Red Velvet

Unspoken I Love Yous

“Lets go.” Jihoon said as he entered the living room.

Zuny, Sojung, and Ashley who had been watching TV turned to the young man in confusion.

“Uh, where are we going?” Zuny asked.

“SM.”

“You nearly cut your hand off last night. Can’t you take a day off?” Ashley asked.

“No.”

Jihoon did not wait for Zuny to reply but instead walked out expecting her to follow. And there it was again, the cold distant personality that Ashley hated.

“He’s probably just angry that he had to work today. Don’t worry Unnie I’ll make sure he’s okay.” Zuny reassured before dashing after Jihoon.

Zuny was worried that the conversation her and Sojung had started with him last night was the reason he was acting more distant than usual. She followed him inside the SM building speaking for the first time since they left the apartment.

“Jihoon?”

“Hm?”

“About last night…”

Jihoon stopped dead in his tracks and just stared at the girl, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

“Well… Well… Well… Look who finally decided to show his face again.”

Both Zuny and Jihoon turned to the voice. Zunys hand gripped Jihoons wrist tightly due to her surprise.

“What is wrong with you?” He whispered.

He followed Zunys gaze to where the voice had just come from and it clicked.

“Joohyun Noona.” He bowed making Zuny bow along with him.

“It’s Irene…”

“Right… You remember Zuny?”

Irene looked the younger girl up and down making Zuny shift uncomfortably.

“Ah right, the cute girl from Ladies Code. Nice to see you again.” She smiled.

“You too.” Zuny managed to choke out.

The two were locked in an intense gaze and Jihoon felt somewhat out of place. That was until Seulgi came strutting up next to her leader.

“Unnie it’s rude to stare.” She said interrupting Zuny and Irenes eye contact.

“Ah, yes. You’re right.”

“Jihoon have you comeback to us?” Seugli asked.

“No. Sorry to disappoint but I’m not going to comeback.”

“What a waste.”

Seulgi noticed Irenes expression and figured she’d be nice and help her leader out.
“Jihoon, will you come with me to the dance studio? I want you to go over a dance move with me.”

“Uh, I’d love to Seulgi but I can’t just leave Zuny alone. We have business to attend to anyways.”

“Oh I think you can spare me a few minutes. Besides, Irene Unnie can keep Zuny company, right?”

“I’m sure we can find something to do to occupy our time.” Irene smirked making Zuny go red.

Irene dragged the younger girl down the hallway, disappearing to god knows where.

“Now then. Shall we?”

Jihoon followed Seulgi to the practice room but he was anything but happy about it.

“You know we do actually have work to do. I can’t just fool around with you like I used to.” He huffed taking a seat on the discarded sofa at the back of the practice room.

Seulgi locked the door and then made her way over to Jihoon. She pushed him back against the couch as she straddled his hips, a smile never leaving her face.

“Ah, yes. We used to have so much fun together. Then you went and got a girlfriend and stopped playing with me.”

Jihoons face hardened.

“Cheating is unacceptable.”

“Oh, I agree. I just wish you hadn’t dated her.”

“Why? So I could be with you?”

“That’s not really my style but for you I might have made an exception.”

“I feel so special.” He scoffed.

“You should. Then again I don’t think I could’ve done that to Wendy…”

Jihoons ears perked up at the mention of the girl. Judging by the confused look on his face Seulgi continued her explanation.

“You didn’t know? She hated it when you and I met up. She said that if we kept doing what we were doing one of us was going to end up getting hurt but I think she was talking about herself. I did feel bad when she caught us sneaking off but I couldn’t help myself. You were… kind of addictive…” She whispered the last part, kissing the shell of his ear.

“I thought you wanted to show me a dance…” He said trying to change the subject.

“I think we both know that’s not what I wanted.”

It was true. The minute Seulgi said she wanted to be alone with him, Jihoon knew it wasn’t just to show him some dance. And yet he followed her here anyways, some part of him missing his same aged friend for reasons he couldn’t find an answer too. But he had no objections to voice as the clothes started to come off. None he could think of with his mind clouded by everything that was Kang Seulgi.

---------------------------------------

“You know I was disappointed when you guys stopped promoting. Though I completely understand why you did. I did enjoy watching you perform though.” Irene said as she led Zuny into one of the recording studios.

“I still perform…though it’s mostly in the shower.” Zuny laughed.

“I bet it’s still amazing.” Irene grinned.

“Do you want me to show you right now? I mean we’re in a recording studio…”

Irene leaned in close to Zuny making the younger girl swallow hard.

“You could… Or we could do something else…”

---------------------------------------

“So how many men have you lured in with your Siren song?” Jihoon asked as he rebuttoned his shirt.

“Just you.”

Jihoon raised an eyebrow at the girl but Seulgi just smiled, walking over to comb his hair back into place.

“I did this to you?”

“Don’t give yourself so much credit. It’s true that I haven’t dated anyone but I didn’t date you either. You should probably go find Zuny before Irene scares her away.”

“Irene isn’t scary. She’s a seductress.”

“And you would know.” Seulgi scoffed making Jihoon go quiet. “Oh my god you do know.”

“Hey you know just as well as I do that being a trainee is all work and no fun. Sometimes you have to make your own fun.”

“Oh god… Just go.” Seulgi laughed shoving him out of the practice room.

Jihoon wandered around the halls, reliving his memories as he went. SM had given him his start, whether they were a good company or not it was home. He wasn’t sure where Zuny and Irene were so he figured he’d start with the first recording studio he saw and go from there. Just his luck he found Wendy and Joy.

“Jihoon Oppa? Wow it really is you!” Joy squealed as she jumped to her feet to hug the young man.

Wendy remained seated and instead just stared at her same aged friend, looking as if she’d just seen a ghost.

“Hey Joy, could you do me a favor?”

“Anything!” The younger girl beamed.

“I can’t seem to find Zuny and Irene. I think they’re in another recording studio. Do you know which one she usually goes too?”

“Oh yeah! You stay here. I’ll be right back!” She said dashing out the door.

“Thank you!” He yelled after her.

Jihoon took Joys vacant seat next to Wendy who had since gone back to her work.

“So… what are you working on?” He asked carefully.

“A song.”

Jihoon just nodded not taking his eyes off of her.

“Stop staring at me.”

“I can’t. It’s been a while. I want to remember how you look.”

“I see you’re still as charming as ever.” Wendy scoffed.

“I’m being serious Seunghwan.”

“You could’ve called.” She grumbled.

Wendy turned to face Jihoon and a small smile began to grace her features. She launched herself forward to hug the young man. Even though the position was awkward because they were sitting, Jihoon still found it comforting to hug the shorter girl.

“I missed you…”

“I missed you too.”

Wendy pulled back suddenly, her eyes narrowing in suspicion.

“You already saw Seulgi didn’t you?”

“Uh…”

“You smell like her perfume.”

“Technically she got to me first.”

Wendy pouted and Jihoon leaned in placing his lips on hers.
“I wish it had been you.” He said with a smile.

Wendy was about to reply when Joy came stumbling back into the recording studio.

“My eyes…” She mumbled. “My eyes…”

“Joy?”

“I found them, but at what cost Oppa? At what cost?”

“Is she just being dramatic or…?” Wendy asked.

“I think she may have lost her innocence…”