Chapter 3

Falling in Love Again

It has been few months after Hongbin learned about Taekwoon’s illness. However, Taekwoon, Minyoung and Hongbin are continuing their day as usual.

During the day they went to class as usual. As for Taekwoon, after finishing his class he went to play soccer with his friends before he meet Minyoung. Minyoung who still doesn’t realized about Taekwoon’s health still spending her time with Taekwoon at the café, park and any other place almost every day after her music lessons.

While as for Hongbin, he went to photography class after he finished his classes. To be truth, Hongbin is still worried of Taekwoon and Minyoung. As much as he keep his promise to Taekwoon to cover his illness from Minyoung, but he is also feeling guilty toward her. He doesn’t know if what he did was right. Because he knows what it feels like when he lost someone that he loves. The moment when he starts to remember her, his eyes started to become teary. It’s been years since it happened but he still feels that it was happened yesterday.

 

At soccer field…

The field was hectic with a few people having a game on that evening. There are two teams that are playing on the field. One of the team is led by Taekwoon. It is a normal that the field will be visited by few students for having soccer training every Friday evening. There are some students who were just happened passing by will stop by to watch it.

The moment when Taekwoon kick the ball at the corner of the field and it went inside to the net, all of his teammate screams of joy. About 4 or 5 people went to him and hug him. “Good job, Leo! You are definitely our captain!” Taekwoon smile at his friend’s compliment. Leo is his popular name in soccer team. He is known for his skills and leadership in his team. To make it short, he is the ace of his college soccer team.

During the half-time break, Taekwoon suddenly started to feel dizzy. He shook his head a little bit before he chunk some water, hoping that it will disappear for a moment. But, it’s getting worse. His view starting to become blur and he couldn’t see clearly what’s in front of him. He closes his eyes tightly and sits at the bench with his hand grab his head. One of his teammate starting to realised Taekwoon’s weird behaviour and sit at his side.

“Leo-hyung, are you alright?”

“Ne. I’m okay. I’m just feeling a little bit dizzy.”

“If you feel uncomfortable, I can tell the coach to give you some rest.”

“No, I’m fine. I’m okay. Really.”

As soon as they heard the whistle blow, they get up from the bench and went to the field. However, the moment when Taekwoon step on the field, his head started to feel pain. He groans a bit and grabs his head. The pain is too strong and he couldn’t stand it anymore. His heartbeat starting to beating fast and he is having difficult to breath. His eyes started to become more blur and then blank. Taekwoon’s body fell on the field. The soccer players and the coach who saw that were run toward Taekwoon. They scream his name and try to wake him up but he doesn’t response. He just lies there with his eyes completely close. The moment when he opens his eyes, he found out he was in the ambulance with the paramedic try to save him and put the oxygen mask on his face.

 

At hospital…

Minyoung rushed to the lift as soon as she went inside of the automatic door. She just got called from Hongbin, said that Taekwoon is in the hospital. She is completely worried and prays that nothing happened to him.

The moment when the lift open, she run to the receptionist.

“Excuse me, miss!”

“Yes, miss?”

“Can I know where the room of patient named Jung Taekwoon?”

“Just a moment.”

The woman in nurse uniform is starting to check the record of the room.

“Room 607.”

“Thank you.”

She ran to the corridor and searches the room. Please. Please let nothing happened to him.

As soon as she find the room she open it and saw Hongbin sit on the chair while Taekwoon is lying on the bed. Both of them look at the door and saw Minyoung. Her face looks so terrified.

“Oppa!” Minyoung rush to Taekwoon’s side.

“Oppa, are you alright?! What happened? Did you hurt during your soccer training?!” Minyoung almost want to cry. Seeing her boyfriend lying on the hospital bed is already made her scared.

“No. I’m okay. I’m just a little bit tired. It looks like I push myself too hard on training.”

Taekwoon’s calm voice convinced Minyoung that he’s alright and she let out a relief sigh.

“Do you know how worried I am when Hongbin called me said that you are in hospital because you were fainted during training?! I’m really scared! I was in my class for my music lesson but I have to leave early because I’m worried to death!”

Taekwoon caressed Minyoung’s cheek softly with his left hand while his other hand grabs her right hand.

“I’m okay. The doctor said I just need some rest. That’s all. It’s not that bad. I’m sorry for making you worried.” Taekwoon try to sooth her that everything is going to fine.

Taekwoon’s words are enough to put Minyoung at ease alittle bit. She finally sit at Taekwoon's side in a comfortable position.

“Oppa, please take care of yourself a little bit. I know you like soccer but you also have to take care of your health. Move your body out of limit is dangerous.”

Taekwoon smile at Minyoung. “I know. I won’t do it again. Thank you, Minyoung.”

Minyoung smile at Taekwoon back. She knows Taekwoon meaning it. “Are you hungry? I can buy some food at cafeteria.”

“No, it’s okay.”

“Well, I will buy some drink then. Hongbin oppa, what about you?”

“No, thanks.”

Minyoung went out of the room and head to the cafeteria.

After she went out, Hongbin look at Taekwoon.

“Are you sure with what you doing, hyung? I think you should tell her.”

“No. Not now. Don’t you see? As soon you tell her I’m at hospital, she was acting like she saw something that terrifying her. Like she will lose me. What would she react if she know about it?”

Hongbin couldn’t argue anymore.

“Please, Hongbin. Don’t tell her yet. It will kill her inside. I only have few months to live but that’s more than enough for me. I want to spend all my remaining time with her. I don’t want to make her to always remember the sad moment after I leave. That’s all I ask for you.”

Hongbin couldn’t speak up. He saw how determine Taekwoon are in his eyes. As his friend, he has to agree with him. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Poets of the Fall - Carnival of Rust

Backstreet Boys - Incosolable