." He stated shortly. Himchan also placed his hands inside his pants pockets and smiled sadly. 

"Feeling better?" Jungkook asked. "Still healing. But i'm fine." He answered. "Did she question that?" Jungkook asked referring to the bruise below his eye and to JM. He shrugged and touched the cut. "I told her it was nothing. She didn't ask further. " Jungkook looked at JM once again but saw that she wasn't inside the pool anymore, he figured that she wanted to rest for a bit and went back to Himchan.

"Did the other Noonas ask you about that night?" Jungkook asked after a short moment of silence. "They did." Himchan answered. "You told them why?" Jungkook asked. "No, not me. Haerin did." Jungkook widened his eyes and he looked at Himchan. "She told them everything. And she apologized for your behavior." He stated calmly. Jungkook looked away. 

"Look. I never wanted your sister to suffer..." After the night when Jungkook found out about everything, Himchan kept asking himself if he should tell Jungkook how he really felt or not. He wanted to say that he too, suffered as well and he never intended to let Haerin suffer in any way. And after much thought, he decided to be honest with him because he thought that he deserves to know what's going on. 

"Do you still love her?" Jungkook asked quietly. Himchan looked at his side profile and noticed the latter's knitted brows. "Yes, i still do. Even after 3 years, i still do." Himchan said. Jungkook kept silent and when Himchan was about to leave, he halted in his steps and turned around in shock. He stared at Jungkook because of his words. "Take my sister back and make her yours again. If not, then all of your JM's efforts will go to waste." Himchan nitted his brows and asked, "What do you mean JM's efforts?" Jungkook sighed and turned his back to Himchan. "JM broke up with me because of you and Haerin noona." After Jungkook had said those words, he left Himchan inside the house and went outside.

"Jungkook-ah!" V called from his seat. Jungkook raised a brow at V and the other girls beside him. "Yes?" He asked when he approached their seat. "Lai's looking for you. Sit." Ari pulled him down beside V who adjusted the laptop to face Jungkook. The latter smiled at the girl infront of him and waved. "Hi noona." "Hey kookie~ where have you been?" Lai asked. "Inside." He answered shortly, avoiding her eyes. "Oh. Can you give us a minute. I just need to talk to Jungkook for a while." Lai excused. The others nodded and started standing up, bidding goodbye to Lai. "Just call me when you're done." V patted Jungkook's shoulder and waved at Lai. She waved back and waited until there was only her and Jungkook. 

"You have earphones?" Lai asked. Jungkook nodded. "Plug them in." She instructed. He did as told and changed a few settings before asking, "Noona, Is something wrong?" She sighed. "Shouldn't i be the one asking that question? What happened when you were gone? You look worn out." She asked. He closed his eyes and covered half of his face in frustration. "Noona, It's nothing-" "It's something Jeon Jungkook. What happened? " she asked. He sighed. He knew that Lai could see through his lies and he was trying hard to keep then but he couldn't. "I punched Himchan hyung." He grunted, closing his eyes and scrunching his nose preparing for her loud voice. "You what?! Yah!" Lai shouted. "I'm sorry! I got mad." He quickly explained. "What made you so mad you had to punch him?" "He's my sister's first love. He's the reason why my sister almost died 3 years ago." He said, his voice returning to its normal tone. Her jaw dropped and her eyes widened as she stared at his serious and somewhat guilty expression. He felt guilty for having to punch a senior, not to mention a patient. "I got carried away with my angry and i gave him a punch. The others know about it too." "How?" "Some of them were there, visiting Himchan hyung...i only knew about it when i heard my sister talking to Yongguk hyung." Silence... "does JM know?" "I don't think so. I mean if she did, then i wouldn't be here in your house." He said. She remained silent and so did he. "I'll talk to you some other time. I have work today." She said when her phone beeped in the middle of their silent atmosphere. He nodded and called V over for them to talk. They bid each other goodbye then he stood up and left the couple alone. 


 

"Guys! Shower up, dinner's almost ready!" Jinnie shouted from the porch's door. Immediately, everyone outside started to move and rise from the pool. Jungkook walked over to the edge of the pool where JM stood. He offered his hand to her and she looked up at him, confused. He looked back with a sly smile. "What? Does this mean that i can't keep my manners? I'm being a gentleman." He said shaking his hand telling her to take it. "O-oh." She stuttered as she looked at his hand and took it. He offered another hand and helped her climb up the mini ladder. She let go of his hand and hugged her body, shivering. He took two big steps and took their towels before draping her pink towel to cover her shivering body. "Thanks." She muttered before carefully running inside. He too followed suite and took his bag before entering their shower room on the ground floor. 

~*~

"Dinner's ready! Hurry up." Everyone started to gather around the two dining tables beside the pool. JM and Jungkook entered the backyard last and so they took their seats at the end of the table, infront of each other. 

"Everyone, can i have your attention please?...i have something to say." JM said as she stood up from her seat. Everyone looked at her with either confused looks or curious eyes. The others kept quiet and stared at her blankly, like Jungkook. 

She took a deep breath before speaking up. "I would like to propose a toast.  To Bangtan oppadeul's comeback, BAP oppadeul's world tour, our graduation. A toast, to all of us. Cheers! " Everyone suddenly started smiling and clapping making JM smile back. They all raised their glasses and clanked their glasses with one another. They drank their drinks and raised them once again. But she didn't stop there. 

"In addition to that, i also want you all to know that...i'm leaving. To Europe. After graduation."