One of the Boys

PROTOTYPE NO. 1132518 A.M.B.E.R.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: Lots of swearing xD

AMBER POV

I stuck to Luhan the entire morning. The new environment was really strange. I know what a school would look like but it felt strange being here for real. People were staring whenever we would pass by and whisper things like,

“What a .”

”Why is she with Luhan?”

“That’s Lulu’s cousin.. Tsk tsk.”

I couldn’t understand what they were saying.

“We’re going to the cafeteria, Amber. It’s already lunch time.” Luhan said.

“Okay.” I replied as I followed him through the hallway.

We entered the place he called ‘cafeteria’ which was filled with so many people. They were carrying trays with food on it. Oh, so the cafeteria is where they recharge themselves with food, I thought. Luhan and I went to a table at the far corner of the cafeteria and I spotted Luhan’s friends already eating their lunches.

“I’m so hungry!” Luhan exclaimed and he practically dragged me towards the table. When we reached the table, Luhan and his friends greeted each other.

“Guys, this is my cousin, Amber. Amber, these are my friends.” Luhan smiled. “This is Lay, Suho, Chen, Kai, Kyungsoo and Kris.” He said as he gestured towards the guy who was nearest to his left and enumerated their names towards the last one at the edge of the table. He turned to his right and patted the a guy on his shoulder. “ This is Tao, Xiumin and Sehun while the guy beside him is Chanyeol and the last one is Baekhyun.” He finished. Lay and Suho were the first to say ‘Hi’ while some others followed.

Luhan held my wrist and led me to an empty seat beside a boy whom he introduced earlier as Baekhyun. He had darkly-rimmed eyes which caused me to look at him. He probably noticed I was staring and so did the guy beside him who had this weird-looking grin named Chanyeol.

“Why are you staring?” The guy asked.

“What’s wrong with your eyes?” I asked. He let out an exaggerated gasp and rummaged his bag immediately. He took out a small mirror and checked his face.

“Nothing’s wrong with my eyes. It’s just the eyeliner.” He said.

“I know it’s called eyeliner. But, you’re a guy.” I said.

“He thinks it makes him look prettier.” The guy beside him said.

“Cooler, Chanyeol. The eyeliner makes me look cooler.” He corrected. “I’m Baekhyun by the way.” He said as he extended his hand towards me.

“Amber.” I said as I shook his hand.

“I’m Chanyeol.” The other guy just waved.

“I know your names already.” I said as I watched a girl from the other table taking pictures with her phone. I searched my bag for my own phone which uncle $iwon gave me last Saturday. He said I need it to ‘blend in’.

“We know. Just in case you’d forget.” Chanyeol laughed.

“I won’t. It’s already in my memory.” I said.

 

LUHAN POV

I almost choked on the water I was drinking when I heard what Amber said.

“She’s such a joker, right?” I laughed nervously. That was probably the lamest excuse joke because the table suddenly fell silent. I thought Amber didn’t notice the awkward atmosphere since she was fiddling with her phone. Suho hyung was the one to break the ice.

“Amber, why aren’t you eating?” He asked.

“I don’t eat.” She said.

Oh my god.

“What she meant was that, she’s on a diet.” I covered up.

“Oh, I see.” Suho said.

Whew.

 

KRIS POV

I have to admit. Amber really is a nice girl. I kind of regret being rude to her on our first meeting. I was startled that she actually said ‘hi’ but what startled me more was that when I cursed at her, she just took it easily as if nothing happened and turned to pay attention to our teacher. I haven’t known her for too long and we barely even talk to each other but I feel like I kind of like her because she’s different. There’s something about her that makes her unique from the other girls. Unlike the others, she doesn’t seem to be head over heels for any of us. She would just hang around but not to the extent wherein she would get rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter