Interlude: Ashley's Thoughts

Unspoken I Love Yous

A player they called him. A womanizer they called him. This is why Ashley hated the entertainment industry. No one really knew the truth. Jihoon was not a bad person. Granted his recent life choices were questionable they didn’t make him a bad guy. They didn’t know how Jihoon was before. 

“Jihoon~ah.” Eunb sang.

Jihoon looked up from his phone where he was in an intense battle with Zuny, playing an online interactive game.

“Yes?”

“Take a picture with me.” Eunb smiled snatching his phone and opening up his instagram.

“I don’t wanna.”

“Stop being so grumpy all the time.”

“I’m not grumpy!” He huffed. “You’re just too happy. Your energy drains mine.”

“That’s why we’re such a good match. My happy balances out your grumpiness.”

“I’m not grumpy!”

A small smile began to grow on the young mans features but he didn’t want to let Eunb win… Not yet anyways.

“Just take a picture with her Jihoon. She won’t leave you alone unless you do.” Ashley groaned in annoyance.

Eunb and Jihoon liked teasing each other and would sometimes let it go on for hours, hence Ashley’s annoyance.  

“I don’t like pictures…” He continued.

“You take pictures with me.” Risae interjected.

“What?!” Eunb yelled. “You take pictures with Risae? Why won’t you take any with me?”

“Because I actually like Risae.” He teased.

“We know.” Sojung scoffed. “Besides Eunb, I don’t think you want to be apart of Risae and Jihoons photo shoots.”

Jihoon looked horrified while Risae, quite enjoying Sojungs joke, laughed until she was in tears.

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“Just take the damn picture.” Jihoon mumbled.

Eunb grinned and hopped onto Jihoons lap.

“Smile.”

-----------------------------

They didn’t know how caring he was.

“Why do they make us wear shorts when it’s winter?” Zuny whined. “I’m freezing.”

The stylists had reasoned that even though it was winter and this was an outside event they would only be in the cold for their 3-minute performance and that they’d be okay. Too bad they had forgot to get coats for the girls. Jihoon came bounding up behind the 5 girls with an armful of blankets.

“Look what I found.” He grinned tossing each girl a blanket.

Unfortunately he had only been able to steal 4 from the event staff. Jihoon took off his own warm jacket and placed it over Ashleys shoulders.

“There. Everybody’s good right?”

“You’re going to be cold you idiot.” Sojung said.

“I’ll be fine.” He smiled but his lips were already turning purple.

“You can share my blanket.” Risae stated opening her arms and wrapping the young man up with her.

“This isn’t the first time you’ve shared a blanket is it?” Zuny smirked.

“Why you little.”

Jihoon tried to find his way out of the blanket but Risae tightened her grip on him.

“Just leave her be. It’s not like she’s wrong.”

“What?!” Ashley yelled.

“What? You never share blankets when you watch movies? Rude Ashley. Rude.” Risae giggled.

-----------------------------

They didn’t know how he took care of her when she was sick.

“Seriously go away. My members won’t even come near me right now.”

“They’re traitors.” He laughed. “You can’t get rid of me Ash. I told you, we gotta stick together.”

“I’m going to get you sick.”

“That’s a risk I’m willing to take.”

She did end up getting him sick but he told her he was already sick, not wanting to make her feel any worse than she already did.

-----------------------------

They didn’t know how protective he was.

Ashley was flipping through their schedule for the day, not really paying attention to where she was going. She was suddenly pulled backwards, nearly toppling over if she hadn’t hit the person behind her.

“Jihoon what the hell?”

He raised an eyebrow and looked behind her. When she turned around she was actually thankful he had pulled her back. She had been heading right towards a flight of stairs she hadn’t even noticed.

“By all means. Keep walking.” He smirked.

•-•

“Risae please let me do it. If you fall you’re going to get hurt.”

Risae was standing on a ladder trying to change the light bulb that had burned out in their living room.

“If I fall just catch me.”

 Risae did in fact fall, slipping on one of the rungs as she was climbing down but Jihoon was there to catch her.

“See, it all worked out.” She smiled, kissing his cheek before wandering off down the hallway.

-----------------------------

They didn’t see how he would help them down the steps when they wore heels. They didn’t see how he would comfort Ashley when she missed her family. They didn’t see him buy them whatever they wanted when they went out shopping. They didn’t see him try and teach Eunb English… Which was a sight too see… They didn’t know him. They didn’t know the Jihoon that Ashley knew. What did they know? Nothing.