Chapter 7

Book II: The Forbidden Love

"I don't think i can do this. " she said as she peeked down on what was to come. "Don't worry. It'll be fun." i said while rubbing her arms. I looked at the man fixing my harness then he gave me a thumbs up. "Whenever you're ready." he said as he opened the gate.

 

"I'll be holding you the whole time. Just hold on to me tight." i said to her. She looked into my eyes then nodded. I wrapped my hands around her waist as she wrapped hers around my neck. "Don't hide your face, you have to see it when we fall. Trust me, okay?" i told her, kissing the top of her head as the man from earlier clicked our harnesses together.

 

"Jump in 3, 2, 1." As i tilt our bodies to the right and let gravity do its work, JM screamed loudly away from my ear. I looked from above her head and saw the world flipping upside down. "This is so cool!" i shouted. I started laughing at how good this felt while JM tightened her arms around my neck, laughing as well.

 

"Oh wow, that is beautiful." I heard her whisper, looking at the view opposite from mine. I turned my head and saw what was truly a beautiful sight.

 

The sun was slowly setting making the color of the sky a mixture of orange and pink. The clouds covering a little bit of the light making it look like light pink cotton candy. The once clear blue ocean is now showing a reflection of the beautiful sunset with the silhouette of the islands still to be seen at the sides. And as our bodies hung from the bridge, we spun around. It was like capturing a full 360 degree panoramic picture. It was all too beautiful it left us both speechless. This would definitely be one of my favourite life moments.

 

"If we go skydiving, I wouldn't mind passing through those clouds." I whispered to JM. "Me too." She said. I was still admiring the view when she suddenly pulled my neck and kissed my cheek. "I love you." She whispered to my ear. I smiled and looked at her. I leaned in and gave her one heck of a kiss before retreating and whispering, "I love you too."

~*~*~

 

"Can I see the list?" I asked JM beside me as we pedalled our boat. It's almost 6 but we decided to order take-out food and just eat on a boat. We thought it was time to make our wish 'to have a dinner date on water' come true so we rented one and set it on shore. I scanned through the list of activities the girls had prepared for us to do and saw that we had done everything already earlier this day.

 

After brunch, we went back to the hotel to pack a few things and wore our swimming attires underneath our casual clothes. Then we went straight to the activity area of thw resort. We went swimming, jet skiing, scuba diving, cliff diving, and all those crazy stuff where we were just attached to something and tied at the end of the speed boat. It was a lot but we managed to do everything in 4 hours or so. We then went to thw hotel, got cleaned up and left once again to do our last activities which were Bungee jumping and biking. After all that, we were to famished to argue what restaurant to enter so we just bought whatever was near and bought take-out, since it was already full inside.

 

As we walked on the beach, we started talking about our old list of things to do on our supposedly future dates and other things we wanted to do as a couple. Since we agreed to be a full-on couple for three days, I thought 'why not do one of those now?'. And that was what led us to this very moment.

 

"It's amazing how we finished every water park activity listed there in only 4 hours. That is a personal record for me. I don't even feel like passing out the bed." She said as she ate a piece of sushi while looking at the dark sky. "Yeah, that makes two of us. Speaking of, since we finished all these today, what are we going to do tomorrow?" I asked. Sh shrugged her shoulders and asked me. "What do you want to do tomorrow?" "Honestly though, it wasn't only the girls who had made arrangements for this trip." I said. She looked at me with a confused look and curious eyes.

 

"The hyungs made reservations as well. They bought the necessary passes and tickets for these places." I told her as I took out my phone and showed her a list on my phone. It contained of texts the hyungs sent me yesterday and earlier this morning. Apparently, Namjoon hyung and Suga hyung got us assistance and i mean money assistance to a variety of designer clothing brands. Jin hyung reserved two VIP seats for this concert we don't know about yet but he proclaimed to be to our liking. V hyung and Jimin hyung got us passes to the Trick Art Museum and a ride to Hyeopjae beach. So far that was what I had recieved. I have zero idea of what Hoseok hyung had in store but they gave me hints from the previous messages. I just don't know what they were trying to say.

 

"How long do you think they planned all this?" she asked. "Obviously the guys didn't have time to do their research cause we're busy with our follow up song." I said, reaching out some fries to feed her. "The other eonnies are also busy with work and college. I can't believe they would do something like this for us." She said, smiling at the thought. I was lost in awe at her. The moonlight reflected on the water making it look like it sparkles. The soft wind blowing on us and her hair slightly being messed up. She had no time to put make up nor do her hair but she looked stunning as always. I'd hate to lose her all over again. I raised my hand and tucked her bangs behind her ear, making her look at me as well. She looked at me in the eyes and smiled.

