Chapter 3

Book II: The Forbidden Love

"W-What are you doing here?" I stuttered. Mark placed a hand to his chest and faked pain. "Ouch. Glad to see you too." "You know each other?" Jongup oppa asked. I looked at him and nodded. "He's a former senior at my school." "Class 2011. I majored in dance and choreography." he explained. "Why don't you sit down?" he asked. I looked at the seat beside him and slowly sat on the chair, moving it a few inches away from him. "Oh. by the way, I just happened to pass by. Jongup and i are in the same college." Mark explained.

 

"So, how've you been? You look you lost weight. I mean judging from the last time i saw you." he said, looking at me. "And when did that happen?" Zelo oppa asked. "a few months ago..." " a couple of years ago..." we both answered at the same time. "but you saw me a few months ago.." I told him. "i did? I guess i forgot.".he scratched the back of his head and shyly smiled at me. Ok, who is this guy? He doesn't seem like the same guy from 'a couple of years ago'. "Last time i remembered, you had chubby cheeks and medium length hair. You were plumped back then. But obviously, you don't look like the same person. " "You sound like you used to see her a lot back then." Jongup oppa said to Mark. "I did actually. " He faced me while i awkwardly looked away. "Do you want to order your drink?" Zelo oppa asked me. I nodded furiously while standing up and taking his hand to walk to the counter. I kept a close grip on him and made sure i wouldn't see that guy's face. " hey, slow down." Zelo oppa whispered. I sighed when we reached.

 

"You look nervous, scared and really uncomfortable. Why?" Zelo oppa asked as we searched through the glass case where the pastries were. "Let's just say i am not fond of the guy." i said, looking up at the menu. "Why?" he asked. "I won't tell you, you'll tease me." i said, stucking my tongue out at him. " Yah, i'm still older than you." he argued. "only by a year." i said. "Still." " Hold that thought. Excuse me, i'd like to have one Vanilla Latte Frappe with Chocolate syrup and one tuna sandwich." i ordered. I gave him my card before facing Zelo oppa.

 

"Long story short, he rejected me when i was in sophomore year." i explained. "it's all in the past now. So, whatever." i shrugged the thought. Though i have moved on about it, i still couldn't forget how it felt.

 

I stood behind the huge pillar waiting for Mark oppa to enter. I took one last look at my make-up and hair then went on patting on my clothes. Then i heard the door unlock. I smiled and took a peek. 'Aigoo. He's so handsome.' i thought to myself. I waited patiently until he passed all the signs and notes i sticked on places. He called out my name as instructed in the note and i came out.

 

I looked down at my shoes and slowly raised my head to look at him. He sighed. "You? Again?" he asked in an annoyed tone. I frowned. "i don't have to hear what you have to say." He said, waving a hand at me. Like i was some bug. I frowned more and looked down at my letter. He seemed to notice because he took it from me and read it.

 

" Do you really expect me to accept your confession?" He asked me, still looking at the letter. I stayed quiet. I felt my tears slowly building up and i tried shake them off. He laughed and fold the paper into a really small fold, then he handed it to me. I reached out to take it but he turned around instead and went to the candles. He squated down and burned it. This time, i couldn't hold back my tears. He then came back to me and placed the candle with the burning letter inside, in my hand before turning to leave.

 

"JM. Kim Jaemin. Yah." I turned to look at what he wants and he pointed to the tray with my order in it. "Oh, right. Let's go." i said before walking behind him to our table.

 

We kept on talking for about 15 minutes more before Mark's phone went off "i guess i have to take my leave then. Haha." he said, scratching the back of his head. "Work?" Jongup oppa asked. He nodded and stood up from his seat. He fist bumped with the two and waved at me before taking his leave. I looked at him as he walked to the door and across the street.

 

"So, how was school?"Jongup oppa asked as he faced me. I swayed my head side to side and chewed on my sandwich. "Fine, i guess. What's new anyway?" i asked shrugging my shoulders. "Last day of Finals JM. You're graduating in 2 weeks time. That's news." he said. He sipped on his Americano and looked at Zelo. " How 'bout you? What happened today?" " I recorded something with Yongguk hyung earliet. Took a few lessons from Choreographer hyung and yeah. That'e about it." He said thoroughly thinking through out the day.

 

" Oh, by the way. When are you leaving?" Zelo asked. " a week after graduation. 3 days before my flight, i'll be in Jeju... I think." i said. They raised their browa at me. " Jeju? With who?" they asked. They're probably shocked i have to travel alone. " i don't know. No one? Just me? I'll be asking things later when we head home. " i said, discarding my trash on the tray. " Then why don't we find out?" Jongup oppa said as he stood up. Both Zelo and i , soon stood up and left the place.

 


 

"Oh hey guys." Caeun opened the gate as Jongup, Zelo and JM greeted and went straight to the living room. "We're home!" JM announced as they removed their shoes and ran to the sofa. "Raeanne Eonnie! Where are you?" JM shouted. "I'm right here." The mentioned personalised announced from above the staircase. She removed her glasses and massaged her eyes as she went down the stairs and sit on the chair nearby. She removed her hair tie and brushed her hair away from her face.

