Chapter 2

Book II: The Forbidden Love

 

"Yah. What do you mean you're leaving?" Kyana eonnie asked. "I decided to stay with Lai eonnie after graduation. It's just  for 5 months. And also...I'm going to try to look for a college there. If i find one, i might continue my schooling there." I said. I looked at everyone's faces...they don't look glad. "I have something to do, i'll take my leave first. Thank you for dinner. Excuse me." Jungkook said to Kyana eonnie beside him and silently left the table. Himchan oppa must've noticed because he held my tense hand and caressed it. I looked at him and he looked back at me. 'Go after him.' He whispered. I looked back at everyone but he tugged at me again. 'I'll take care of this. Go after him.' He whispered again. I glanced back at everyone once again before running after Jungkook.


"Jeon Jungkook! Yah! " i held his hand making him swing back at me. "What?" He shouted at me. My eyes widened at his sudden rise of tone. "Are you angry?" I asked. "Yes!" He stated shortly. He kept his stern glare at me but he didn't retreat his hand back. "Why? Why are you leaving? Why do you have to leave? Why won't you let me see you longer before you leave? Why do you have to leave me broken hearted? Why?" He shouted continously. I kept my gaze at his angry expression. He was crying. Angry tears. "I-I'm sorry.", was all i could say. "I just thought that it would be easier for us if we don't see each other. I mean look at everyone, they aren't comfortable with one another anymore because they're afraid that they would stir us up with our own feelings. I feel like i'm being selfish here. They can't treat each other the same way anymore because of us. I-I don't know about you....but don't you feel the same way?" I asked cautiously. I was too fed up because of my own feelings i never thought that what if he felt different about the situation. "I noticed. A lot of times. Why can't we just forget this ever happened and start again? Haerin noona has a boyfriend for pete's sake." He said. This time he held both of my hands and gripped it but not enough to hurt my hand. I looked at him, as he asks me to take us back.


"Jungkook, I want to do this for my brother. I want him, them, to be happy. For the past 18 years, Himchan oppa had done so much for me-" "so you gave us up? You gave me up?" He said. I closed my eyes and felt my tears fall down. Stop..please.. "Of all the things you could give and sacrifice Kim Jaemin. Why our relationship?" He asked me, crying as well. I fell on my knees and sobbed. It was too much. I feel so stupid for breaking up with him but i know i can't bring that back. "You know they still love each other. " i said to him. He went down at my height and brought my face to look at him. "We do too. You know that. We can just forget all this and start over, just say it. Because i am more than welcome to have you back. I don't want to end up like them. Please." He pleaded as he looked deep into my eyes. "Why are you so desperate?" I asked him. "Because Kim Jaemin, i still love you and i don't think that will change." He said, caressing my cheeks and wiping my tears.

"Jungkook, we've been through this. Don't you want yout sister to be happy? Think about her. They both have suffered too much. They both were on the verge of dying. Please. Don't be mad at me. I'm sorry but i have to do this. And besides, i don't want to ruin your career. You have a goal Jungkook, you have a dream. You as well, sacrificed and worked so hard to be where you are. Just, please, help me. This is the last favor i would ask of you." I pleaded. I am done with all of this suffering. I want him to be happy again. I want my brother to be happy. I want Haerin eonnie to be happy. Is it such a wrong thing to do? But you can't be happy yourself... My conscience tells me. I watched as he stood up and turned his back to me. " I'll count to three. If you still want to give us another chance and forget we ever broke up, hug me. If you don't, we'll end this thing once and for all." I felt fresh new tears building up and streaming down my face. "1.." Don't do this. "2.." Jungkook... "3.." Please, no. "Just so you know. Even if this thing ends, my feelings won't." then, he left.

 


 
"Ok people, settle down." Himchan stood up and shushed the others. "Oppa, what's happening?" Sohee asked. He sighed and explained. "She meant what she said. Our parents already approved. One one condition, and that is if she would agree to teach at K High when she returns. " he looked at the others. " what about her application at Woollim?" Kyana asked. He shook his head and shrugged his shoulders. "She didn't take it. She didn't sign the contract." He simply stated. "But she worked so hard for it. " Sohee said.  " Her decision is so out of the blue. Isn't she rushing things?" Jin asked. "She planned this forba while now. She couldn't tell anyone because she felt like it was a burden to you all, with this and with all the stuff that's happened between the two of them. " Himchan said.


"If that's what she wants, i guess we have no choice to let her be. Come on guys, we're her friends, her family. We should be supporting her. Besides, we have no say in this and she's with Lai. There's nothing to worry about." Raeanne spoke up. "Why are you all leaving? Seriously~" Jimin said in frustration. "Oh, i'm staying." Kyana said. "Yes, you are" Jin agreed, kissing her head.


At that exact moment, JM came back with swollen eyes and a red nose. Himchan quickly approached her. "Hey, did you cry?" He asked with knitted brows. Instead, she looked at him with a lifeless look and hugged him. "Oppa, promise me you'll be happy. Promise me things will work out for you." She mumbled. He nodded as he kissed her forehead softly. "I promise baby girl, i promise."

Now that he knows why everything happened, why JM broke up with Jungkook, why the latter punched him, that even after 3 years, his feelings for Haerin never left. To him, It was destiny. He gained determination, now all he needs is faith. Faith that things would go back the way they were 3 years ago, the time when He and Haerin were deeply in love with each other.

 


 
"Goodnight guys. Drive safely." Naerin waved at B.A.P. who went to their cars. They waved back and said thank you for the last time before driving off.

"Rin..." Kyana approached her. Naerin looked at Kyana with a questioning look and asked, "How is Jaemin?" Kyana sighed. "She's asleep, her eyes and nose were so red. Her lips were trembling. She cried so much....it hurts me seeing her like that all over again." They frowned at the thought of JM being so vulnerable once again. "Gosh. I just hope they would stop crying. At this point, they could be sent to the hospital.".Naerin said in frustration. She ran a hand through her hair and closed her eyes. Kyana patted her shoulder and they both went inside.

JM came out of her hiding spot and sat on the chair outside her balcony. She looked up dark but starry sky. 'That's why i'm leaving...in hopes that our crying would lessen and we could both move on with our lives.' She wrapped her fluffy warm robe around her more and thought of the last time she hung out her balcony like this.

It was the night after Jungkook confessed to JM. Backstage, where they performed Trouble maker's songs. How they looked at each other despite the sweat dripping. How they held each other. How they smiled at the realization that they liked each other. She could never forget that night. Because it was indeed, a night to never forget.

Her mind drifted off to Memories of them together when suddenly, Shooting stars started to appear. It caught JM's attention. She smiled softly and the beautiful view from above and watched as the 'stars' shoot out east. She held her hands together and closed her eyes.

"I wish that after this day, no more tears would be spilled. That Jungkook would stop hurting. That i, would stop hurting. I wish that even if we were miles away, he wouldn't forget what we had. I wish for him to sincerely smile again. Please. " She opened her eyes and felt her tears stream down once again. She took the tissue box beside her and looked front. She paused and slowly placed the box on her lap.

Jungkook stood at their balcony, that was exactly in front of JM's balcony. ' How long has he been standing there?' she thought. Jungkook was looking at her with sad, longing eyes. The same look everytime they would see each other. The same look they would share everyday. He looked away first and faced his back on her. She looked down at her phone in her hand and thought of talking to Jungkook but of course, she couldn't. Instead, she stood up and walked inside not forgetting to close the glass door of her balcony.
 

 
"The last exam is done!" Sohee cheered. Haru nodded and looked at JM who was looking down at her shoes as they walked to their room. "Hey, you ok? Was the last exam hard?" he asked. JM looked up and shooked her head no. She showed him a  smile instead. "Just tired, but i'm fine." she said. "Yah. I told you to stop packing at least just for this week. It's finals for pete's sake." Haru scolded. " Sorry oppa. I just have many to pack, so..." " You have more than 10 people willing to help you pack and you chose to pack everything by yourself. You are one independent kid." Haru sighed. Instead of making her reply, he ruffled her hair and patted it. "I'll be heading to my girlfriend now. See you two later." He waved at Sohee and JM.

"You know, you should at least enjoy the last few days with us. And i mean by us, i mean with Jungkook." Sohee said as they reached their lockers. JM stopped what she was doing and looked at Sohee. "You know i can't do that. It'll hurt us both." JM answered. "But wouldn't it hurt more if you both regret you didn't even spend the last days together? Answer me honestly. You know he would think the same way." Sohee said as she faced her friend. JM closed her locker's door and looked at her friend with a frown. "So, i can't do that. We already said goodbye to each other. There's no turning back. I have to stick to my decision, please understand."

"Ok, ok. Fine. Anyway, here." Sohee brought out an envelope from her bag and gave it to JM. "It's a plain ticket to Jeju. Our graduation gift for you. And...well, a farewell gift too. It's for three days. The last day is also your flight to Europe." Sohee smiled. JM couldn't contain her shock. She stared at the envelope then at her bestfriend. "Why aren't you going with me?" JM asked as they walked to. Sohee chuckled and waved her hand. "I can go there anytime i want. Plus, i can't leave Yoongi oppa here. He'll cry." "Yah, who will cry?" Suga approached them and went beside Sohee. "You oppa, you." Sohee poked his sides. JM smiled at the two and looked back at the envelope. She opened it and inside was indeed a plane ticket and her trip details to Jeju. Her reservation, her tour, the available activities at the resort. A complete vacation package.

"JM-ah, wanna have lunch?" Suga asked. She shook her head no and showed him her phone. "Zelo oppa texted. I'm having lunch with him and Jongup oppa before they leave for L.A.. I'll meet you guys at home." JM said. They bid each other goodbye and she waved at the two.  She watched them go to the  bus station before going to the café  in front of their school. There she saw Jongup waving at her, Zelo sitting beside him and another man in front of Zelo. She slowly approached their table and slowly turned to the other man. "Mark.." she whispered. "Long time no see." he smiled. 
 


Yes, i know. it's been so long. 3 I was supposed to post this during Christmas but it was too short. Soooooo

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!~ :) it's another year and i'm here with a new fic. :) well with the same characters and OCs. hihi. and also.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM TAEHYUNG!~ Gosh, i love this man so much it hurts. I want to cry everytime i think of reality that he's so far away and we're 3 years apart (i'm younger) and i don't think i can face him in person because i'm so scared of what he would react. It sounds crazy i know but, hey, he's also human. I mean it's possible that he'd be inlove with a fan right? (i'm dreaming...again.) don't mind that, that was crazy talk haha. anyway. i just wish he'd be healthy this 2015. Like seriously, i cry everytime i see him tired and exhausted. It pains my heart. This man. 

Kim Taehyung(oppa), please live a healthy life. Eat more, rest more. Limit your practicing. Just take care of your health, we ARMY's would really really appreciate that. And, your cover of 'someone like you', It was really lovely. Happy Birthday!. :)

- Author-nim