 

"Why are you staring at me?" she laughed softly. I sighed and kept on brushing her hair, only to stop at her cheek and rub her cheekbones with my thumb. "I was just thinking." I said. She raised a curious brow and asked, "About what? Is something bothering you?" "No. I'd just hate to let go of you again. After this, when we get to Seoul, you'll leave for Paris right away." I sighed. "What are you going to do there anyway? Summer just started. You can cancel and spend another month with us." I said, tilting my head at her. She momentarily looked at the sea then back at me with unreadable expression. "Big hit actually offered me a 3 year contract." she said. I widened my eyes at what she said. "I only told my family about this, but I accepted their offer. That's why I'll be starting my training to be a model, in Paris. Then college in London. " she said.  She slowly looked up at my reaction and was confused. My mouth was left hanging but I was still smiling. I was speechless but I was still smiling widely at her.

 

"You got casted to Big Hit!" I finally said, holding both of her hands and shaking them excitedly. She raised a brow at me. "You're not mad I didn't tell you earlier?" She asked cautiously. I shook my head no and cupped her face. "Are you kidding me? I'm excited! You got into our company!" I gave her a tight hug. She laughed a little and hugged me back. "Sorry for not telling you the truth earlier. I didn't know how I should tell you guys. I was scared of how you would react." She said, hugging me closer. I kissed her cheek and rocked her side by side. "Whether I'm your boyfriend or not, I'd still be happy and excited for you. Don't ever think I won't be happy for the good things happening in your life." I told her. I felt her shy smile against my cheek and she buried her head on the crook of my neck. "Your so lovable, Jeon Jungkook." she whispered. I smiled and replied, "That I am, Kim Jaemin."

 

After spending more time on shore, the wind that blew became colder and so we returned the boat to the care taker and decided to head town. As we were walking on the open streets of Jeju, we saw a people crowding over at one corner. Music could be heard somewhere from the crowd. I nudged JM and pointed at the crowd. "You want to check that out?" I asked. "Sure, why not." she shrugged and held my hand so we could cross the street and walk to the crowd. As we walked closer, I could finally make what they we're doing. Someone was having a street dance battle and the crowd was watching. I suddenly got excited and so did JM, so we pushed ourselves to the center until we were in front. I gaped in awe when I saw a group of guys b-boying against some girls.

 

"The guys are obviously winning this." I whispered to JM. I peeked at her and stopped when I saw her gaping at me with an offended look. "We just got here. How can you tell?" she asked me with a bewildered look. I looked at her confusingly. "And you're offended because?" I asked. "Duh, I'm a girl. and a dancer in case you forgot." she scoffed. I faked a shock and looked at her. "Oh right." I said. I can instantly feel her rising annoyance for me and competitiveness. "You wanna bet?" she asked. "Sure, why not." I repeated what she had said earlier. I smirked at her and so did she. I walked to the other side of the crowd where the guys where. I saw her exchange a few words to the girls competing who were currently on standby as the guys took the stage. The song soon came to an end the crowd clapped and howled.

 

Then suddenly, JM made a slide to the center then an abrupt stop making the guys turn to her. 'Food fight!' I tapped on one of the guys and asked if I could join in their battle. "I just have to compete with that girl." I pointed at JM who was in the middle. "You're Jungkook from BTS." The guy said with wide eyes. I nodded and smiled. "I'm a fan. All of us are." he said referring to the rest of his crew. "I didn't know we had fans here in Jeju." I said. I recognized that Block B's Very Good was now playing and I grew excited. "So can I join? just for one battle." I asked. He immediately nodded and said, "Of course. It would be an honor." I smiled and bowed at him. "Thanks." I said. I watched as the girls were off to a good start. The crowed joined as they clapped to the beat as well. I was smiling the whole time, I didn't know why until she looked into my eyes. We were dancing together, just like the old days.

 

I waited for them to reach to the of the chorus where they did freestyle choreography. " Not bad." I whispered to myself. I watched them, enjoying their performance because they were so in sync with each other and the song. They did some wacking for the beginning of the chorus and some spins. When they got to the second half, JM and another girl moved forward and suddenly went down to do some b-boying. When it came to the first verse, it was our turn to enter the stage. I started to ride with the beat as i played tricks with my cap, not revealing my face to the crowd, yet.

 

I went on dancing and playing tricks at the same time. I was playfully dancing with the other guys and they were teasing the girls. I looked at JM in the eyes and smiled just to get on her nerves. I blew her a kiss and threw my cap at her direction, the same time Zico's rap ended. The people gasped and some stood there staring at me closely. In sync, we marched away from each other and close to the audience. Then we danced at the same time moving sideways. 'Getcha getcha yaya~. here getcha getcha yaya~ Get on.' we did as the original steps were then charmingly did some body waves in front of the people. We raised our hands in the air and calmingly walked backwards to the middle, where the girls had made room for us to dance. Then we kicked forward, one foot at a time then paused. 'What?' we did our own choreography and also some mad footwork. We just went on dancing and doing some fast movement with our feet. The crowd seemed to enjoy it when they made some cheering. She laughed in surprise when I  did the famous scorpion trick then U-kwon's part came up. We walked towards the girls in a popping manner. And then we mimicked the wacking mixed with the original choreography then halt.

 

We gave them the room as they danced more carefree and y this time. The guys whistled as the girls walked towards the center and continued with their y acts, then suddenly they wiggled their finger, as if they we're calling us to come closer and we did. One guy for every girl and well of course, who else would be calling me? We stood there, watching as they moved individually around us, gliding their hands and tracing their fingers on parts of our arms and chest. Ok, this is . But when P.O.'s part came they all slowly backed us away to our group. They stood in one line and swiftly brushed their hands over their hair to their neck and again. They stopped, stood still and acted with only their hands. They all did a cute pose but quickly replaced them with grins, lip bites and smirks and some more aggressive dancing. When the verse was ending, they glided their feet, one foot over the other and did a slow turn. ' I'm very very good. Are you ready?' As the next line came, they all did the original choreography, only that they we're spreading towards the crowd. Then they turned and walked towards us, the way that we did towards them earlier. I laughed as JM approached me, pulling on some funny expressions with every pause she made. And together, we faced the crowd in all directions and walked towards them in the same manner as the song came to and end and we did a bow. They clapped and howled as the two groups continued to bow. I turned to JM and smiled as her as she flashed me a wide happy smile.

 
 

"That was so fun! I haven't had so much fun since last year. Gosh. I will never get tired of dancing." JM said excitedly when we left the scene and continued to walk around. "Oh, here." She took of my cap and wore it on me instead. I slightly bowed my head to her then fixed my cap so it could cover my face. I reached out my arm and wore her hood over her head. "There. It must be pretty breezy." I told her, patting her head. She smiled and shook her head no. "I'm fine. I warmed up a bit because of that dance battle." she said. I nodded and held her hand once again. She quickly shook it off then looked around. I followed her actions, completely confused. "Why?" I asked a little hurt at what she did. "They saw you without your cap, what if someone followed you and is spying on you?" she said in a low voice. Ah, right.

 

When fans found out that V hyung, Suga hyung and Jin hyung were in a relationship, word got around that I had a girlfriend days before we debuted. Some fans also knew about JM's identity and the other girls as well. Luckily, no fans tried to hurt or hate them. Although a lot of the girls envied them. Anyway, after every comeback, the number of fans increased. And so the company vised us that we keep a low profile about our dating lives and all that. 'Better to be safe than sorry.' Our manager said, and I quote. "We broke up for like 10 months. No one will know." I told her.

 

"You kept track." she said after giving me a long and silent stare. "Well yeah." I said, scratching the back of my head. "Don't you?" I asked in a quiet voice. She looked at the ground, holding her hand over the other. "I, I did. But after the 6th month, I stopped. I was hurting so much at that time, Raeanne eonnie helped me to channel my pain or focus elsewhere. Since then, I lost track of days of how long it's been. When they saw me smiling again, they thought I had moved on and had forgot about it but I didn't. I couldn't." She said. "I even cried so much when i saw you having fun during Rookie king." i heard her mutter. "Hey, i was like you. I tried to put my mind on different things." I reasoned making us smile softly at each other.

 

Out of the blue, i took her in my arms and wrapped them around her shoulders while her arms wrapped around the area just below my chest. "I'm sorry. For the pain you felt all this time. If only there was another way-" "Shh. It's ok. How many times i've told you that? You know, after what happened yesterday. I finally, completely and honestly understood what you were trying to accomplish." I said softly by her hear. She snuggled up close and asked, "What was i trying to accomplish then?"

 

"Knowing that Haerin noona is in a relationship and it was Himchan hyung who broke up with her, you still wanted them to be together because you knew that what they had was real love. And what they have can never be replaced by anyone or anything." i said. "No matter how much you want to change how you feel or how much you want to forget it, you just couldn't and it hurts to the point that you just want to dissappear. " She muttered again. I pulled back and looked at her, shocked. "How'd you know i was going to say that?" i asked. She looked me in the eye and saw tears fall from her eyes. "That's how i felt when i imagined it was us two in their situation. I realised at that moment, i didn't want my brother to feel that way anymore. It's a very sad and painful path. They suffered 3 years of it, and i don't want him to feel that way anymore, ever again."