Chapter 6

Falling in Love Again

 

It’s Sunday morning. It’s quite refreshing in the morning for Minyoung to go out and get some fresh air. She goes out from the door wearing baby blue long sleeve shirt and grey pants with the guitar at her back. She is really happy because her teacher complimented her during her evaluation of her instrument skill. She was chosen to play ‘Talking to the Moon’ by her teacher and she had been trained herself for a week before the evaluation. Her hard work is worth it and she was received the positive reply from her teacher and her classmates. For her, that’s the most valuable moment for her as a music student.

During her childhood day, guitar is always her favourite music instrument as her late father always playing it with her as a hobby. The hobby has become her passion and she start to fall in love with music since that day. The music is the only way to cure her from sadness when the moment she missed her father. Sometimes, she will go out to the park, sit at the bench near the playground and play her guitar that her father bought for her. She will play randomly any songs that come out from her mind and humming or singing the melody.

When she was engrossed singing, the man voice call her from behind. “Minyoung-ah.”

Minyoung turn her head toward the voice and she smile widely when the moment she saw the voice’s owner.

“Oppa.”

Taekwoon appear at Minyoung’s back, wearing white jacket, black t-shirt and black trousers.

“What are you doing here?” Taekwoon asking her while sit at her side.

“I am celebrating right now.”

“Celebrating? For what?”

“For me from got the good result from my evaluation.”

“Really? I guess you must be born as a musician.”

Minyoung giggle, “Not really. I have to train as hard as I can for me to get a better recognition.”

Taekwoon smile at her. He is really proud of her. “Can you show me how you play the song that you played during the evaluation?”

“Of course.”

Minyoung fix her seat so she can face toward Taekwoon and show him the way she play it. The moment when she starts the melody, Taekwoon began to recognize it and start to singing along with it. Seeing how immersed Taekwoon to the song, Minyoung sing along with him. The view of both of them singing together is nothing different like a music video featuring two singers does some singing duet. It is early in the morning and there’s no one in the park but both of them, make it look like the scene from drama. They were singing together harmoniously and their eyes looking at each other. After Minyoung finish playing the song, they both look at each other’s eyes for a long time before their faces getting closer and closer. However, the moment when their lips were about to touch, Taekwoon suddenly feel pain inside of him. He grabs his stomach and groan as soon he feels the pain. Minyoung suddenly surprised by Taekwoon’s weird behaviour.

“Oppa? What’s wrong? Are you alright?”

Taekwoon couldn’t say anything. The feel of the pain getting stronger and he couldn’t stand it. He screams and fall from the bench with his both hands grabs tightly at his stomach. Minyoung start to freak out when she sees Taekwoon suddenly screams and groans as if he was stabbing by knife.

“Oppa!! Oppa!! What’s wrong?!!! What happen to you?!!!”

Then, Taekwoon’s body and voice getting weaker and he slowly lost his conscious. Minyoung getting more scared when she sees Taekwoon’s eyes starting to close. “Oppa!! OPPA!!”

 

In the ambulance…

Taekwoon’s body is laid on the bed with the oxygen mask on his face. The paramedic holds the mask while his other hand is checking the cardiac monitor to make sure the patient’s heartbeat is beating normally.

Minyoung inside of the ambulance, sit at Taekwoon’s side while holding his hand. She couldn’t speak anything. Seeing Taekwoon at this condition make her heart hurt. Her tears starting to drop from her eyes but she doesn’t care. She tries to figure out of what is happening to him, why he suddenly feels pain without any reason. Just now, they sang happily together at the park, having a romantic moment together and now she is heading to the hospital to save his life.

What’s going on?!! What happen to you, oppa?!! Why are you suddenly sick?!!! Is there something that you didn’t tell me?!!

 

In the hospital…

Minyoung is waiting at the corridor. She just sits there with her hands grabs tightly. In her heart, she is praying that nothing happen to Taekwoon.

After 30 minutes, the doctor came from the room. Minyoung saw him and went closer to him.

“Doctor! How is he? Is he going to be okay?!”

The doctor let out the deep sigh before saying something.

“I’m sorry to say this, miss, but it looks like his disease is getting worse.”

Minyoung getting shock from she was just heard. What?! Disease?! What disease?! What happen to him?! “What do you mean?”

“I mean that his cancer is starting to get worse and he couldn’t live much longer. I predict that he just has about a month to live.”

Minyoung’s hand closes which is wide open from the shock. Cancer?! A month?! She couldn’t believe of what she just heard. All this while Taekwoon has been secretly hide his disease from her. And all this time she had been with him and she doesn’t know it. Her legs suddenly lose the strength and she fell on her knees. The doctor and the nurse at her side grab her arm to avoid her from fall. Her tears drop from her eyes and she start to sob hard.

Oppa, why are you doing this?!! Why you hide your illness from me?! Why?! You are dying for this whole time and you never told me?! Why, oppa?! Why?!!

Minyoung couldn’t believe what is happening just now. Who knew that she will found out that the man that she loves was suffer physically and mentally all this time and soon will be gone forever one day. She couldn’t bear to imagine her life without him. She hopes that what she feel now just a dream but unfortunately, it is really happening and she can’t change that. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bruno Mars - Talking to the Moon

DBSK - Darkness Eyes