The Story

My Lovable Girl Part 2
XSYKOTICA
The Story
The Story

Krystal sat at the beach, forlornly staring at the crashing waves. She breathed in the cool, salty breeze as her mind flashed back to the hour before, when Rain had rejected her. It had been rather awkward between them after the confession but Myungsoo had saved the day by calling her. They had arranged to meet at the beach and he was on the way there. Tears spilled out of her eyes as her dreams crashed completely and she chided herself for being silly enough to ever imagine that Rain would like her. Myungsoo ran over, and sat down next to her panting. She was so lost in her thoughts she failed to notice him, and Myungsoo didn't want to disturb her. He sat silently next to her, observing her wet eyes and windblown hair. He noticed also that her hands were trembling and that she looked pale. He took off his jacket and placed it around her gently, which finally caused her to notice his presence. "Omo, Oppa when did you come? Have you been sitting there for a long time?" He shook his head and smiled at her. "Are you feeling okay?" She shook her head slowly and avoided his gaze. "I'm just...very disappointed, I guess. Also oppa, I told Bi oppa that I was practicing my confession to you...I hope you don't mind..." His immediate reaction would be to whoop in happiness but he restrained himself. Now wasn't the time to confess to her, not yet anyway. He nodded. "It's okay, I understand." Krystal sighed heavily, but plastered a smile on her face once again. "Enough about me, I don't want to talk about tonight again. Tell me a story!" She lay her head on his shoulder casually, unaware of the whirl of emotions she had caused in Myungsoo. He tried to push her away by saying, "Yah this is a public place, do you want to be on newspaper covers?" She refused to get up and laughed instead. "It's the middle of the night we're too dark to see anyway." He stayed silent, unable and unwilling to rebutt her. Her body heat warmed up the cool night, and as per her request, he began to talk. "There was a boy, who was bullied by his schoolmates because he was a quiet boy. He had been beaten up and left in the park that night. At that moment however, an angel came along and made everything better. Her small act of kindness reminded the boy that there were still good people in this world, and this enabled him to go on living. He never forgot that girl and when he went into the working world, he searched all over for her. He finally decided to enter the entertainment industry, so that when he was popular and on tv, the girl would one day see him and find him. That was always his motivation and his fantasy." 

Krystal was silent, the story strangely familiar to her. She looked at Myungsoo intently, who was lost in his recollection. He had an unreadable expression on his face, but his deep eyes were filled with both happiness and anguish. "The boy ended up meeting the girl in a totally unexpected place but they could never be together, because of the girl's identity. He stayed near her from then on, doing his best to take care of her, just as she had taken care of him that fateful night. He never overstepped his boundaries, partially because she had a crush on another man, but also because he was happy enough to be near to her, to know her, even if she didn't remember him." His voice trailed off at the end and he stared at the crashing waves soundlessly. Krystal asked suddenly, "What did the girl do that was so significant? Why did she stay in the boy's memory for such a long time?" 

Myungsoo turned towards her as he realised the intent of her question. He had a nagging doubt that she could have remembered him, and he was unwilling to potentially break their friendship by his confession. "She didn't do anything, really, it was just the kindness behind it that the boy remembered." He answered vaguely. She nodded absentmindly. "That story you just told me...it was just fantasy right? It wasn't your real life story?" Myungsoo shook his head quickly, not wanting her to go on suspecting. "I just came up with a random story haha wasn't it nice?" Krystal didn't answer this time, lost in her own memories. She took out her purse and the guitar keychain that she kept on her purse. "It's just that...many years ago...I remember seeing a boy at the park when I was on holiday in Seoul. He had bruises on his face and he was sitting under a tree, it was the saddest thing I ever saw. The boy stayed in my memory although he never said a word, because all his emotions were conveyed through his eyes, which were the most beautiful pair of eyes I had ever seen. Kind of...kind of like yours...actually." She looked into Myungsoo's eyes while she spoke, suddenly becoming aware that his eyes were indeed similar to the eyes of the boy. She wondered why she had never noticed before. 

Myungsoo's eyes filled up with tears and his hands began to shake. Before Krystal could ask him what was wrong, he reached into his pocket and slowly retrived his key pouch, on which there was a guitar chain. Hesitantly, he removed the keychain and slowly handed it to Krystal. 

*Hey everyone! Thank you for reading and subscribing hehehe please do leave comments (be it good or bad, but pls haha constructive criticism!) Thank you  and I hope you enjoy the story :)