Chapter 1

What She Wants

 

What she Wants - Chapter 1

by ~Takasumi-Airi



Chapter 1


__________________________________________________________________________________



"This is what she wants. Let her go."

Heechul held onto his arm and gave him the look. "Don't do this; you will hurt both her and yourself. And did you ever think about Ryeowook as well?"

He turned to look at his hyung then gave up, a pained expression on his face. Fine, let it be like this. In anger, he slammed his fist against the wall and cried out. There was nothing he could do now. 


Kyuhyun sat at a table, typing away on his laptop. He was busy preparing his report for Music since the due date approached quickly. While he was immersed in his work, he didn't notice a person creeping up behind him, obviously not bothering to be stealthy at all. "Kyu~!" He jumped as he felt hands on his shoulders and turned around to see who the culprit was. "Hyung, you scared me!" He pressed a hand against his chest to calm his beating heart. "Why are you out today? I didn't know that you were going to pass by the university. You could have told me." 

Ryeowook smiled and shrugged his shoulders. "I felt the need to visit our maknae today. My schedule has actually become pretty flexible recently."Kyuhyun had a feeling that his hyung actually had a legitimate reason for wanting to come by today. Perhaps he wanted to see somebody? "Are you waiting for Sang-Nim?" he asked curiously, closing his laptop as he swiveled around to face his elder. Ryeowook looked elsewhere, his eyes darting back in forth. "No, what are you talking about? Of course not; why would I want to do that?" He was obviously lying and they both knew it. Especially with that blush in his cheeks and that crooked grin on his face. 

Sang-Nim was their junior by some years. She was currently working to get into university someday and she was friends with all the Super Junior members. Donghae was a childhood friend of hers so that's how they got to know her. But right now, Donghae was away on a trip in France so Sang-Nim was stuck alone. In a way, they could be what they call unrequited childhood lovers. Everything they did together showed that they loved each other very much but they had yet to admit it. "You know, Sang-NIm told me that she was going shopping with some friends. You probably won't find her around,"said Kyuhyun, a sly smirk creeping on his face.

The elder pouted and crossed his arms. "I never said I was going to look for her anyway. That's just what you think," he said, pushing off the pillar he was leaning on. "But thanks for telling me anyway." He headed for the exit when Kyuhyun called out, "Hyung, you're leaving already? Why don't you wait a bit and I'll pack up?" Screw his report, he could always pull an all-nighter and finish it later at home. "No Kyu, stay here and finish your homework. I have to go somewhere. Catch up with you later." He disappeared before Kyuhyun could object. 

He sighed, staring at his laptop. The blinking light seemed to mock him as he slumped in his chair. He had no energy to work again. Who said that he couldn't understand what Ryeowook was going through? He himself had come to like Sang-Nim as well. It wasn't a good thing since Sang-Nim obviously liked Donghae and vice versa but they only acknowledged themselves as friends. His head hurt from trying to think about these things. Why was love so complicated? If he told Sang-Nim that he liked her then she would feel intimidated. Or, Donghae might think that he was betraying him and be angry with him. Worse, they would both hate him. But since when should people be hated because they liked someone? And also, he had to think about his hyung. Ryeowook was sure to be upset if he discovered that Kyuhyun liked Sang-Nim as well. With Ryeowook's frail personality, who knew what his hyung might do if he became extremely upset?

He glanced at the coffee cup beside his computer. It was empty to his knowledge so he chose this moment to get up and throw it in the trash. He picked up all his belongings and trudged outside the café. He had a train to catch.

Sang-Nim was sitting comfortably on a train, the scenery speeding quickly pass her eyes. She had her small pink Netbook with her and was typing a lazy novel while enjoying the quietude. The girl had earphones and was listening to music while constantly glancing at the other passengers on the train. Then there was a moment of silence when she paused; she was thinking of Donghae and hoped that he was having fun wherever he was. She missed him. 

On the other side of the continent, Donghae also on a train was writing in his journal. It had been a few days since he was in the European country and already, his arms hurt from dragging his luggage around. He peered over the brim of his hat to look outside where the countryside was. France was nice place and he really appreciated the rich food he ate at meals. But bread and cheese was just too rich for him. He preferred going back home to eat his usual diet of Korean food but since he was on travel, he was expected to adapt. A train passed momentarily, making the young man flinch. He tried to relax in his seat and slumped his shoulders. He missed Korea and his friends. But this trip was really important for him. There was something he had to find.