The Humanoid Project

PROTOTYPE NO. 1132518 A.M.B.E.R.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

SIWON POV

 

I peeked through the stage curtains and watched as scientists and businessmen who came from different places around the globe slowly filed into the small auditorium. I heaved a nervous sigh as I stepped back and turned my gaze towards the coffin-like glass chamber which I brought along with me. I crouched down and opened the glass lid and white smoke instantly fizzed out of the opening. I placed the lid on the floor and waited.

Sure enough, as if she just woke up, Amber sat up and stretched her arms up in the air while yawning. She turned her head towards me while rubbing her sleepy eyes. Her brown irises turned purplish blue for a moment and returned back to normal as she blinked the color and drowsiness away. She stared blankly at me before she finally decided to speak up.

“ Uncle, is this the place?” she asked curiously.

“ Yes, this is it Amber. Are you ready?” I asked, concerned.

“ I always am, uncle.” She said as she smiled but that smile showed no signs of joy and happiness nor wasn’t her smile bitter. It was an emotionless smile. I sighed at the thought and motioned for her to stand up which she obediently followed. I led her to a high chair at the center of the stage which is still hidden by the curtains and told her to sit there.

“ Are you comfortable there Amber?” I asked and she just nodded.

“ Okay, I’ll go now. You just sit there okay?” again, she nodded.

I looked at her for a moment and headed to the curtain. I looked back at her and finally made my way on the stage and to the podium waiting for me. I tapped the microphone to see if it was working well. The people in the auditorium heard the tapping noise and they immediately settled on their seats. After I was sure that the mic was working I proceeded to my agenda for today.

“ Good day to all of you present today, I would like to introduce myself, Choi Siwon, a scientist. I worked in the International Science Research Team before but retired after a decade to start my own experiments and inventions. Now, after many long years of toil and hard work, I am ready to present to you something which may be the next big break in the field of Science.” I said as I looked at the audience who were listening intently to me.

“ Presenting, PROTOTYPE NO.1132518…” I said as the curtains were drawn to reveal Amber, sitting on the high chair on the center of the stage. I heard gasps and whispers from my audience as Amber stood up from her seat and walked towards me . She stopped at my side and faced the audience.

“ This is my niece, PROTOYPE NO.1132518 also known as Amber.” I announced proudly.

“ Niece? What is so special about this girl? How can you say that she is an invention?” a scientist from the back asked.

“ Yes, Siwon, I thought it would be a major ‘break through’ in the field?” a businessman mocked while making invisible quotation marks in the air using his two fingers.

“ She is not really an invention. She is a product of an invention that failed and produced something better. She is not fully a robot, rather I’d like to call her, a Humadroid. Half human, half machine.” I replied. Again, whispers were heard all around.

“ So, tell us about her.” Another businessman said.

“ Okay, so, this.” I said as I extended my palm towards my niece.

“ You see, the human body is the most complex system there is. My sole mission is to unlock and unravel the secrets that our bodies have in store. With the help of my studies using Humadroids, I may just be able to formulate cures for unknown diseases or maybe learn new things about how emotions and thoughts work. ” I said.

“ Humadroids? are there others like her?” a scientist asked.

“ Yes, but the rest are currently shut down and neutralized. Amber is the best model I have.” I said.

“ I have not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter