Chapter Three

The Hundred-day Bet

CHAPTER THREE

~*~

 

[January 19, 20XX – Day 5 of 100]

 

You woke up and did your daily routine (which involved staring at the ceiling for approximately 30 minutes and wondering what to do next). You were still thinking about Sojin when you realized that the start of the dance practice for the upcoming event was today. You hurriedly went inside the bathroom, took a quick bath, wore comfortable clothes and dashed off, not forgetting to wave goodbye to your mom.

 

“Eomma! I’m going!” you shouted, fixing your hair.

 

“Sure, take care!” you heard your mom shout back.

 

When you reached school, you wondered if Donghae was at the gate, waiting for you. Then again, you were right. He was facing the other side and his hands were inside his pocket. He was looking at some announcements posted at the bulletin board.

 

He’s cute, you thought. You shook your head and mentally slapped yourself. Wait, what did I just say?

 

You were still blushing when he saw you standing. Donghae walked towards you, beaming brightly. “Good morning, Eunji-ah! Are you ready for our practice?” he asked you, showing his perfect teeth. You almost started drooling, if it weren’t for the noisy students who were entering the campus.

 

“A-ah, yes, of course. G-good morning to y-you, too,” you greeted him back awkwardly. The two of you went inside together, attracting much attention again. You bowed your head to avoid gossips but then Donghae stopped walking, went in front of you and held your chin up. “Don’t look down. You’re beautiful. Show everyone, not just the ground,” he grinned, pinching your cheeks. He walked beside you again, and you hoped that he didn’t see you blush. Your face felt hot, and you can hear whispers from the other students.

 

When you reached the practice room, Donghae opened the door for you. You were about to go inside when you saw Sojin, looking at the both you, and she looked like she was about to cry. She ran upstairs, and you caught Donghae’s expression. He seemed like he wanted to go and follow her but then something’s holding him back. He then returned to reality and went inside with you.

 

You were bothered with what you saw. Several questions flooded your mind, making you go distracted during the practice.

 

***

 

Wiping his sweat, Donghae almost collapsed to a chair beside Kyuhyun who was sleeping. Hae snatched Kyuhyun’s chips and ate some. “Jungsoo-hyung still isn’t here?” he asked, looking around.

 

No one bothered to answer him, as they were all ‘busy’. Donghae let out a sigh, thinking about Sojin and what he saw the moment before.

 

He was sure that his eyes weren’t playing tricks on him. Sojin really seemed upset, though he didn’t know if he was the cause. But whatever the cause was, he had his hopes high. If Hyukjae was right, then Sojin liked him too but something or someone probably held her back. He was hoping and praying at the same time that Sojin liked him too.

 

***

[January 20, 20XX – Day 6 of 100]

 

Donghae cancelled the practice, because he too was distracted. You were sorry for being a burden but you can’t help it if the only thing that kept bugging your mind was Sojin’s expression. You were walking and thinking when somebody bumped into you, making you drop your books.

 

The guy hurriedly picked those up and gave it to you. That’s when you saw his face.

 

“Choi Siwon-ssi?” you asked him. He looked surprised. He didn’t expect that you’d still remember him. He bowed and nodded. Your first meeting suddenly came back to your mind.

 

***

 

You were a freshman that time. You were walking while looking at the map given to you when somebody bumped into you. Your books fell to the ground, and you were about to pick it up when the guy who bumped you picked those up one-by-one and gave it to you. You saw a clear view of his face. He had nice dimples, and he was tall. His smile reached his eyes, and his whole body emitted a glow.

 

“I’m sorry, miss. I didn’t see where I was going,” the guy bowed politely.

 

You bowed at him too, “No, it’s my fault. I wasn’t looking.”

 

He stared at you, and asked for your name, “I’m Choi Siwon. And you are?”

 

You held out your hand with a smile. “Min Eunji.”

 

***

 

Choi Siwon gave you the kind of smile that only a sincere person could give. “You still remember?”

 

“Of course!” you beamed at him. He laughed, and he sounded like an angel.

 

“I’m going to go to a café. Why don’t you come and join me?” he offered. You didn’t hesitate, not because it was his treat but because you wanted to know him better. You felt like, he’d make a good friend, one who is trustworthy,

 

and one who will love you as his sister.

 

You two went outside the gates. You thought that you’d be awkward since both of you don’t talk to each other often and you really didn’t have much to talk about. But much to your surprise, you were already in tears because of laughing too hard even before you reached the café.

 

“Really? You did that? Hahahaha!” you chuckled, wiping the tears on your cheeks.