 

"Noona, you look tired. Is something wrong?" Jongup asked Raeanne. She looked up and smiled softly. " Just some load of work that's been piling up. How've you guys been?" she asked. Zelo layed down and closed his eyes. " Noona, look at me. I think i'm sick. I'm so pale." Zelo complained. "Junhong, you're naturally pale. " Raeanne laughed. " And i'm skinnier now." The latter added. "You just stopped wearing baggy clothes. That's why you look different. See? I can still pinch your cheeks." She said scooting closer and squeezing Zelo's face. "Nurna. Strop." He said. She let go and pinched his nose. " Aigoo. You're still a kid." she laughed once again.

 

" Anyway, eonnie. About this..." JM brought out and envelope where her ticket and reservation details were. " Oh that. We just thought you need some alone and relaxation time. You know, away from all the stress and negative thoughts here in Seoul. You don't want it?" she asked. JM's eyes widened and she immediately denied it. " No, of course not. It's not that. I was just wondering why i'm going alone. Aren't you worried about me? I mean, it's me, Kim Jaemin, the clumsy baby of Playlist. You think i can travel alone?" She said in the nicest way. Caeun settled on the arm rest of Raeanne's chair and she looked down to smile and chuckle at JM. "Jaemin, you just act that way. We trust that you wouldn't get yourself into trouble or whatsoever. Besides, it's just Jeju. It's just like camping. Wouldn't it be nice to breath in the fresh clean air and listen to the quiet atmosphere for just three days? And besides, you're not alone." she said. The other girls and boys looked at her. "i mean God is with you, you know. To protect you." she laughed. "ok, i'm going to get us some food. Everyone, head to the theater room. We're watching disney tonight. No buts." JM and Kyana cheered upon hearing her choice. Immediately, they ran to the theater room leaving the others to calmly walk while talking to one another.

 

And just like that, another night has gone by.

 


The door to her balcony slowly slid open and close once the person has entered her room. The person silently walked his way to JM's sleeping figure and slowly, sat on the floor to face her.

 

"How can you still be this beautiful even when you're asleep?" Jungkook said. " Gosh, i wish i could just turn back time and pause when none of this drama ever happened. " He said. 

 

" I remember at this time of month last year, there was a meteor shower happening. I was out hicking at night but there were still people around. At that time, most of them were couples of all ages. There were the grandmas and grandpas, the aunts and uncles, the noonas and hyungs. There where even teenage couples blankly gazing at the starry sky. But there was this one family that caught my attention. The mom had her son lying on her lap and the dad was hugging their daughter on his lap. The parents were both singing 'when you wish upon a star' and it was the lyrics of the song that i really couldn't forget." he chuckled then sighed.

 

Then softly, he began to sing.

"When you wish upon a star

Makes no difference who you are

Anything your heart desires

Will come to you.

 

If your heart is in your dream

No request is too extreme

When you wish upon a star

As dreamers do.

 

Fate is kind

She brings to those who love

The sweet fulfillment of

Their secret longing

 

Like a bolt out of the blue

Suddenly, it comes to you

When you wish upon a star

Your dreams come true

 

When a star is born

They possess a gift or two.

One of them is this

They have the power to make a wish come true. "

 

he softly ended the song as he reached out slowly to hold and caress her hand. As he said the last word, he kissed her hand and brought it up to his cheek. He closed his eyes and let his tears fall. " JM, you know what i wished for that night? I wished that i'd be able to debut. I'd be able to see my parents be proud of me one day...i also wished that i could be with someone for a very very long time. To be able to love that person and be with that person, that was what my heart desired. You know what's funny about that? Because the very next day, i met you." He laughed. "Now that i think of it, my wish actually came true. Because every moment we spent together, it felt like there was eternity in love." He silenced.

 

"I came across the same thing the other night, but this time, i only wished for one thing. That was to have you back. Even if it meant that i would spend it for just a week or even a day, heck even for a second. I would take any chance." He sniffed and wiped his tears. "I miss you, Kim Jaemin. Gosh, I just love you so much i don't know what to do anymore. The way i feel about you...i don't think that will change." He said. He took out his phone when he felt the vibration of it in his pocket. He unlocked it and looked at the text message Jimin has sent him. 'Get inside Jungkook, We have practice tomorrow. You need to sleep.' It said. Jungkook sighed and kept it once again before turning to JM and giving her one long kiss on her temple and her hand. "Sweet dreams Jjagiya." He whispered. He finally let go of her hand and climbed his way back down, not forgetting to close her balcony's door.

 

JM stirred and clasped her hands together by her chest. She crouched her body and hugged herself even though the blanket was keeping her warm. She finally let out soft sobs and whispered, "I love you too Kookie, so so much."