Leaks

PROTOTYPE NO. 1132518 A.M.B.E.R.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LUHAN POV

 

“Uncle, I’m sorry.” I said as I hung my head low, not daring to look at Uncle Siwon straight in the eye. I was too ashamed for breaking my promise to him to watch after Amber and make sure nothing bad happens to her. But here we are, in his laboratory trying to sort out our current situation. Amber was fine after ‘drowning’. She was a bit disoriented and out of herself for a few hours but other than reciting a few binary codes out of the blue, she was okay. Still, I was afraid I might have lost someone’s trust.

“It’s alright. Things such as this quite unavoidable and I don’t blame you Luhan. You’ve done a great job.” He smiled. “However, we’ll have to avoid these situations from happening again…” His smile faded as he stared at the Amber who was sitting on a stool, listening to the both of us.

“I’m afraid I’ll have to give her strength back.” Siwon said in a sad tone.

“Oh.” That was all that came out of my mouth. I understood why he sounded so gloomy when he said he’ll have to give his niece her inhuman strength back to her. For him, it was like depriving her of the chance of living a normal life as a normal girl. She was already one step towards that happy life she and Uncle Siwon had always dreamed of but now, they’ll have to take a step back. I also understood why he had to. It was because he had no other choice than to do so rather than risking being found out by the wrong people at the wrong time. A simple accident such as the one that happened at the pool could give us away. Luckily, nobody seemed to notice Amber’s odd behavior after the accident but still, we wouldn’t want to take any chances. Uncle Siwon went to the glass cabinet and took another syringe containing the liquid. He took Amber arm positioned the syringe.

“I’m sorry, Amber.” He whispered as he injected it into her skin and her eyes slowly changed color. He went to his computer and loaded the program and adjusted her strength to what it was before. After saving the changes, he logged out the computer and went to Amber whose eyes were already changing back to the normal brown hue.

Amber looked at us and stared at the floor with her dead eyes.

“I’m abnormal again, aren’t I?” she asked not even lifting her head.

“Amber…” Uncle Siwon wasn’t even able to finish what he had to say when Amber suddenly got up and walked out of the laboratory. The both of us weren’t able to say a word. We were both unaware of what to say and how to react.

Amber just showed an emotion.

But she was upset.

 

AMBER POV

 

I went up to my room after leaving the laboratory. I had this strange burning feeling in my chest. It was new and it was weird and I didn’t like it. It made my chest feel heavy with an unseen presence Whatever it was, it wasn’t good. I felt like if I didn’t leave Luhan and Uncle Siwon immediately, I could’ve hurt them. I felt like I needed an outlet to get this strange feeling out. I suddenly had the urge to destroy something. Maybe break an item just to release what I might be feeling right now. If I hadn’t left the laboratory, that broken item could’ve been Luhan’s or Uncle Siwon’s neck. I suddenly felt my cheeks burn up. Was I over heating? How could I be? Suddenly, I felt hot liquid coming out of my eyes. I freaked out when I touched my face only to find that it was wet with the water that spilled from my eyes. I dropped on my knees as I felt droplets of water on my palm.

“Luhan!!! Uncle Siwon!!!” My breath hitched in my throat. I couldn’t stop the water from flowing in tiny drops trickling down my cheeks and the heavy feeling in my chest wasn’t getting any better.

“Uncle S-Siwon!!” I stuttered as stared at my hands which were wet with the water. My breathing was becoming irregular as I heard footsteps running down the hall. My door flung open as Luhan and Uncle Siwon stood in the doorway.

“Uncle Siwon… Luhan…” I stared at them.

“Amber..” Luhan said in a barely audible whisper.

“Why am I leaking?!” I yelled. Uncle Siwon ran to my side as he grabbed his handkerchief and wiped my face.

“Amber, you weren’t leaking. You were crying.” He smiled.

“Crying? The water… those were tears??” I asked, calming a bit now.

“Yes.” He smiled again.

“What.. Wh- How??” I asked, confused.

“I have absolutely no idea Amber but this is an improvement.”  Uncle Siwon said as he helped me up from the floor. I sat on the bed beside Uncle Siwon while Luhan took a small stool and sat by the bed while he massaged my hands. However, he immediately took his hand away when he suddenly felt an electric shock because of coming in contact with my wet skin.

“There are still complications when you come in contact with water but at least, this is a good sign. You can cry Amber. It’s a sign that you are slowly developing emotions.” Uncle Siwon explained.

“She’s developing emotions?” Luhan smiled as he stared at Uncle Siwon with his bright, innocent orbs.

“Does this mean I’m slowly becoming a human?” I asked, filled with hopes of being normal.

“Yes.”

 

 

TABLO POV

“Minju-ah.” I called her name across the long dining table that only the both of us shared. I know Minju had been causing trouble at school but her biggest issue was the most recent one she had. Usually, I  would just let her mistakes slide but this time, it’s different.  Trying to kill a classmate is different.

“Minju.” I called her name in a stern voice. “Would you mind explaining your side of the story?” I asked trying to pry an answer from her.  I heard her ‘drop’ her utensils on her plate which made an annoying sound. I glared at her as she did the same from across the table.

“I told you dad. I don’t like her.” She said in a Matter-of-factly tone.

“But Minju-ah, how many times do I have to remind you that you must not follow what I do at work and apply them at school?” I asked in a softer voice.

“I know that but I just can’t help it. I dislike her to the point where I totally want to annihilate her.” My daughter whined. “Can’t you get a laser beam gun for me so that I can totally pulverize her?” She pouted. Sometimes it’s scary how such a cute being like her can conjure up such morbid thoughts in her head.

“ What? Who is this classmate you the so much? Why?” I asked with curiosity. Deep down, I was filled with happiness after finding out that my daughter really does take after me. Evil really does run in the family.

“She’s Amber.” She said.

Wait, haven’t I heard t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter