Electronic

PROTOTYPE NO. 1132518 A.M.B.E.R.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR  POV

 

“Hurry up, we’re going to be late!” A young school girl told her companion on the sidewalk. It was Monday again and the students were rushing to school. Luhan and Amber seems to be the only ones who are relaxed while walking towards the school because Luhan disliked running to school on Mondays. He never liked the sweat on his forehead making his hair stick to his skin and he never liked the way he gets breathless after running. Luhan loved looking cool and being seen as a manly and chill guy.   Amber and Luhan finally arrived at the school gates and went to their homeroom. Both arrived to a room filled with students waiting for class to start. They went to their respective desks and prepared a few textbooks. Luhan fiddled with his phone while Amber sat on her chair looking around at the other students. Kris and the rest of the group arrived a few minutes later which added to the noisy bustle in the classroom.

“Good morning.” Xiumin said as he took his place beside the girl.

“Good morning.” Amber politely replied.

“Hey.” Kris suddenly spoke beside her.

“Hi.” She said as she looked up at him, towering above her desk.

“Hi.” He said as he awkwardly shuffled in his seat.

Miss Ailee came in for homeroom and started appointing jobs for the upcoming school festival. Everybody was supposed to present something on stage and it was up to the students if they want to have it individually or by pairs or groups. Everybody was shuffling here and there when Miss Ailee left them to practice.

“Um, Amber, would you like to perform with me?” Kris asked.

“Yeah sure.” Amber replied.

“What are we going to do?” He asked.

“Maybe we can compose a song and sing.” She said.

“That’s a great idea but I’m not much of a singer. Maybe I could rap while you sing?” he suggested.

“Okay.” She said.

“When can we practice?” Kris asked.

“Maybe my place or your place if that’s fine.” She said.

“Yeah, I guess that would be good. I’d love to see your home.” Kris smiled.

“We can do it alternately like tomorrow we can practice at my house and then the next day we’ll be at your place.” She suggested.

“Then it’s fixed.” He smiled.

Little did they know that someone was watching them enviously from the other side of the room.

 

After recess, their PE teacher came into the room. He stood in front of the class wearing his plain white t-shirt and jogging pants. He was quite fit for a man his age. Although he wasn’t dressed in a fancy tux, he flaunted an authoritative vibe yet he wasn’t able to catch the attention of the noisy students in the room. He blew his whistle to gain everyone’s attention which actually did and even garnered murmured curses from the young audience.

“Good morning class 10A. “ he smiled as he dropped his whistle to dangle on the string around his neck.

“Good Morning Mr. Kim.” The students chorused.

“Are you ready for your first swimming class today?” He asked.

“Yes sir!” Some students happily chorused while a few others grumbled in their seats. Luhan who has been silent the whole time looked at his “cousin” who was busy talking with Kris, as usual. He pulled out a white envelope and went up to the teacher. He handed the envelope to Mr. Kim who gave him a puzzled look. “It’s an excuse letter for Amber Liu.” He said in a low voice that only the teacher could hear. Mr. Kim opened the letter and read it. He gave a nod to Luhan when he saw the signatures below the letter. It was signed by Amber’s guardian, Mr. Choi and it was also approved by the principal himself. Luhan casually went back to his seat. He was glad that he was able to warn Uncle Siwon about their upcoming swimming classes a week earlier. Otherwise, he would’ve had a difficult time explaining to the teacher and his friends.

“Okay class, we have two PE periods today. Let’s all head to the pool and everybody must get ready.” He announced. The students gathered their valuables and headed to the pool. As the students filed out, Mr. Kim called Amber’s attention. “Ms. Liu, I understand that you are excused for swimming activities. Don’t worry because I won’t be deducting any points . I’ll just give you special projects for your grade.” He smiled. “Thank you Mr. Kim.” she said. “Just sit at the benches while we have the class okay?” the teacher said. “Yes Mr. Kim.” Amber bowed politely to the man and headed for the door to follow her classmates.  

 

 

 

At the pool, everybody hurried to the locker rooms to change into their swimming attire. Kris and the boys were on the other side of the pool adjacent to Amber. They were busy with their stretching exercises before they could enter the water to avoid muscle cramps. Amber was just sitting on a bench as she watched the other students prepare for their activity. He was observing her when Xiumin went to his side.

“Ya, what are you looking at?” Xiumin elbowed him.

“N-Nothing.” He replied, unsure of what to say.

“You’re stuttering again.” Tao commented as he passed behind them to get his goggles.

“Why isn’t Amber joining in us Luhan?” Chen asked as he did his jumping jacks.

“Uh.. ah…” Luhan struggled to come up with an excuse. “I.. I really don’t know the details but um…, Uncle said that it was some kind of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter