Chapter 5

Book II: The Forbidden Love

Jungkook and JM walked hand in hand, through the hallway in complete silence. After what happened in her reserved room, they decided to start by taking a long stroll outside the hotel.

 

"So what will happen to us now?" she broke the silence that kept on lingering. He chuckled and shrugged his shoulders. "honestly, i don't know." she cam to a halt making him look at her. She pouted at him but nevertheless didn't let go of his hand. "Then why ask me to spend the next three days with you? You asked me to be together without even thinking of what should we do?" she scoffed. He gaped at her, never had he seen her this bratty at the same time cute. "Oh? You don't want to do nothing with me?" he asked in a joking yet serious tone. "what exactly is there to agree on? We have nothing to do." she narrowed her eyes at him. He kept silent while smiling at her before thinking of a comeback. "Who are you and what have you done to my jaemin?" he narrowed his eyes as well. She jokingly rolled her eyes and started walking again. " Miss, this is kidnapping. Where are you taking me?" He asked, allowing himself to be dragged by her. " if you have nothing planned, i think i have something up my sleeves." She said, laughing at his act. He smiled widely at her  and catched up to her speed. He then placed his arm on her shoulder and pulled her hand to place it on his waist. They looked at each other once again and laughed as they happily walked along the hallway.

 
 

"So did you ever find out if they did plan our trip to be the same?" she asked as they got out of the building to start their sunset stroll. "I called. But they immediately said 'sorry not sorry' then hung up. I called again then i gave them a long sermon and a bunch of questions. They probably figured out from the beginning that i was going to lecture them. Taehyung hyung was laughing and saying sorry i guess that's why i just shrugged it off. Jin hyung said it was a graduation gift and that i should just enjoy and do what i want for the next 3 days. 'what's the worst that can happen?' he said. So without even thinking twice, i ran to you. And here we are now." he explained, swaying their hands that were holding on to each other. She kept her stare as he told her his story and she smiled at some of the things that he said. " and you never wondered, how would i respond to your actions?" she asked looking forward. Then, it was his turn to look at her. "Nope." he said. She stopped on her tracks to look at him incredulously.

 

"Oh? And why is that?" she asked crossing her arms. "i knew, the moment i saw you at the airport, that you would somehow feel the same way. and i was right." He smiled widely. She smiled at him as well. Passerbys would probably think that they we're crazy for smiling too much and some would think that they're too sweet but for the two of them, it wouldn't matter, at all.

 

He tucked her hair behind her ears and opened his arms wide for her. Without hesitation she entered his arms and hugged him tight. He too, wrapped his arms around her tight as possible and snuggled up on her height. She was a head shorter so her height made her fit perfectly in his embrace, her ears perfectly matched the place where his heartbeat could be heard. She smiled at the fast beat of his heart and so she also snuggled up on his chest.

 

"It feels good to hug you like this again." She whispered. "I know. I wish we could stay like this forever." He whispered back. "I missed you, Kim Jaemin." He added, kissing the top of her head. "I missed you too." She laughed.

 

~*~

 

" Here, ah." she took a well done leaf wrap and took it infront of his lips. He turned his head her way and ate the wrap she made her. "Ah, delicious." he said after chewing on it. He hummed in delight as she watched him chewed with a smile. He looked up to see that she was still looking at him so he swallowed his food and drank before speaking.

 

"Why are you staring at me?" he asked. She sighed and drank as well. "I was just wondering, what will happen when we get back to Seoul?" she asked. He looked down at his food and briefly looked at her as he asked, "what do you want to happen?" she averted her eyes elsewhere to think.

 

"I don't want to stir anything up. Plus, you know how i am when it comes to decisions." she said. "you stick to them no matter what. I understand." he said, looking up and holding her hand. She closed her eyes then looked down. "I'm really sorry, for everything. I can't help but think of how selfish i've become." she sighed and finally looked up to his eyes. He caressed and brought her hand to his lips to kiss it. "We've been through this. It's not your fault you want your brother to be happy, i mean i would've thought about doing the same thing if i knew our situation." he tried comforting her. She just sighed once again and gave a small smile. "also, thank you, for comforting me." she said looking at his eyes. He gave her a smile as well and continued eating just to signal that the conversation about the issue was done.

 

Suddenly, he froze at the spot when she turned him around to hug him. His heart began to beat at a fast rate because of the sudden gesture. "What did i do to deserve you? Really... You're so kind and understanding. You're too loving and caring. Why are you so perfect? Gosh." She said when she let go of him to look at him in the eyes. Her compliments took him off-guard and he blushed wildly. He grew speechless and clueless of what to do next. "Y-yah, what's with the sudden praises? It's unlike you." he stuttered, showing no attempts of trying to hide his flustered state. "I just thought that within the period we were dating, i was mean to you. And it was only you who was mature and outspoken in our relationship. So i want to make up for all my wrong doings. Starting today and for the next 2 days, i will try my best to be the best person for you. I will become worthy for you." she honestly said. Oh how long has she wished for this moment to come. The moment where she could to tell him all this. Everything that she had reflected on for the past weeks, days. He continued to stare back at her, still blushing. Never has he been praised so much. So it was foreign to him. To be suddenly showered with compliments, was something he couldn't believe and accept. Because he only saw flaws of himself. Kim Jaemin...He smiled softly at her and muttered the words, "Thank you." before leaning in to kiss her hand, then her forehead.

 

They went on with their dinner, chatting and telling stories to each other, talking just about everything and anything they could think of. They laughed and smiled the night away, just like old times.

 

"Yah, where are we going?" JM asked Jungkook when he dragged her and slightly ran to an isolated alley. He stopped and faced her then leaned his back on the wall, holding both of her hands. He stretched both of their arms outwards, side by side and inch by inch. She knew what was up and she made no attempt to stop him. They locked their eyes with each other, and it felt like time froze for both of them. Only they were the ones moving. He looked at her lips and back at her eyes and smiled, whispering, "Jaemin..." She smiled back and reached up to let the side of his face lean on her palm. He closed his eyes and snuggled upon the warmth of her hand. Then she whispered, " I missed you, Jeon Jungkook." she closed her eyes and leaned in before he backed away and muttered "and I to you, Kim Jaemin." and in a blink of an eye, he leaned is as well and kissed her. She smiled upon feeling hiblips smile and his arms wrap around her waist. She held one side of his face and the other on the place between the neck and his collarbone. He slighty lifted her up making the space between them dissappear and her stand on her tippy toes.

 

 

It was a magical and a memorable day for both of them, the once thought of them, that this, would never happen again seemed to fade because it turned out to be not true. Although it was only for 3 days, they wanted to make the most of it. Spend every minute, every second, with each other and do what they longed for. Because after that, it was back to reality and that is them, getting seperated once again.

 

"Jaemin, when i asked you a while ago, about what do you want us to be.....?" He brought up as they walked and settled at a place to rest at the beach. "You want an honest answer?" she looked at him. He nodded and held her hand. "I want to be with you, but at the same time not break my decision. What will that make us?" she asked, letting him play with her fingers. He looked at the sea and said, " Do you....want to be friends, again?" The calm sea and the reflection of the moonlight made him avert his attention for a second, away from the thought. She chuckled and leaned her head on his shoulders. "Friends it is then." she answered.

 

"But....friends don't kiss each other on the lips." she teased, suppressing herself to burst out laughing. He glared at her and flicked her forehead. "Well we're different." he said. Then suddenly she blushed. "So are we, like, friends with benefits?" she asked in a soft and quiet voice. Then it was his turn to laugh. Only he couldn't suppress his laughter and ended up clutching his tummy from laughing. She grew flustered and embarrassed as she looked at his laughing state. "Y-yah, don't laugh. I was asking." she stuttered. She pushed him and looked at the sea, holding up her knees to her chest. When he was done, he sat up and placed an arm on her shoulder before bringing his lips to her cheek. "Oh my gosh, you're so cute. Hahaha. But seriously, if you want us to be." she looked at him with an eyebrow raised. He smiled smuggly and raised both eyebrows twice. "You're a ert, you know that." she narrowed her eyes at him. "Well who was the one who brought up the idea?" he asked, leaning in. She looked infront and once again, placed her head on his shoulder.

 

"I didn't mean it that way, Kim Jaemin. I meant that, yes, we can be friends but not like before that we were both shy and quiet about how we feel. Like something between friends and lovers. Not officially lovers but also more than friends. " he said, caressing her hair. "Oh, i see." she answered. "That's it? 'i see'? That's all you have to say?" he asked incredulously. They looked at each other then completely faced each other. " What was i supposed to say then?" she asked. "Somthing more than just 'i see'?" he said again. Then she stared at him for a while with sceptical eyes. " ok then, we'll be that, but will be kept a secret. and, lips to lips will be prohibited unless alone, Agree?" she said, stretching out her hand for him. He narrowed his eyes at her and hesitated. "just lips to lips?" he asked. " well of course everything else after that...stage." she said. He thought for a while before looking at her eyes again. She tilted her head and wiggled her hand, gesturing for him to shake it. "Ok, deal." he said, shaking hands with her. She smiled at him and he did too.

 

Then suddenly she was pulled and next thing she was on top of him. He quickly wrapped her arms around her waist while she placed both hands on either side of him. "What are you doing?" she asked shocked by how fast it happened. "Hugging you?" he told her. "Yeah but what, are you, doing?" she asked once again. "making the most out of our alone time." he said with a cheeky smile. She laughed and fell in his arms. He rolled them over making him on top then he leaned up and kissed her. From her forehead, to her eyes, her nose, her temples, her cheeks and her chin. "Promise me something first" he said.  "What is it?" she asked. "That only i will have this kind of relationship with you and that you will believe me when i say that you are the only one for me and that will not change." he said, looking at her eyes. She smiled and raised her hand. "I promise, Jeon Jungkook." she said. He smiled down at her and lastly kissed her on the lips.

 

And there it was again, no matter how many times he kissed her on the lips, it always felt the same. The fast beating of their hearts, the fast rush of blood to their cheeks and brains, making them block the whole world out. Because they were too immersed in their own world. The place where only the two of them mattered. Their very own world. 

 


2 months....it took me 2 months to finish a whole chcapter. not to mention, a short one. My apologies don't look sincere everytime i do apologize, but i swear, i am once again sorry for the late update. Most of you probably don't read it any more because i'm a slow updater(?) but i will understand if someone unsubscribes. To the ones who stick by me until today, Thank you. :)

And like last time,

Laters, Author.