Chapter 13

Falling in Love Again

A year later…

The sky looks cloudy, signify that it is about to rain, again.

The two girls walking side by side, clutching their hands together while one of them are holding an umbrella. They are just like two best friends that couldn’t separate with each other.

“Do you still remember this place, Minyoung-ah?”

The girl who holding the umbrella asking the girl next to her.

“Of course. I still remember that we used to play at this place when we were kid. Especially after rain.”

“And after we came back, we were scolded by our mom because we were really drenched that time from played with the puddle.”

Minyoung let out a small laugh. Remembering how innocent and playful they were that time.

“We haven’t come here about… 10 years…? Maybe more than that. This place doesn’t change at all.”

“Yeah. It’s a good thing that this place never changes. It brings a lot of memories, isn’t it?” Hyojung look around the place with appreciatively smile. 

“Yeah… Certainly…”

The two girls absorbed by the view of the place until Minyoung’s eyes notice someone who looks familiar sit on the bench about 10 metre from them.

“Is that… Hongbin oppa and Wonshik oppa?”

Hyojung take a look at the front and notice it. Without she realized, her lips formed a little smile.

Minyoung look at her and realizes what happen.

“Wait a minute here, are you planning this?” Minyoung look at Hyojung, starting to understand of the situation.

Hyojung let out a small giggle. “I'm sorry, Minyoung-ah. It is because we will graduate soon. So, let’s spend the time that we have with them, ok?”

Minyoung look at the two young men for a second. 

“Well, let’s go. They are waiting for us.” Hyojung grabs Minyoung’s hand and they run towards them.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

“How’s you and Minyoung, right now? You both doing well?” Wonshik look at Hongbin with full anticipation.

“Yes. We are.” Hongbin look at the sky for a moment then lower his head. “Weird, isn’t it?”

“What?” Wonshik look at him, his voice full of questioning.

“At first, she and I were merely close just because she is the girlfriend of my friend and I’m really respected that fact. But now, because we understand our life more than anyone and we feel that we are really compatible with each other, she accept my feeling to her and I’m also accept her feeling to me. Fate surely can be this funny, right?” Hongbin let out his deep thought. Maybe this is the fate for them to be together.

“Well, not really. It’s not that weird. Maybe because both of you know the feeling of being falling in love and losing them in front of your eyes. That feeling will gave both of you guys to understand the meaning of love deeply and that’s what make you guys couldn’t let go each other. It’s such a nice thing for you to having her because she understands you more than anyone.”

Hongbin look at Wonshik, hearing every sentence of his words. "I guess what you said is perfectly point out of our relationship.”

Wonshik smile at him, agree with him.

“Oppa!”

Both of them look at behind, figuring the owner of the voice.

“Oh! Hyojung-ah! Minyoung-ah!” Wonshik get up from his seat, greeting them.

“Minyoung-ah, the reason why we brought you here is because we want you to have a good time with Hongbin.”

Minyoung look at Wonshik, then to Hongbin. “Really? Gosh, you guys sure how to play cupid for us.” He blushes hearing the word 'cupid'. Well, he is not the type of guy that so into this 'lovey-dovey' kind of help.

“Well, since both of you are here... So, Hyojung and I will go now.”

Wonshik wink at Hyojung, give a signal to her. Hyojung quickly understand the signal. He put his hand on Hyojung’s shoulder and they walk away, leaving only two of them.

Minyoung look at them, walking away from them. Then, she looks at Hongbin.

“Well, mind if I seat here?” Minyoung pointing out the empty seat next to Hongbin.

“Sure.” Hongbin move a bit to give some space to her.

"You are going to graduate soon, right?" 

She nod her head. "Yeah, next week."

Hongbin reach out his hand and grab Minyoung's hand. He smile at her when she isn't awkwardly touch his hand. 

“When you call me this morning, you told me that you have something that you want to say to me. But, it doesn't came in my mind that you want to talk here.” Minyoung look at Hongbin directly to his eyes.

He smile widely to Minyoung. "Hyojung used to told me that you both used to played here when you were young. So, it is very nice to spend some time at here, right?"

Minyoung look around and it really bring the nostalgic feeling to her. Then, she look at Hongbin.

“Time sure went so fast, isn’t it?” Hongbin looks at her deeply to her eyes.

“It’s been a year since we’ve been together. We’ve been through a lot at past, we completely being comfortable with each other. I guess what happen to us is something that never been expected by anyone, including us.”

She looks at him, nodding her head.

