Chapter 7

Falling in Love Again

 

At hospital...

Hongbin rushed to the hospital corridor and run as fast as he can. He just got call from Minyoung about Taekwoon is in hospital right now after he was groaned with pain and became unconscious this morning. Suddenly, the feeling of fear strikes in his heart. Does she already know about it?! Does she already found out?!

Hongbin is still in his deep thought until he realized that he already reaching at Intensive Care Unit.

The moment when he opens the door, he saw Minyoung sit at Taekwoon’s side while holding his hand tightly. Taekwoon is lying on the bed, completely motionless with oxygen mask on his face and a few tubes that already injecting at the back of his hands. She is crying heavily even the whole room is echoed by her sobbing voice.

The view of both of them makes Hongbin’s heart feel hurt. He doesn’t know how to explain to Minyoung about how he kept silent about Taekwoon’s illness from her. Deep inside of him, he felt guilty for what happened between them.

“Minyoung-ah.”

Minyoung turn her head and saw Hongbin.

“Oppa…”

She gets up from her seat and approach Hongbin. She reaches her hand at Hongbin’s waist and hugs him tightly. “Taekwoon oppa is sick for all this time… Cancer… And the doctor said he only has a month to live…” Hongbin couldn’t react anymore. He already knew that about it. And she also already knew it too. But the different is he already knew it few months ago but for Minyoung, just few hours ago.

In other word, there’s no hiding anymore. She must know the truth.

Without hesitation, he grabs Minyoung’s arms and make a few inch distance between them and confess it. “Minyoung-ah. Before I tell you everything about this, I just want to say that… please forgive me, Minyoung.” Minyoung puzzled with his word.

“What do you mean?”

Hongbin take a deep breath and let out a sigh. “Actually, I already know about Taekwoon hyung’s illness few months ago.”

Minyoung couldn’t believe what she just heard. He already knows about this?!

“That time I went to his house because he called me told me that he wants me to come. He sounded like he was so desperate. That’s when I learned that he was dying. At first, I want to tell you immediately that time. But, Taekwoon hyung want me to keep it a secret from you because he doesn’t want you to feel hurt because of him.”

Minyoung just stand in front of Hongbin, hearing his confession.

“Of course I really want to tell you about this. But, he begged me many times to not to tell you about this yet. He said that he want to spend his whole remaining time that he has with you just to make sure you wouldn’t feel too grief after he’s gone. I don’t know if you aware or not, the reason why he always spend every day, every time that he has with you is because he want to make sure that all the things that he want to do with you must be done before he die. He want to prepare for any worse thing because he’s afraid that you might be feel unbearable that you might be forgot the precious moments you both had together.”

Minyoung couldn’t say anything.

“I’m sorry, Minyoung. I know it must be hard to you. I’m really sorry.”

Hongbin lower his head and couldn’t take a look at her eyes.

They both just stand there about a few second until suddenly Minyoung hit him on his chest. She hit him a few times before she let out her words.

“So, that’s why you agreed with his demand? You will not tell me anything about this till the end? After he will be gone forever?”

Hongbin couldn’t say anything. The only word comes out from his “I’m sorry…”

“Sorry?! Is that what you can say?! Sorry?!”

Minyoung couldn’t control her feeling right now. Thinking about how Hongbin being secretive toward her is enough to upset her.

“You guys should told me about this earlier! For months I'm with him and I don't know aything! I'm feel like a fool right now, do you know that?! I really don't know anything about this! And you should told me!"

Hongbin look at her and his guilty start to feel grow inside of him. She's right. He should told her...

"He said he want to go without make me sad? He is wrong! And you are totally wrong!

How can I go on living without him?!

Why both of you have to keep quite about this?!

I'm his girlfriend! Why he need to do this?!

You are his close friend! Why didn't you say anything?!

Oh God! Why?! Why he has to suffer like this?! I love him! I don't want to lose him!

Why?... Why you have to do this for me?... Taekwoon oppa...”

 

Minyoung’s voice become low as she used all her energy while grab Hongbin's shirt and scream all she want.

Minyoung’s body start to feels weak after she let out all of her frustration and she is about to fall but luckily Hongbin managed to grab her. He holds her waist and her arm and brings her to the couch at the corner of the room. He let Minyoung rest at his side and caress her back.

Minyoung doesn’t reject Hongbin’s kindness to her this time eventhough with the truth that she just heard. She feels too tired now and she needs someone for to her lean on, to be comfort by someone. They just stay like that for long time, hoping for Taekwoon to wake up again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Super Junior - Don't Leave Me