The Lie

My Lovable Girl Part 2
XSYKOTICA
The Lie
The Lie

Rain stared at her for a long while, unsure of how to reject her nicely. However, it turned out that it wasn't necessary. Krystal had observed his gaze carefully right after her confession, and his immediate reaction, unfortunately for Krystal, was one of rejection. It was written all over his face, which he tried to mask with a smile, but it was too late. Her expression stiffened for a moment but she quickly tried to ease the awkwardness by breaking out into laughter. "Oppa, did you see your expression? It was priceless! Did you think that it was real?" Rain relaxed visibly and he chuckled slightly to make her less embarassed as well. Krystal felt mortified and the rejection hung heavily over her. She closed her eyes quickly and when she opened them, her disappointment was no longer obvious. She tried to hide her true feelings by quickly coming up with a story for Rain. "Oppa, it wasn't real, but I was planning to really confess to someone...I was just trying those lines on you...I hope he doesn't respond that way." Rain leaned in and asked Krystal curiously. "Who is that lucky guy?" Right at that moment, Myungsoo texted her, so she sprouted out the first guy that came to mind. "Myungsoo oppa. Ahh this is so embarassing..." Rain clapped his hands in delight and wished her all the best. He even gave her dating advice, all of which she listened to politely with a smile, but was not actually listening. Her heart was breaking too much inside. The couple did not notice that Sungyeol, who was standing near to them greeting a customer overheard their conversation in great interest. Once he had settled the customer, he ducked into the kitchen and texted Myungsoo. 

SY: Yah, did you just get yourself a new girlfriend?? Why did you not tell me? 

L: What girlfriend? 

SY: Krystal and Rain hyung came to the cafe today for dinner! I was standing near them and overheard them talking about how Krystal was going to confess to you! 

Myungsoo stared at his phone in confusion. He knew for a fact that Krystal liked Rain and she had even told him several times about her plan to confess to Rain. How did the tables turn so quickly? He knew instinctively then that Krystal had probably said that as an excuse, which was a sure sign that her confession did not go well. Without a moment's hesitation, he dialled her number. 

*Hey everyone! Thank you for reading and subscribing hehehe please do leave comments (be it good or bad, but pls haha constructive criticism!) Thank you  and I hope you enjoy the story :)