“We have seen a lot of things more than anyone. We felt a lot of things more than anyone. Some happening beyond the reason and we couldn’t put it with word.”

"I know.” She moves from her seat, getting closer to him that their legs touch each other. “You already saw my weakness that time. And instead avoid it, you come to me and comfort me as much as you can. I guess right now…you are the only one who can see me the way I am.”

She close her eyes and lean at Hongbin's shoulder. It is so warm and it gives her some comfort and she likes it. 

“It’s nice to see you lively again. To be honest, it really hurt me to see how hurt you were that time.”

She smile when she thought the day when she cried in Hongbin's arm and he kissed her that time. Yes, she is feeling better than before. All thanks to Hongbin. Then, she look at him. “May I ask you something?”

“What is it?”

“Why you have to trouble yourself just for me? I know that you care about me since Taekwoon oppa gone because you can see how much I suffer that time but why you so diligently to do it?”

Hongbin look at the sky for a moment then, let out his voice.

“Because I’m already make a promise to Taekwoon hyung to take care of you.”

Minyoung look a little bit surprise to it. “Promise?”

 

Two years ago…

As soon Minyoung close the door, Hongbin speaks, “What is it, hyung?”

Taekwoon look at Hongbin and said to him, “Hongbin-ah, after I gone, can you please take care of Minyoung for me?”

“Eh?”

“What she is facing know is the same as what you’ve already face when you lose Youngji. She couldn’t go through this by herself. So, please be at her side no matter what.”

“Hyung…”

“I’m asking you just for this. Can you do it for me?”

Hongbin hesitate to answer it. He couldn’t bear to reject his request. This will be his last request.

“It’s okay, Hongbin-ah. If you want to be with her more than just mere friend, I will definitely allow it.”

Hongbin is stunned by him. “Hyung, what do you mean by that? She is your girlfriend.”

“I know. But not after this. Maybe right now, you didn’t feel anything from her. But I’m sure someday, you will.”

“Hyung, please don’t joke about this. I couldn’t take her more than that.”

“It’s not a joke. I believe you will… Just believe yourself, ok? She need someone at her side. And you are the most trusted person that I could counting on.”

Hongbin look at Taekwoon and he could feel the seriousness from his voice.

“Can you promise me for that?” His voice sound a bit of desperation. 

Hongbin thought about it for a moment. Then, he grabs Taekwoon’s hand.

“If that’s what you want…

Okay. I will do it.”

Taekwoon let out his smile to Hongbin. “Gomawo, Hongbin-ah. I knew I can count on you.”

Hongbin look at Taekwoon and he can see the feeling of relief from his eyes.

“Gomawo, hyung. For being the friend that I could depend on and share my life with it.”

“I also want to thank to you. For always be there with me even right now. Gomawo, Hongbin-ah.”

Hongbin grabs Taekwoon’s hand and look at him. “I will keep my promise. I will…”

Taekwoon nod his head weakly and smile at him. He knew he could trust on him. Then, Hongbin look at the door.

“Want me to call her in?”

“Yes, you can. I want to see her for the last time.”

He put Taekwoon’s hand at his side and went to the door to call her.

 

“So, Taekwoon oppa asked you to look after me after he’s gone?”

Hongbin nod his head. “I guess what happen to us right now, I can definitely sure of it. This is what he wanted the most, for both of us. His wish has been granted.”

Hongbin look at Minyoung. He can see that she is about to cry.

“I'm sorry...” She turn her face at other direction. 

Then, she starts to cry. She had been holding for long time but now she couldn’t hold it anymore. She tries to wipe it but the tears keep flowing without her willingness.

Then, Hongbin hold her face with both of his hands and he wipes her tears with his thumbs.

“Minyoung-ah...”

She look at him. 

"Are you mad at me?"

Minyoung shake her head. "No. I'm feeling grateful. For Taekwoon oppa and you. You both done so much for me. And I'm feeling grateful."

Minyoung hold Hongbin's hands on her cheeks and bring them under her chin. "I lost my father when I was young and my mother do everything to raise me and it makes me feel lonely. Then, Taekwoon oppa came to me and fill in my emptiness. After that, he was gone and the emptiness came again. And right now, you are the one who fill it back." 

Minyoung look at Hongbin deeply to his eyes.

"Gomawo, oppa. And...

Saranghae..." 

They stare at each other eyes and slowly their faces getting closer and closer. They both close their eyes and let their lips touching with each other.

Hongbin part his lips for a moment. "Nado saranghae, Minyoung-ah..." 

Then, he kiss her again. He bring his hand to the back of Minyoung's head and other at her waist. They stay like that for a long time and they move their lips harmoniously, showing how much strong their feeling with each other.

They are absorbed with their kiss that they didn’t notice that there’s someone at behind them watching them.

“Ommo… didn’t you see that? They are kissing.”

“Looks like they completely in love with each other.”

Actually, from the beginning Hyojung and Wonshik were hiding at behind the tree to watching them.

“Oppa, they already confirming their love but what about us?”

“Eh? What do you mean?”

“Oh, come on. Don’t you notice? We’ve been dating for about less than 2 years but all you could do is just peck on my cheek or forehead. You truly lack the meaning of romantic.” Hyojung pouting to him. To be truth, he never kiss her on lips which is she want badly. 

“Hyojung-ah, don’t tell me that you don’t remember the moment when I confessed to you in front of my friends that time?  Isn’t it romantic enough for you?” Wonshik tries to be logical with her. 

“Of course I remember that. You bravely told me that you love me in front of them. But thanks to you, I’m feeling embarrassing that time.”

“Why?”

“Because you did it in front of so many people. And all of them are strangers to me. I don’t know how to look at them after the event.”

Wonshik give her a smirk. “Why? You being shy of it?”

Hyojung look at him. Uh oh. He starts being mischievous now. “Oppa, don’t you think about it.”

“What? What I am going to do?” His face getting closer to the side of her face. 

“You know that I don’t like when someone blow on my ear? That’s my sensitive part!” She quickly cover her both of her ears with her hands. This is what the disadvantage of not being secretive to your boyfriend. They will use your weakness as the best way to teasing you.  

Hyojung was about to run but Wonshik manage to grab her waist.

“Andwea! Oppa!”Hyojung tries to struggles but it’s no use. He is too strong. She closed her eyes tightly. Oh my God! He’s going to do it again!

Then, she could feel her lips touching something. When she open her eyes, she can see he close his eyes while kissing her. After a few seconds, their lips parted.

Hyojung could feel her face become warm and her heart start to beating fast.

“Is this what you want, right?” Wonshik look at her with teasing smile.

“Oppa…you are so mean.” She pouted to him, but after that she smiles at him.

 Then, she take out her arm, wrap to his neck and she kiss him on the lips.

He also did the same thing by wrapping his arm to her waist and slowly put his lips on hers. They are drowning in their kiss until they heard the voice.

“Well, it looks like we are not the only one who need an alone time together.”

Their kiss parted and look at their behind. Hongbin and Minyoung look at them with fascinate look.

Hyojung feel completely shock and loose her wrap on Wonshik’s neck. Did they saw everything?

“Well, we already saw it when we heard Hyojung’s scream just now.”

Wonshik cough out of embarrassment. “Well, it looks like you guys have a good time together.”

“So you guys.”

Hyojung scratch her hair, completely embarrassing of what happen just now.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

Two days later…

Hongbin and Minyoung walking together at the graveyard. Minyoung hold a bouquet of flowers in her arms.

They finally reach to the grave that have his name.

“Taekwoon oppa. We’re here.” Then, she put the flower on his tombstone. “It’s almost 2 years now. And I will be graduating soon.”

Hongbin fix his hair that blown by the wind. “Hyung, it’s been a while since the last I met you. We are all doing just fine. So, you don’t have to worry anymore.”

Then, they sit side by side infront of the tombstone. They put their hands together, closing their eyes and start their prayers.

After they finish, Minyoung take out her phone and she check the message contents. She can see a lot of Taekwoon’s messages send to her before he’s gone and she still keep it. All of these messages are too precious for her. 

Then, she press one of the button of her phone and the notification appears.

 

 

Do you want to delete

all of the messages

including the contents?

Yes or no?

 

 

She smiles at it and press “Yes” button.  All of the messages are deleting. Then, she put her phone inside her pocket and look at the tombstone. She finally made her decision. She want to start the new life and want to keep Taekwoon as part of her memories. 

“Goodbye, Taekwoon oppa. I will never forget you.” She touches the tombstone, gently feeling the name carved on it. Jung Taekwoon.

Then, Hongbin touching the tombstone as well. “We will never forget you, hyung. We will come visit you when we can.”

The wind blows at them, seems like it signifies how much Taekwoon feeling happy for them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Savage Garden – Truly Madly Deeply

Yiruma – River Flows in You