Chapter 16

What She Wants

 

What she Wants - Chapter 16

by ~Takasumi-Airi
 

Chapter 16


____________________________________________________________________________________________

"TaoTao! Lin! Wait up!" Sang-Nim ran after her friends, wallet in hand. It was lunch break and the three of them were going out to eat."You're so slow Nim sshi." Tao folded his arms behind his head and stopped. "As usual," Lin said with a grin on his face. "Where are you guys going?" she asked them. She slowed down to catch her breath. "Out to eat." She rolled her eyes. "Obviously, but where? I wanna come too." She pouted a little, feeling a little left out by her friends. They were always teasing her. 'Such bullies.' She thought disappointedly. But her feelings were dispelled when Tao spoke up. "Aw come on, don't look like that. We were just teasing ya." Tao patted her on the head. "We'll treat ya to dessert. How about that?" Lin nodded in agreement. She felt like she was going to get spoiled unnecessarily but nodded, accepting their invitation. "That's a promise then. Let's go." 

Kyuhyun was practicing a dance choreography back at SMent's training building. After a productive 2-hour practice session, he decided to take a break and call Sang-Nim. 'It should be her lunch break right now. I wonder if she wants to go out and eat,' he thought, wiping the sweat off his face with the towel around his neck as he listened to the drone of the ringtone. Curious, she didn't pick up immediately like she usually did. Did she remember to bring her cell? He continued to wait for a little bit then hung up. It had been 2 weeks since she lost her memory and she seemed to have returned to a normal life again. After all, she hadn't lost such an important part of her memory if you compare it to her other memories. But it felt important to him; he had lost his previous relationship with her but he couldn't help thinking that Donghae was in the same position. Suddenly, he realized that Donghae didn't know about Sang-Nim's memory loss yet. He began to wonder how Donghae would react if he knew…

His phone rang; a call from Sang-Nim. As soon as he picked up, he heard her bubbly voice, full of happiness. "Hallo! Is this Kyuhyun sunbae?" He cringed, still not used to the fact that she didn't call him 'oppa' anymore. "Yeah, where are you right now?" The line crackled as connection fizzled. "I'm at a cafe with some friends. And you?" He slid down to the ground and leaned against the wall. "I was practicing a dance choreography. Are you staying there for long? " I want to see you. "Yeah, we still have an hour. You can come by if you have the time to. We're at –" 

Suddenly her voice cut off. He heard a squeal and a cry of protest then a man's voice spoke. "Is this Cho sshi? This is Tao here. Sang-Nim is here with us right now and is too busy to come to the phone right now. Please call back later." He hung up and Kyuhyun was left listening to the drone of the phone. Kyuhyun scowled; he didn't like Tao very much. What kind of rude friends was Sang-Nim hanging out with? 

"Give me back my phone!" said Sang-Nim, a pout on her face with one outstretched hand towards Tao who pocketed her phone. "No way. We let you hang out with us and you invite other guys?' Lin shook his head in mock dismay. "Lin! Not you too!" She eventually gave up and sat back in her chair, a little frustrated pout on her face as she sipped at her bubble tea. "He's just a friend. A caring sunbae. Why can't he come too?" She sulked a little until Tao sighed. "Fine, here's your phone back. But no calling him or any other guy anymore!" He had barely taken it out of his pocket before she immediately sn
atched it out of his hand. "Yeah, yeah, yeesh." 


She decided to send Kyuhyun a text anyway. "Sorry sunbae~ My friends are being annoying little kids. Maybe we can hang out next time?" She snapped her phone shut and pocketed it before either of them could see who she had texted. "Come on children. Let's go,"she said, picking up her bag.