Chapter 1 : Lonely, I'm Mr. Lonely

I've Met My Angel

Flashback (On KJK’s 33rd birthday)

“Happy birthday to you…

  Happy birthday to you…

  Happy birthday to my oppa…

  Happy birthday to you…”

And the song was ended with applause from the guests.

“Happy birthday, oppa.. You’re getting old soon…hehehe…”Lizzy said.

“Lizzy-ah… gomawo… But I don’t need this… Why are you troubling yourself preparing this??  You know that I don’t like celebrations, right?” Jong Kook said with a serious tone…Everyone were surprised with him… He, who is known as a shy and gentleman person, did scold his own sister in front of his friends. One of them, Gary was tried to advice Jong Kook. “Hyung, why are you saying like that?? She will be upset hearing that…”

As she tried to calm herself, Lizzy just said, “No, I’m not upset… Not at all. Besides, he is my brother, right? I know him very well… It just that, never mind… I should prepare the food now. I will come back later… Then, she just went to the kitchen leaving the guests in confused.

Actually, she has prepared this party for two weeks. What she remembered was her brother never celebrates his birthday since their parents died, which is 15 years ago. So, she planned to make her brother happy this year. She even invites her brother’s colleagues but sadly, no one comes except for these two people, Ji Suk Jin and Lee Kwang Soo. Also, her oppa’s two dongsaeng or what you should call best friends, Gary and HaHa.

She called her boyfriend so he can get ready. After setting up the food at the table, Lizzy took some courage to talk to her brother.

“Mmm… Oppa, can we talk?”

“Of course you can… Lizzy-ah, before that, I owe you an apology... I shouldn’t mad at you because of this. Instead, I should say thank you because you prepared all this for me… I’m sorry, okay… Can you forgive me?” Jong Kook said with a sweet smile.

“Hahaha… Oppa, that’s too cute… Of course I can forgive you. It’s not like we’ve known each other for only a year…” Lizzy said jokingly.

“I’m glad you did not mad at me.  You are the best sister that I ever had… But, wait a minute. I felt really weird. You know what? I smell something’s fishy. Don’t lie to me, just let it out, sister… Did you need my help?”

“Hehe…You did knew what’s on my mind, isn’t?  Yes I am… Come with me, oppa… I want to show you something, er… I mean someone…”

‘Someone’ that Lizzy means finally arrived… He went into the house to join Lizzy and her brother. He feels really nervous to see Jong Kook and he took a deep breath to ease the nervousness.

“Hmm… Anneyonghasayo, hyung… My name is Song Joong Ki. Nice to meet you.”

Joong Ki feels scared with Jong Kook’s eagle eyes. He didn’t even dare to look at him and just give his hand to greet Jong Kook.

“Yah! Look at me! I’m not a real tiger, okay…” After realizing that his hands are hurting Joong Ki’s hand, he immediately releases his hand and said, “Sorry, Joong Ki-ah…”

Jong Kook look at Joong Ki from top to bottom. Then, he dragged Joong Ki to the verandah. He also said to Lizzy, “Lizzy-ah, I have a business with your man. Don’t bother us, okay? And treat our guests well. Shooh!!”

Lizzy become nervous when heard that from her brother… She even talks to herself, “Don’t disturb them, okay? Oppa just want to talk to him, not eat him alive…”

Meanwhile, at the verandah

“Well, Joong Ki, I am sorry about earlier. I want you know something about me, listen carefully, okay?? I am her brother and 100% responsible towards her until she’s married… I am really strict whenever it comes to Lizzy. So, I should warn you this, MAKE SURE THAT YOU DO NOT BREAK HER HEART OR I’LL HUNT YOU FOREVER, arasso??”

Frankly, he doesn’t want his sister to be tricked by any man. So, he just wants to make sure that the guy is really serious with his sister.

“O… Okay, hyung. Don’t worry, I’ll treat her good.”  Joong Ki felt relieved as Jong Kook did not against their relationship and he continued, “Oh, hyung, can I eat now? I’m really hungry, hehehe…”

End of flashback

Jong Kook just woke up after a dream of his sister. He smiled bitterly as he recalls the day Lizzy introduced him to her boyfriend. Now, it has been five months since they met him and ask his permission to date freely.

KJK’s POV

Hmm, what a pity guy… (referring to himself). My life is boring though… Everyday, I just do the same thing… wake up, exercises, working and sleeping…

I do feel envious with Lizzy, her life seems so colorful, unlike mine…I remembered, she always nagged at me, she said that she will get married with her love soon but I don’t even have a girlfriend. Yeah, her act is little bit tomboyish but luckily that someone did fall in love with her and accept her just the way she are.

Whenever I saw Lizzy, she reminds me of her… They have an exactly the same attitude. Of course, they are best friends. That’s how I get to know her.

Yah! Kim Jong Kook!! You have to move on… You have to always remember that the person that you love has gone… She won’t come back to Korea, it was 10 years ago…That was your past, forget her, can you??

If only I have courage to tell her everything… I won’t be like this… I won’t be lonely…

Dear God, I know I can’t live like this any longer… Please, I’m begging You, help me to forget her. Send me your angel… I want a happy life, too…

 

Since it was still early in the morning, he just falls onto sleep, again…

 

 

At sharp 10.00 a.m.,

“Knock, knock…”

“Aish, who’s that? Don’t bother me on Saturday, it’s my off day!!” Jong Kook yelled.

“Oppa! Don’t be like that… It must be Joong Ki oppa. We, we have a date today…” Lizzy explained.

“Hmm…  alright. Tell him to come in.”

Lizzy hurriedly went to the door and greet Joong Ki… “Joong Ki oppa, come in. Give me 10 more minutes to get ready, okay…” Joong Ki just nodded as a reply. As he want to sit, Lizzy come back to him, “Oppa, can you do me a favor?” “Of course, what is it?” “Can you talk to oppa? He’s not in good mood right now… But I don’t know why…” “Ooo, okay. I will.”

Joong Ki starts to walk to Jong Kook’s room. With a few deep breaths taken, he gained some courage before approaching him.