Morning

Unspoken I Love Yous

The door creaked open letting a sliver of light leak into the dark room as a slim young woman with long brown hair made her way quickly inside as to not awake the young man sleeping inside.

“Jihoon~ah.”

“Jihoon~ah, wake up.”

Receiving no response from the young man the woman felt her way through the darkness, slightly tripping on something she wasn’t quite sure of, towards the window. She whipped open the shades letting the whole room fill with light from the outside world.

“Why are you doing this to me Ash?” Jihoon groaned.

“Because it’s time for you to wake up. I made breakfast. Now get ready or you’ll be late for work.” Ashley replied before bouncing out of the room.

Jihoon quickly made himself ready and stumbled into the kitchen still half asleep.

“Come here. Your shirt isn’t buttoned right.” Ashley said grabbing Jihoon and redoing the top 3 buttons on the young mans shirt.

“Thanks Ash. You’re the best.” He flashed his best smile.

“You know what I don’t understand?” Sojung said, interrupting the duos cute moment.

“Lots of things probably.” Jihoon snickered.

“Oh, ha ha. There are four rooms here right?”

“So you can count.”

“Jihoon…” Ashley warned, placing his plate in front of him.

Sojung shot the younger boy a menacing glare but continued her questioning.

“If there are four rooms why do you sleep in Ashleys room?” Sojung sneered.

Jihoon visibly tensed. Ashley, not liking where this was going, quickly stepped between the two.

“Jihoon is scared of the dark.” She giggled.

Jihoon just nodded in agreement.

“So what’s on the agenda today boss?” Zuny asked popping into the kitchen as she finished rolling her shirtsleeves.

“The usual.” Jihoon replied taking a seat at the table next to the younger girl.

“Sounds lovely.”

“Don’t you two ever get bored of each other?” Sojung asked.

“Not really.” Zuny shrugged.  “Thanks for breakfast Ashley Unnie I’ll see you later!”

Zuny grabbed her things and headed out the apartment door not waiting for Jihoon to follow. The young man brought his cleared plate over to the sink. He grabbed his jacket off the back of his chair, kissing Ashley and Sojungs forehead as he went. Sojung stabbed at him with her chopsticks but Jihoon simply dodged her attack laughing as he made his way out the door.

“Love you Sojung!”

“Yeah… Yeah… Love you too.” She grumbled.

Sojung turned back to the oldest member of the household with a quizzical look.

“He was in an unusually good mood this morning. You haven’t told him yet have you?”

Ashley just shook her head. “I can never find the right time.”

“The longer you wait the harder it’s going to be.”