Chapter 2

Falling in Love Again

The next day…

Taekwoon grab his phone and try to call his friend. He was hoping to find someone who can give him some ear to listen to him. Then, a name appears on his phone, Hongbin. He touch the ‘call’ button and waiting for him to pick up his phone.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Yoboseyo.”

“Oh. Leo hyung. What is it?”

“Hongbin-ah, can you come to my house? There’s something I want to tell you. It’s really important.”

“Okay. I will be there.”

 

40 minutes later…

The sound of the door being knock just make Leo wake up from his nap. He was resting on the sofa while waiting for Hongbin to reach his house. As soon he heard it, he went to the door and opens it. As soon he opens it, the familiar face greets him.

“Hyung.”

“Hongbin-ah. You came.”

Leo invites him in his house and both of the sitting on the sofa, facing each other.

“Hyung, is there a reason for you to ask me to come?”

“There is.”

Leo gets up from the sofa and went to his room. After a few seconds, he went out with the paper on his hand. He gives the paper to Hongbin.

“What is this?”

“You will find out once you read it.”

Hongbin look at the paper and read the content. His face become horrified when he read it.

“Hyung…you are…?”

Leo nods his head little.

 

A week ago…

Leo sits at the corridor with his head low down. He prays that nothing worse can happen. After a few minutes, the nurse calls him. “Jung Taekwoon.” He gets up from his sit and went into the doctor’s room.

“Mr. Jung, I’m already finished the test. I don’t know if you could accept this.”

Taekwoon’s forehead starting to sweat after heard it.

“I’m afraid you have terminal cancer. The 3rd stage. And because you always delayed your examination, the cancer has already spread at the other part. To be honest, your disease now is incurable. Looking at your condition, I can only say that you only have six months to live.”

Taekwoon felt that his heart was stabbed after he heard the doctor’s word. Cancer? No. It can’t be true. I only have six months to live? It’s all lie. It can’t be. No. No…

“NO!”

Taekwoon couldn’t believe what he just heard. He grabs his head with both of his hands and starts to scream.

“No!! It can’t be!! Please tell me it’s not true!!! Why?!!!”

Suddenly, Taekwoon grabs the doctor’s hands. “You saying that I’m couldn’t be cure?! Are you trying to say that I’m going to die?!”

The doctor let out a deep sigh. He doesn’t know how to comfort the young man who sobbed in front of him. He is young yet he has to face the worst situation in his life.

Taekwoon feel so depressed. Why he has such terrible disease? Why now? Why God have to shorten his life? He was crying about 5 minutes before he managed to say something, “So, I have to live like this till the end?”

“I’m sorry. But, yes. You have to live with it.” The doctor felt sympathy toward him but what can he do. Taekwoon’s disease has become worse and a chance for him to recover is impossible.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

 

“So, is Minyoung know about this?”

“No. She doesn’t know it. Yet.”

“You want keep it as a secret? What if she found out by herself?”

“I have to. It would be better like this. Besides, I didn’t want her to feel sad. She will feel miserable if she know that I’m dying.” Taekwoon is worried of Minyoung who is 4 years younger than him. As a girl who still at the age of living in the life full of passionate, she sure will feel despair if she know about Taekwoon’s disease.  

“Will you be alright, hyung? You can’t just bear the entire burden by yourself.”

“I know, Hongbin, but that’s also the reason I want you to come here. You can lend your ear to listen to my problem. You are the only friend that I could trust.”

Hongbin feel pity toward his friend. Eventhough Taekwoon is older than him but both of them are really close since both of them has been through thick and thin together since high school. Seeing his friend right now is different than before. Usually, both of them went to each other house because of the problem that involves school or the youth thing but this is about Taekwoon’s life. After silent for a moment, Hongbin speak, “Well, okay. I can come anytime you want. I will listen to you. I hope you don’t put yourself too hard. Can you promise me that?”

Taekwoon look at Hongbin’s face. His face shows anxiety and distraught. “I promise.”

Then, Hongbin grab Taekwoon’s hand, signing that he will always be with him. Seeing how Hongbin care about him, Taekwoon’s mouth formed a smile. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Simple Plan - Untitled

I'm sorry for Leo's bias for making him as a dying character...