Wide Awake

Interlude of a Heartbreaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jolting up in bed, my eyes once again search the room and its lack of light. It was still early in the morning, evident by the way that the room was still shrouded in darkness. I glanced down to see Jackson's arm spread across my lap as he was sleeping on his stomach. His breathing was soft and peaceful, his black hair once again spread out across his forehead. I stared down at him, at how beautiful and peaceful he was as he slept. He didn't seem like the same person that he was when he was awake. He was more innocent, more caring and uninterested in what was going on around him, deeming it background noise to what was really important to him.

 

Taking in a long breath and letting out a sigh, I ran my hand down his arm slowly until my hand came in contact with the slightly rough skin of his. I took it in mine, rolling my skin across his, our palms smoothing together. Jackson's hand dwarfed mine as I entwined our fingers, unconsciously my thumb over the risen veins on the back of his large hand. His fingers twitched and slowly, his grip tightened. 

 

I spared a glance back as I ceased my previous movements. One of his eyes was open, drowsily staring back at me as a smile twitched at the corners of his lips. 

 

"What are you doing, Minah?" He whispered to me, his grip becoming even tighter. 

 

"I'm sorry that I woke you up."

 

He shook his head as I released his hand. Jackson proceeded to wrap the very same arm around my waist, tug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter