Chapter 8 : Mixed Feelings

I've Met My Angel

8.00 a.m.

Ji Hyo just woke up from her long sleep… As she’s opens her eyes, she’s surprised…. Where is she right now??

Oh? This… this is not my room… Where am I now?? What if… Is someone kidnapped me?? Andwe!!

At that moment, Jong Kook coincidently walk along to the guest room and realized that Ji Hyo has woken up….

“Ji Hyo-shi…. Good morning!!” Jong Kook said cheerfully…

“Yah!!! Why am I right here right now!?! Are you trying to kidnap me?” Ji Hyo shouted.

Jong Kook felt so surprised to hear that loud voice of Ji Hyo’s… Lizzy is even shocked more to hear her accusing her brother like that…

Lizzy quickly get her brother to know what is actually happen… As they talk to each other, Ji Hyo herself is like… lying quietly on the bed and looks really scared that she would be harmed…

“Ji Hyo-shi… Why do you look so scared?? It’s me, Kim Jong Kook…”, Jong Kook tried to calm her… Then, he signaled Lizzy to ease her… “Unnie… you’re in our house… You’re not harmed or whatsoever… Do you remember about last night’s incident?? Your leg is hurt… and you’re sleeping when you and my oppa getting home together, so we brought you here instead since we don’t know your house’s passcode…” Lizzy said. She also sits on the bed and hugged Ji Hyo to comfort her…

Ji Ho finally calm down from her own scary imagination… She responded to Lizzy’s hug as she’s felling alright… “Li…Lizzy-yah… Gomawopta… I, I just being a paranoid…. I’m too scared if anything bad happen to myself…” And then, her eyes met Jong Kook’s, who helped her the whole night.. She’s feels regretful… She just being judge a book by its cover… She never know that ‘jerk’ could be so nice towards her… “Kim… Jong Kook-shi… I’m so sorry for my bad behavior last night…. I am a silly girl, right?? And of course, thank you for everything that you did to me, yesterday…”

For Jong Kook, this could be his best moment of life… She… she say what??? Is this actually real or not??

“Kim Jong Kook-shi… do you hear me??” Ji Hyo asks.

“Huh??” Jong Kook seems so clueless... “What do you said just now?”

“I said I’m sorry… you are not willing to forgive me, aren’t you?”

“Andwe… of course not… it’s not really a big deal… you’re forgiven, no worries, okay…” Haha, obviously he’s just trying to be cool, hehe…

She gives him a sweet smile and a nod as a reply…

For the first time, he saw the truly sincere smile from this ‘lioness’… He froze once she’s showing another side of her, actually the true herself…Now, his heart seems to melt faster than ice cream during a hot day… just my own metaphor, hahaha

That day was the first that both of them seems comfortable and not arguing each other… Jong Kook kindly made the breakfast for the sick lady who sit opposite to him… And Lizzy too, kindly left the place earlier to give some chance for them?

“Jong Kook-shi… thanks again…for the breakfast... it’s yummy!” Ji Hyo said while eating the specially made fish and chips, secret recipe of Jong Kook’s…

“hehe, thanks… Btw, can we be friends right now??” Jong Kook asks.

That question make Ji Hyo a bit hesitate… “Yes….No…ani, of course, yes… we can be friends…”

“You’re not willing to be my friend, are you??”

“Nno… it’s not like that…Nothing’s wrong with you…” She just scared to accept new people in her life… Her experience with Jin Hyuk make her phobia to trust other people so easily… But, since Jong Kook is being nice to her, how could she being rude?

“We will be good friends, right?” Ji Hyo finally able to say that…

“Yup… Of course we will,” Jong Kook said happily and they shake their hands as a deal…

 

 

At Ji Hyo’s home

Ji Hyo is sitting alone at the verandah, thinking about what she’s done earlier…

“Yah…Pabo!! Jong Kook Oppa turns out to be a really nice person… Ji Min was right… Aishh… Lucky that he still want to befriend with you, Ji Hyo-yah…” She continues to talking herself, “what if… I fall for him one day? What if he’s just the same as Jin Hyuk??” She can’t find the answer now… its only the fate that will tell her everything one day… Aniya... We just promised to be good friends… and we will remain as friends, no matter what happen next, right oppa?

 

 

After a month

It’s exactly a month since Ji Hyo and Jong Kook become friends… Not only ‘friends’… but they are a really good friends right now… They simply spending their spare time together like eat and watch the movies together… Sometime, Jong Kook even ask her to come along at his favorite club to spend time with his dongsaengs…

“Ji Hyo-yah… WOAH…. You and my hyung are really close right now… Are you guys dating?” HaHa asks Ji Hyo, who is sitting closely with Jong Kook.

“Aniyo, what are you talking about? We’re just good friends… I don’t know why, but we seem to have a good chemistry… Like, we’re pretty much comfortable enough to listen each other’s problems…” Ji Hyo said confidently… She also casually hugging Jong Kook’s arm and laugh… But she doesn’t realized that Jong Kook is slightly hurting inside… What he thought a month ago is not what he really want today…  The boundary of being friends and lovers are too thick for him… Now, it could be a nightmare for him if he wants to get into a relationship while Ji Hyo doesn’t, they could be awkward again…

I thought it could be easier for me to say saranghae to you now… but it’s even harder for me… Miss Mong… Ottoke??