Chapter 12

Falling in Love Again

Minyoung has been intently listening to Hongbin’s story and she could feel that she want to cry right now. A few drop tears flow from her eyes and she wipe it.

“Oppa… You surely had such a sad love experience…”

Hongbin smile at her. “We’re in the same boat. You also already experienced it.”

“I know. The first love can be very beautiful but it can become cruel and sad when they leave us.”

“Yeah.”

Both of them stay quiet for a moment, thinking how they felt a lot of thing at the past. Hongbin look at the clock on the wall and immediately get up from the sofa. “I have to go home now. It’s already late.”

Minyoung look at the clock and didn’t realize that it’s already 11:15 at night. They sure have such a long conversation. “Okay. See you tomorrow morning.”

“Tomorrow? Morning?” Hongbin give a confused look.

“Yeah. Tomorrow is Saturday. Don’t tell me you already forgot what day today is.”

Hongbin thought for a moment. Jeez…I totally forgot it… Hongbin hit his forehead with his palm. Blame to his new routine that make him completely ignore such trivial things.

“Well, in that case I will see you again tomorrow.”

“Okay.”

Hongbin grab his jacket and went to the door with Minyoung follow him at behind. He open the door after he wearing his shoes, and bidding goodbye to Minyoung.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

When he went out from the elevator, he surprise by what he heard just now from outside. The rain is heavily poured outside of the apartment. What make it worse, his car was parked outside of the building. Great, I have to be completely wet when I reach my car.

He lifts up his hood from his jacket and run to his car. He quickly went into his car after he pressed his car key to unlock it. He immediately inserts his car key into the keyhole and start up the engine. But after a few times, his car doesn’t start up and he finally give up.  “Aish!! Don’t tell me the engine is broke down already?! Well, That just great!!” He hit the steering wheel, completely frustrating of what happen.

Then, he reaches his phone to call someone.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

Minyoung went to the kitchen to get something to drink. When she was about to finish her drink, she could hear her phone ringing at the living room. She went to the living room and grabs the phone.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Minyoung-ah, it’s me.”

“Oppa? What is it?”

“Can I stay at your home for a moment?”

“Why?”

“My car broke down suddenly and it’s raining heavily outside.”

“It’s raining outside?”

Minyoung went to the balcony and pull the curtain to the side. The moment when she look at outside, she is completely surprise how heavy the rain pouring outside.

She opens the balcony a bit and she could feel some strong wind hit her hand and face. She immediately close it and put the phone on her ear. “It wasn’t just normal rain. The wind is strong too.”

“I know. Can I?”

“Okay. You can come now. Quickly.”

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

After waiting for a moment, Minyoung hear the doorbell ringing. She went to the door and opens it. Much to her surprise, Hongbin is completely soaking wet. A few beads of water drop from his hair.

“Oh my gosh!! You are really wet! Just come in! I’ll go get some towel and clothes for you!” Minyoung run into her mother’s room and search for her father’s clothes. She still remember her mother still keeps her father’s clothes as the momento of her husband.

At the same time, Hongbin take off his jacket and put it on one of the basket on the laundry. He feels so shivering and tired right now. His feet trembles a bit as he ran as much as he can to come here but he doesn’t want sit on any chair, afraid he will make them wet. Then, Minyoung went out from the room with some male clothes and towel in her arms.

“Here. Go take a bath and change to these.”

“Okay.” Hongbin take the clothes and towel from Minyoung’s hands and went to the room.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

After taking the bath for a few minutes, Hongbin put the clothes on him. It does fit him. He grabs the towels and dry up his hair a bit. He went out from the room and he can see Minyoung sit at the dining table, waiting for him.

“Does the clothes alright to you?’

“Yeah. It fits me well.”

“Well, then. You can sit here. I’m going to make some hot drink for you.”

Hongbin obey to her and sit at one the chair at dining table.

Just in short while, she went sit to the chair next to Hongbin and give him a glass of hot chocolate.

Hongbin take a sip of it and his body feel warm a bit.

Minyoung look at Hongbin with pity eyes. She never thought these will happen to him. If he doesn't go to her house, he might be at his home comfortably at this moment. She take a look at him and she can see how messy his hair is. He must be dried his hair just willy-nilly.

“Oppa, your hair is quite messy.” Minyoung reach out her hand on Hongbin’s hair and fix it.

Hongbin look at Minyoung and that’s when their eyes met. The moment when she look at Hongbin’s eyes, her heartbeat suddenly beating faster. Her hand still on Hongbin’s hair and she couldn’t move her body as her eyes still locked at Hongbin’s eyes.

Hongbin reach out his hand and grab her hand on top of his head and put it down. He circles the back of her hand with his thumb gently. Her hand is smaller than his but it is so soft and warm. They look at each other eyes deeply.

Minyoung finally snap out of it and pull her hand from his grab. She could feel her body getting warmer and her heartbeat beating so fast. She is totally confused right now. Hongbin who finally realized of what he did, immediately get up from his seat. “I’m sorry. I think I should go now.” He immediately walks away from her and reach to the door.

When his hand about to grab the doorknob, Minyoung run to him and hug him from his back. Hongbin is surprise by her sudden hug and when he tries to loose the hug, he hears her sobbing.

Is she crying?

“Please don’t go!!" Minyoung scream at Hongbin's back, hugging him tightly. "I don’t want to be alone anymore! Please stay here!!”

Hongbin went silent completely by her words. He thought for a second of what happened and try to understand it. She has the reason for being this weak. Because he knew the feeling of being lonely and the sorrow of losing someone. He already felt it a long time ago. But, he still manages to live on as usual. When he hear Minyoung’s crying that’s when he realized something. She is a girl. Men’s heart and women’s heart are two completely different things. All this while she is pretending to be alright but deep inside of her, she’s not. She lost the most precious person just few months ago, causing her to be so miserable.

Hongbin grabs Minyoung’s hand to loose the hug and turn around to facing her. She looks completely fragile and helpless. He wipes her tears with his thumb. Then, he put his arm around her waist and pulls her into his arms. He slowly put his lips on hers and closes his eyes. Minyoung could feel how cold his lips are, and slowly close her eyes and kisses him back. She could feel his heart beating louder and fast as her chest touching his. She drinks every moment of this and they kissing for very long time.

When their lips parted, they look at each other’s eyes. Minyoung’s tears flowing again. It’s too good to be true. She never thought she will falling in love again. All this time, she only saw Hongbin not more than just friend. But as he care her a lot for this past 9 months make her realized how pure Hongbin’s kindness to her. She looks at Hongbin’s eyes and she can see how sparkles they are. He must be tried to hold his tears.

“Be with me, Minyoung-ah. Let’s leave the past behind us. Let’s start the new chapter of our life together.”

Minyoung nod her head and her tears start to flow faster than before. This time it is not a cry of sadness, but happiness. Minyoung hug Hongbin tightly and doesn’t want to let go. “Gomawo, oppa… Gomawo…” She thanks to him between her cry. Hongbin also tight his hug and that’s when his tears drop from his eyes. He doesn’t want to show his tears in front of her as it will show her his weakness. He caresses her back and Minyoung completely calm in his arms. The hug is so warm and she could feel their heart beating synchronize. She wants to cherish this moment with him and they stay like that as the rain pouring heavily outside, seems like the sky also cherish for them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JYJ – In Heaven