 

“Yes. Hahaha. Aigoo, I’m shy,” Siwon pretended to cover his face. When you reached the café, both of you queued patiently. While the others were being accommodated, you two joked and laughed. When it was your turn, Siwon suddenly asked, “What do you want to eat?”

 

“I’d go with a mango cheesecake, and pineapple bubble tea,” you replied, looking for your wallet inside your bag. You took a sufficient amount and you were about to give it to the cashier but much to your surprise, Siwon had already paid for it.

 

“What? Why didn’t you let me pay?” you frowned at him. He chuckled and patted your head.

 

“I’m too rich,” he said jokingly, but what he said wasn’t a joke. He was really rich, enough to buy all of the stations in Korea.

 

The two of you found a vacant table and went there. You started eating your cheesecake because you were really hungry. Siwon stared at his coffee, and it seemed like he wanted to ask you something but he can’t.

 

“Hey, is something bothering you?” you tried. He met your gaze, then suddenly smiled.

 

“No,” he shook his head. “So, how are you and Donghae?” he asked you. You almost choked on the cheesecake.

 

“Err, we’re okay, I guess,” you smiled nervously and drank the bubble tea.

 

“Do you like him?” Siwon looked very eager to know your answer. His eyes were sparkling but if one would look closer, one could see that he was faking it.

 

“I’m not sure, why do you ask?” you replied safely.

 

Siwon shrugged, “Nothing, he’s my friend so I want to know your real feelings towards him.”

 

“Oh.” The atmosphere became awkward, and you wanted to finish your food immediately. You were thinking how to break the silence but luckily, Siwon did.

 

“If, well, if something goes wrong, you can talk to me. Okay?” he offered, smiling gently at you. You were touched, because you two weren’t that close but he was already there for you. You nodded, and both of you went back to the campus.

 

***

 

When you got back to the campus, many students were surprised upon seeing you with Choi Siwon. What almost everyone knows is that you and Donghae were a thing, so when they saw you with Siwon, of course they were curious and confused.

 

You didn’t mind the gossips as you were already getting used to it. On your way to the building, Donghae saw you and Siwon laughing. He stormed towards you and pulled you to his side.

 

“What are you doing, Choi Siwon?” he asked the taller one with authority in his voice.

 

“Nothing. I just bumped into her when I was about to go to the café so I invited her,” Siwon said coolly. Tension was rising, and you didn’t know why.

 

“Stay away,” Donghae warned. You didn’t know why he was so mad and why he was acting like that. Thankfully, Siwon didn’t lose his temper. He just nodded at Donghae and turned to smile at you.

 

“Hey, thanks for the meal and conversation. I enjoyed it,” you bowed politely.

 

“Sure. See you when I see you,” he told you gently.

 

You turned and walked with Donghae to your building, leaving Siwon staring at your back. He smiled bitterly and thought about the time you spent together that day. He was so immersed in his thoughts; he didn’t notice that Jungsoo was already beside him.

 

“Hey,” Jungsoo suddenly spoke. Siwon was startled, dropping some books.

 

“Why did you do that?” Siwon said angrily. Jungsoo just laughed at him.

 

“So, why were you smiling a while ago?” he asked Siwon.

 

“Nothing,” Siwon averted his gaze and pretended that he was looking for a certain page in his book.

 

“Tell me the truth. Do you like Eunji?” Jungsoo tried to make Siwon look at him.

 

“No,” he replied almost immediately.

 

“Then why–?” Jungsoo was about to say something when he was cut off with Siwon’s words.

 

“I love her.”

 

***

 

You and Donghae were awkward when you reached your building. Before you went inside your room, he called you.

 

“Eunji,” he said softly.

 

“Yes?”

 

“What did you and Siwon talk about?”

 

You were surprised at his sudden question, yet you answered. “Nothing, just about some random things.”

 

Donghae didn’t look satisfied, but he stopped asking. “Okay, I’ll see you later. Take care.”

 

You nodded and entered the room, ignoring your classmates’ teasing.

 

~*~

A/N:

My week-long exams are finally over! Thanks to the subscribers. I didn't expect I'd get those. And thank you for reading this story. I still don't have a plot, because I am weak at following plans. I'm better when I do things impromptu. /sighs/

I'm sorry, this is the best that I can do for this chapter. My mind isn't functioning right now, thanks to the 80-item tests that I took last week. >3<

By the way, I hate to say this but I'm not sure if I can update next week because I have a dance training/practice, whatever you want to call that. We're going to perform in front of thousands of people, so we really have to work hard. Mianhaeyo! ㅠㅠㅠ Aigoo.

Again, thanks for reading this crappy story of mine, and I hope we can all be friends. You can add me. I'll accept you. Kamsahamnida! /bows/