During the Night

Interlude of a Heartbreaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I let out a small groan as my eyes fluttered open. Nothing but darkness surrounded me as I began to panic, where was I? This wasn't my room at all. The sheets under my fingertips were warm and felt softer than those of mine and the pillow that lay under my head was fluffier and smelled like a boy. Then the unmistakable scent hit me, I was in Jackson's bed and he wasn't in it. 

Rolling over, my eyes found the dull neon light that spewed out the numbers on it. The face of the clock read just after three in the morning. So much for getting a ton of sleep tonight. I let my body attempt to get to a comfortable place before I just gave up and to my other side. Soft breathing was heard on the floor and I could just make out the features on Jackson's face with the tiny stream of moonlight coming in through the window. His perfect lips were just barely parted and his soft, jet black hair was flipped across his forehead at an angle. From here, he looked so innocent, so young and naive to the world. The moonlight glowing off of his tanned skin coated it in a silver light, making him look like fairy dust was sprinkled over him.

I smiled at that thought, Jackson was not innocent and fairy dust was much too childish for him. I knew the truth about him, perhaps more than he would like. He was not a child and he was not perfect either, in fact, he was far from it. My fingers just barely brushed his forehead, sweeping his hair out of his face. He twitched at the motion, my hand freezing, hovering just above his face as he turned his head slightly, his lips closing and the corners of his mouth twitching in the tiniest of movements. I stared down at him from my vantage point on his bed, it was at these times that I understood why girls kept coming back to him even after he left them for someone that he deemed better. He was beautiful in a way that one could not help but stare at him, everything about him captivating from the way that he walked to the way that his smile pulled in the corners of his lips to the way that his eyes seemed to sparkle when he was at his happiest of times. 

But it took one person a while to know that he was, in a sort of way, tainted. Nobody but his close

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter