Chapter 15

No Other, Besides You..

CHAPTER 15

A month went away ever so quickly for Jonghyun. Every single day he wished that he wouldn’t wake up from his dream, where he was with Kibum and their daughter…They are living happily together, away from everything. Just the three of them living their life peacefully with no Jessica, no threat, no more heartbreaking cry and their laughter was the only thing that fills the entire house.

And every single time he woke up, he desperately wished that his dream will come true.

The only thing that keeping him alive until today was his baby’s picture that Jinki would sent secretly without anyone knowing and Jonghyun would smile like an idiot every time he looked at her pretty face.  She was just like him, gifted with a pair of puppy eyes that Kibum loves so much. He secretly hopes that Kibum would remember him every time the younger looked at their daughter.

It was hard living day by day, knowing that his baby girl and his Bummie will have someone new to replace him. He didn’t know how to deal with that. Kibum and their baby girl is the only thing that kept him from breaking down after their awful separation and now they are getting further away from him. How will he continue to live after this? He, himself didn’t even have the answer of that question.

“-hyun…Jonghyun?”

It was as if, Jonghyun lived in another world and he is being out from it forcefully.

“Are you okay?” Jinki asked worriedly

What happen? Why am I here?

 “I’m sorry…I shouldn’t have to bring this to you…” Jinki continued as he pointed at a piece of card that broke Jonghyun’s heart into thousand…no scratch that…make it, into million pieces.

Yeah, why did you?

Jonghyun still unable to utter anything since Jinki brought him an invitation card. Yes, it was Kibum’s wedding invitation. It was fine by him if his name was the one written besides Kibum’s, but it’s not his name. It was someone else’s, by the name of Nam Woohyun.

And it was as if his eyes are playing tricks on him. The wedding date is tomorrow. It should be a month from now. The card is lying.

A month has passed, Jonghyun.

“Jonghyun, please don’t cry” Jinki weakly uttered as the tears are now running along the younger pale cheeks shamelessly.

Jonghyun didn’t even know when he started to cry. All he could feel is the numbness spreading through his whole body, as if he is going to get paralyzed soon.

His pale lips are moving but no words coming through it. He wanted to scream but no sound comes through his throat. He really wished that someone would take a gun and shoot him, right through his hurting heart. He wished nothing but to die.

What will happen to him after this? No one knows the answer, including Jonghyun, himself. He thought he’ll be okay as long as Kibum and their daughter is save, but his heart is hurting so much that he couldn’t even lie and say that he is not hurting.

All he wanted right now is to sleep and never wake up again. He wanted to at least dream to have Kibum and their daughter with him, even the reality is far from that.

“Jonghyun…I’m so sorry. I tried to stop him, but…” Jinki who is now crying, didn’t know how to comfort the younger, because he know everything that he said won’t affect the younger.

“H-hyung…I’m tired. I want to rest” was all Jonghyun said, before walking away from Jinki.

---

Kibum starred at the wedding invitation soullessly, he couldn’t lie to himself. He couldn’t bring himself to get excited for the wedding tomorrow. Of course all the preparation is done, but all he could think at this moment is Jonghyun. He misses the older so much that he felt sorry towards Woohyun. Even though the latter is right beside him, all he could ever think is Jonghyun. Kibum didn’t know if this marriage would change his feeling towards Woohyun, but he hope so.

Kibum’s little train of thought, suddenly disturbed by his little girl loud cries, as if knowing his distress. Kibum instantly wraps his hands around his baby to calm the little one.

“Shh…Baby, Umma is here.” Kibum whispered soothingly.

As if on cue, his little girl instantly sails into her dream world as she made sure that her mother was there with her.  She was so little yet so intelligent.

Minjung is only one month old, but she already knows how to differentiate people. She knows perfectly who exactly her mother is; A month has gone with Minjung constantly whines whenever she didn’t feel her mother close to her. Yeon U always said that Kibum will have a hard time to raise his little girl, seeing how she refuses Woohyun whenever the latter try to hold her.

Kibum didn’t know the real reason, why his princess kept behaving like that towards Woohyun, but he had a hunch that his little girl didn’t like the fact that Woohyun will be her new father. Kibum, of course felt bad towards Woohyun, how could he not? When his daughter only cry when Woohyun try to approach her. She didn’t cry if it was anyone else tried to hold her. Kibum couldn’t help it, all he could do is send an apologetic look to Woohyun, whenever that happen. He couldn’t even blame his daughter. She is only one month old, what kind of mother would he be, if he snapped at his little girl because of that.

He wouldn’t do that even if his princess wasn’t a toddler anymore. Woohyun is not his priority but Minjung is. Woohyun need to understand that Minjung was part of him for 9 months, no way in hell, he would snap at his daughter because she didn’t like Woohyun. If his daughter didn’t approve this marriage, he would gladly cancel it…but unfortunately, his daughter couldn’t voice out her objection just yet.

 

Onew, being on Jonghyun side he is, wanted to shower the little princess with kisses for acting like that towards Woohyun. He couldn’t ask for more. He was laughing ever so hysterically behind Woohyun back, earning a slap from Taemin. The older is being disrespectful towards Woohyun. Even though, he wasn’t a fan of Woohyun, but he would pretend to like the older because of humanity. His brother had to be such jerk towards Woohyun whenever the latter stops by.

Kibum could only roll his eyes at his cousin childish act. He knew that Jinki didn’t like the fact that he is getting married to Woohyun, but he didn’t have to hate the latter. He wasn’t at fault. The one who allow this marriage is Kibum, himself…So why would Jinki hate Woohyun for that? It’s was a mystery to Kibum.

Knock…Knock

“Come in” Kibum simply said, obviously didn’t even curious about the intruder.

The intruder slowly opened the door, showing only his head to Kibum.

“What is it, Jinki Hyung?” Kibum knew it was Jinki all along and he knew what the older would want to say.

“If you want me to cancel the wedding, just forget it. I don’t even want to hear your reasons. It’s too late, Hyung.” Kibum continued as Jinki invited himself into his room.

“Come on, Bummie…It’s never too late. You haven’t exchange the vow in front of god yet, You still have time to cancel this meaningless wedding” Jinki stared right into Kibum’s feline eyes, hoping the younger could see the sincerity of his words. Jinki knew this wedding will do nothing good to Kibum and Minjung.

“It would break Woohyun heart, all the preparation has been done. I don’t have any right to broke him when all he did was nothing but to make me happy” Kibum sighed while patting his daughter’s little to keep her from waking up, whenever she make a little movement.

“He tried to make you happy, but he didn’t, Bummie. I know you and don’t give me that ‘I will love him after marriage’ , because I know you won’t love him. Not when Minjung , without doubt is reminding you of Jonghyun.” Jinki snapped.

“Stop mentioning his name!” Kibum also snapped but he still controls his voice, so that his little girl’s deep slumber isn’t disturbed. He hated when Jinki words always make sense. He hated when Jinki is right. He hated it so damn much.

“Please, Bummie.  I just don’t want you regret your decision later. Please just once, believe me. You would regret it so damn much if you continue this wedding. Listen to me, Bummie…Please.” Jinki couldn’t care less about how pathetic he acted right now, he just wanted to make Kibum see the effect of his decision later on. This isn’t about Jonghyun only, but it’s about Kibum and Minjung also.

Jinki know, Kibum wouldn’t be happy with Woohyun. Not when Kibum’s heart is still with Jonghyun. Minjung obviously didn’t like Woohyun and Jonghyun is being punished for the things that weren’t his fault.

“Hyung, I might regret this, but I know Woohyun will love me the way I wanted Jonghyun to. I want to stop loving someone who doesn’t even worth it.” Kibum stated firmly.

“Don’t…Don’t you even dare to talk about Jonghyun like that. You know nothing Bummie, nothing at all, so stop talking like that. Don’t make me say something I don’t want.” Jinki warns in low murderous tone, before taking his steps towards the door.

This shut Kibum up, Jinki, his cousin was backing Jonghyun up? And not to mention the tone he use just now. Jinki never used that kind of tone to him, so why now?

“You ask for this, Bummie…I warned you” Jinki said but a little gentle than a moment ago, before disappearing to god knows where.

---

Today came faster than what Jonghyun had hope to. He wished that today wouldn’t come. He wished that he wouldn’t wake up forever. He wished that he stops breathing. He wished to be dead so he wouldn’t feel his hurting heart.

6.45 a.m

2 Hours and 15 Minutes

Jonghyun didn’t sleep all night, all he did was crying his eyes out and now his tears aren’t coming out anymore. His head is hurting, but it couldn’t be compared to what his heart had been through.

He promised he would be fine as long as Kibum and their princess are safe, but he has failed miserably. The thought of Kibum is marrying and kissing someone else is playing in his mind like a broken record.

“God, please take me now…It hurts” Jonghyun’s tears once again wetting his cheeks as he blurted out those words.

---

Minjung’s loud cry instantly wakes Kibum up. He took a glance towards the clock besides his bed.

6.45 a.m

It still early for his daughter to wake up, the wedding is 2 hours away. Minjung usually didn’t wake up this early. Why today?

Kibum slowly scoop his daughter and put her into his warm hug while bouncing her gently to put her into sleep once again, but she didn’t stop crying which worried Kibum.

“Bummie…Why did Minnie is up this early?” Kibum didn’t know when his mother invites herself into his room because he was too occupied with his baby to notice.

“I don’t know…She suddenly cry and didn’t even stop even when she was in my arms. Is she sick, Mom? What should I do?” Kibum panicked at the thought of his daughter could be sick

“Hmm…Let me see” Yeon U took Minjung from Kibum to make sure she’s alright.

“There’s nothing wrong with her. She’s fine” Yeon U said after checking on certain area of her body.

Kibum once again took his daughter back into his arm, patting her like always. Hoping that she would stops crying.

---

8.00 a.m

Jonghyun stared at the clock soullessly while hoping that his clock was broken.

“Jonghyun?” said Taeyeon as she didn’t see the certain cashier in her café, which usually he would be there earlier than others.

She wanted to ask what’s wrong with him, but stops halfway as she saw the invitation card. Suddenly she didn’t have to ask anymore. Without uttering anything, Taeyeon approached the sitting man and wraps her hands around the latter. Hoping it would reduce his suffering, but of course, who was she kidding? A hug won’t change anything.

“Jonghyun, please…Don’t lose hope just yet. Let’s go and explain everything to him.” Taeyeon suggested, she couldn’t bear to see Jonghyun so weak and broken like this.

“No…His life is the stake here. I wanted to see him…One last time, before I disappear from his life…Can I?” Jonghyun weakly uttered, even he was broken, he still cared about Kibum.

“Of course, you can...But I’m coming with you. You’re not going anywhere alone in this state” Taeyeon is afraid that Jonghyun would do something foolish along the way to the wedding.

Jonghyun replied it with a small smile and nods weakly.

---

Kibum didn’t know what is wrong with his daughter today, she didn’t even gave him a chance to go to toilet and not to mention the headache she gave him, because she didn’t want anyone else to hold her. Only Kibum is allowed to hold her.

He already wear the tuxedo, but he didn’t have any chance to put make ups on, because of Minjung. It looks like Minjung will be in arms when he’s walking on the isle in half an hour.

Kibum is feeding her daughter when a faint knock was heard against the door.

“Come in” Kibum said as he waited for the intruder to enter.

 As the said person showed his face, Kibum instantly felt his heart stop beating. Is this some kind of joke? Is that really him? He looked so different. He looked like he’s sick.

“Hello, Kibum” that voice has never failed to make his heart skip a beat.

“What do you want?” Kibum asked rather cold. His heart is telling him to jump into Jonghyun arms and never let him go again, but his pride wins.

“C-can I hold her?” Jonghyun didn’t mean to intrude, but he wanted to at least take a look at Kibum and his daughter, before he completely lose them.

“As much as I want to…She hasn’t been good today, she didn’t want to go to anyone…except me.” Kibum curtly stated.

“Please…for a last time. If she cries, I promise I’d give her back to you that instant.” Jonghyun begged, it doesn’t matter if he looks pathetic. All he wanted is to look at his daughter in real life not from picture.

Kibum stared at Jonghyun’s gloomy eyes before handed him the sleeping baby. At first, Kibum wanted to chase Jonghyun out, but the Jonghyun he saw the last time is not the same as Jonghyun that is standing in front of him right now. Something told him that the older has been neglecting his food. He looked sick.

It surprised Kibum when his baby girl didn’t cry as she was placed into Jonghyun’s arm. She instead, opened her eyes to look at Jonghyun while smiling, which surprised Kibum for the second time in the 5 minutes.

“My baby girl…Look at you, so pretty” Jonghyun eyes never leave his daughter as he uttered those words.

Kibum couldn’t help but to tear up at the sight in front of him. If only Jonghyun didn’t choose Jessica before, they would be the happiest family in the history. If only Jonghyun choose him over Jessica, he wouldn’t be standing like this in tuxedo waiting to marry someone he didn’t love.

“Bummie…It’s time”

Their little moment was interrupted by the knocking on his door and his mother’s voice.

Kibum instantly take his daughter away from Jonghyun and another surprise to him, when his daughter cried ever so desperately, obviously wanted to go back to previous person that holds her.

Kibum ignore the crying baby and started to make his way to the door, when Jonghyun voice stops him.

“Kibum…Thank you for appearing in my life. I wouldn’t ask for anything else. Just be happy always and thank you for naming our daughter with the name that I choose. Goodbye Kibum” Jonghyun uttered the words lacing with sincerity. He had seen them and he is more than happy right now.

Kibum didn’t bother to reply or turning back to look at Jonghyun. He just continued his way out of the room with the tears streaming down to his cheeks.

---

Kibum entered the wedding hall with his baby in his arms along with a song that usually played when a bride is walking down on aisle. Woohyun was waiting for him in front of the priest while smiling widely at him. Kibum couldn’t bring the excitement of getting married. His mind was occupied by the man he just met just now, a man that took his heart since he was a kid.

Kibum didn’t know when did he arrive in front of the priest, but here he was standing in front of god to exchange vows with a man that he didn’t love.

“If anyone is against this marriage speak now, or forever holds your words” the priest stated and Kibum silently wished that Jonghyun would be there among the crowd and say that he was against this marriage.

“I, Jessica Jung is against this marriage!”

Loud gasp came from everyone that was there to witness the marriage as Jessica spoke.

“Jessica?” Kibum called out the girl that is against this marriage.

“Kibum, don’t marry him…he don’t deserve it” Jessica stated, which caused confusion to everyone.

“Shut it, Jessica!” Woohyun snapped.

“You know her? How did you know her?” Kibum asked, obviously puzzled on why would Woohyun know Jonghyun’s girlfriend.

“Enough of this Woohyun, you’re destroying a family. Even the child knows, you aren’t a good person.” Jessica blurted out.

“What is this Woohyun? Jessica? Tell me the truth…I don’t understand” Kibum slowly backs away from Woohyun, seeing him as a threat.

“Kibum…Jonghyun didn’t broke your heart. I force him to do it. He said all those harsh things to you, was to protect you from being killed by me. I wanted to revenge him for dumping me, but he lived his life just like a living corpse after he hurt you. He blamed himself. Only then I know how much he loved you. Woohyun planned all this to get you. I wanted to stop him, but he threatens me, saying that he will kill you and your daughter if I tell the truth. I’m sorry, Kibum. Jonghyun didn’t leave you to be with me, but to protect you from any harm.” Jessica’s sudden confession struck Kibum like a lightening.

Jonghyun loves him. Jonghyun lied to protect him. Jonghyun sacrifice himself to ensure his safety.

“H-how could you do this to me…I trusted you!” Kibum shouted while crying like the world will ends tomorrow.

“She lied” Woohyun simply said, he didn’t even feel sorry of his shameful act.

Kibum stared at Woohyun disbelievingly. How can he still lie after all this? Kibum throw a disgust glare towards Woohyun and approached him. In a blink of eye, Kibum left hands swiftly lands on Woohyun cheek, hard.

“You really disgust me. I regret the moment I came to know you.” Kibum spat.

Woohyun wanted to punch Kibum, but it was stopped by two policemen that just arrived.

“Do you think, Jonghyun will come back to you? Think again Kibum. If I can’t have you, no one else can!” Woohyun shouted as the police drag him away.

“Where is Jonghyun?” Kibum asked. He needs the older to be alright. Woohyun’s warning did effect him. He needs to see Jonghyun.

---

After a little chat with Kibum, Jonghyun couldn’t bring himself to watch the wedding. His aching heart, once again bled and all he wanted to do is sleep and never woke up again. He walked around the city aimlessly without caring the world around him.

That was it when he decided to cross the road, without looking to his right and left, he walked straight to the road.

Beep…Beep

CRASH!

“JONGHYUN!!!” Shouted Taeyeon as she saw Jonghyun’s body lifelessly lied on top of the car.

≈≈≈▪▪≈≈≈

A/N : Hello Guys..

I'm Back..but not really,my lappy still can't be used..

I wanted to update this story so much that i had to beg to my brother to lend his lappy ^^

and i'm glad i did it..

SO cliff hanger..hahaha

sorry i wanted to continue, but i'm a bit tired..

i really hope my lappy will be repaired soon..

enjoy the chapter..

excuse my grammar mistake, i was too tired to check it,

and FYI this story will end soon..

maybe another one chapter..T_T

I'm Sorry I took this Long to update..

See You In the Last Chapter..

BYe..

Please leave a comment before u leave ^^

Thank you guys..