Blood on the Floor

Interlude of a Heartbreaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sighed and groaned for the umpteenth time that night, frustrated at myself for being too chicken to enjoy the party and frustrated at Jackson for forcing me to go. My phone never buzzed again with a text message, making me worry as my battery slowly depleted. The last time that I had received a text from him was about two hours ago and it was well around two in the morning, when the hype of the party was either starting or winding down. Knowing Jackson, I would have to hunt him down if I ever wanted to get out of here any time soon.

I pushed myself up from the closed toilet seat and walked over to the mirror to look at myself before exiting. I ran my fingers through the mess of hair that sat on the top of my head, my hands getting tangled in the unmanageable mess. I wiped some makeup out from under my eyes and then tried to fluff my hair so it didn't look so dead and flat. But what was the point? I was only going to leave anyway, I wasn't planning on staying and certainly not to look good for anyone.

Twitching my nose, I grabbed my cell phone off the counter and ripped the door open. The first thing that I heard was the loud music that thumped through the house, the bass shaking the things that hung on the wall. But as soon as I got closer to the stairs I noticed that there was cheering in between. It was strange, stopping and starting again with change in between.

As I made my way down the stairs, I could finally hear what they were chanting. "Jackson, Jackson, Jacks

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter