Dreaming or Awake

Unspoken I Love Yous

Jihoon woke to the feeling of someone combing their fingers through his hair. He rubbed his eyes out of habit. When his eyes finally focused he couldn’t believe them.

“Risae?”

Risae just smiled. Jihoon sat up so fast he nearly knocked their heads together. He looked around and found himself in the Ladies Code dorm. He jumped to his feet and paced around the living room.

“Am I drunk? Am I dreaming? This isn’t real. You’re not real. This can’t be real. Oh my god.”

Jihoon felt a hard smack upside the back of his head. He spun on his heels and found Eunb standing in front of him.

“What? You were acting crazy… The hell we aren’t real…” She said walking over and taking a seat next to Risae.

“So this is real?” He asked.

“Not exactly. You’re dreaming but this is happening.” Risae tried to explain.

Jihoon shifted uncomfortably. It had been quite a long time since he had last seen the two girls and he wasn’t sure what to say.

“So… how are you?”

Eunb took one of the pillows from the couch and threw it at the young man.

“I’d be great if you would stop corrupting my precious Zuny!”

Jihoon caught the pillow and laughed.

“I’m not corrupting her. She has a girlfriend because of me!”

“He’s right you know.” Risae agreed.

“Love is blind.” Eunb huffed.

Jihoon raised an eyebrow in confusion but felt guilty as soon as he saw the silver band perfectly perched on Risaes right ring finger.

“So you’ve been watching?”

His question wasn’t directed at Eunb but that didn’t stop her from answering.

“You didn’t think we’d leave them all alone did you?” Eunb asked.

He shifted his gaze to Risae and she just nodded.

“So when were you going to tell me you were in love with our leader?” Eunb continued to question.

Jihoon looked nervously at Risae.

“I knew.”

His eyes went wide.

“Yeah, she knew. How come I didn’t know?”

“Wait… Risae, you knew?”

“You’re very obvious.”
“I’m sorry.” He said hanging his head low.

Risae stood from the couch and enveloped the young man in a hug. Jihoon was surprised to say the least but he hugged her back nonetheless.

“I loved you too.”

“I know.” She smiled. “But no one has the same affect as your first love and that’s okay. You loved me while we were together and that’s what matters… Now on another note, what are you going to do about Ashley leaving?”

“What am I supposed to do? She wants to go, so I’m going to let her go.”

“Still stupid I see.” Eunb laughed earning a glare from Risae.

“I saw the ring Jihoon…”

“She wants to leave Risae. I’m not going to force her to stay.”

“Well, whatever you choose we support you.”

“Define we.” Eunb interjected from the couch.

“Regardless of what she says I support you.” Risae clarified.

“If it’s any consolation you guys would probably have really cute babies.” Eunb stated making Jihoon blush. “Oh so you can sleep with other people but when it comes to Ashley you get all flustered?”

“You don’t understand love.” Risae shot back.

“I love you don’t I?” Eunb teased.

“Aw, I love you too.” Risae smiled. “Now then, Jihoon wake up and go get our leader back.”

Jihoon sat up quickly, startling the girl lying next to him.

“Are you okay? You looked like you were having one hell of a dream.” Wendy said.

“I’m fine. How are you?” He asked brushing her hair out of her face.

“Curious.”

“About?”

“Why are you here? Why did that just happen? What’s wrong?”

“Ashley is leaving tomorrow.”

“Where is she going?”

“Back to the states… For good…”

“And that’s not good?”

Jihoon shook his head, falling back against the mattress. Wendy ran her fingers through his hair.

“Just go after her. If you really love her you should show her.”

Jihoon smiled. “Why are you still so perfect? Even after all these years you’re still here for me.”

“First loves affect people in different ways.” Wendy replied.