Chapter 9

What She Wants

 

What she Wants - Chapter 9

by ~Takasumi-Airi

Chapter 9


______________________________________________________________________________________



"Kyuhyun oppa! Ryeowook sshi! Where are you guys?" Heechul walked out of the kitchen, yawning while scratching his head. He was still in his pyjamas ; Sang-Nim on the other hand was all dressed up. "What are you doing here?" he asked, half asleep. "It's the weekend. Don't you sleep in?" She looked around. "Is Kyuhyun and Ryeowook around? I want to talk to them." Heechul responded in an annoyed tone: "Kyuhyun is still in his room but Ryeowook is awake and playing piano." The elder was a bit miffed how Sang-Nim hadn't greeted him but he let the matter slide. "Do you want me to get him?" Sang-Nim nodded. "Thank you Heechul sshi. 감사합니다, " she said, bowing quickly. He snorted and went away to look for Ryeowook. The things I do for her… he thought.

While she waited, Sang-Nim clung to her bag and hummed the Mario tune. It was a habit she had when she was nervous. Finally, Heechul dashed back into the room. "Uh, I don't know where Ryeowook went. But if you want, you can go talk to Kyuhyun." He pointed in the direction of the maknae's room."You know the way; do whatever you want," he said. The girl took off her shoes and stepped out from the front entrance. "Thanks again, oppa." Heechul shrugged and walked back into the living room. Now, he can finally watch TV in peace. 

She was nervous. Sang-Nim walked lithely to Kyuhyun's door and knocked. "Oppa? Are you inside?" She heard footsteps and covers being pulled back. When the door opened, Kyuhyun's messy bedhead popped out. "Hey dongsaeng, what are you doing here so early?" He kept his door open at the minimal. "Hey oppa, do you have time? I want to talk to you." Kyuhyun looked around then sighed and pulled the gap wider.  

His room wasn't too messy except for some clothes on the floor, a desk with papers scattered all over and the huge lump of blankets on his bed. Sang-Nim felt a little hesitant to enter a guy's room but it didn't seem to be an option. She entered and closed the door behind her.

That was when Kyuhyun turned around and said, "Maybe we should talk outside." Sang-Nim quickly countered, "Wait, it'll be quick. And it would be a little embarrassing if other people heard." She fidgeted on the spot, "I know that while Donghae is away and everything, you and Ryeowook have been taking care of me. I wanted to say 'thank you'." She did a sort of half bow. "Kyuhyun oppa, I miss Donghae a lot but… is it okay if I say I think I sorta like you?" 

Kyuhyun was beyond himself. He didn't really know how to respond. At this critical moment, Sang-Nim was expecting him to reply and he was drawing a blank. "I…uh…well, I like you too. Very much.  And uh… yeah." And what about Ryeowook then? What did she think of Ryeowook? "And uh, Ryeowook. Do you like him as well?" He felt that if he didn't ask this, he would be betraying his hyung. "Well of course. He's my oppa no?" Sang-Nim opened the door."See you later oppa." And with that, she exited the room and left through the front door. 

Kyuhyun sat on his bed, in deep thought. Now what was that all about? That was when Ryeowook crawled out from under the covers. "Why did you hide? She's Sang-Nim, and you said you love her." Ryeowook sat on the edge of the bed, next to Kyuhyun. "But the one she loves is Donghae. And now, you." He looked glumly at the floor and they both fell silent.