Chapter Ten

The Hundred-day Bet

CHAPTER TEN

~*~

 

[February 01, 20XX – Day 18 of 100]

 

February 1.

 

The day of the program.

 

The dance troupe members were gathered at the backstage. Some were chanting prayers, some were pacing back and forth, while the others were like you: sitting calmly on the benches but is screaming crazily deep inside.

 

You checked your dress and shoes to prevent possible wardrobe malfunction, and recalled the steps in your mind. You were a dancer indeed, and these performances at programs weren’t new to you so you weren’t the type to get nervous while waiting for your turn to present. However, you were going to dance tango with Lee Donghae, and you thought that the reason itself was enough for you to feel conscious.

 

“Hey.” A hand touched your back so you looked up to see who it was.

 

Lee Donghae. Of course.

 

“H-hey.”

 

“You nervous?”

 

You nodded slowly. “A bit.”

 

Donghae chuckled before answering. “Don’t be. You’re going to be great.”

 

“I hope so,” you said, blushing profusely.

 

Somebody called his attention so he stood up. But before he went away, he shouted, “By the way, you look extra gorgeous today.”

 

Surprisingly, his voice wasn’t drowned in the chitters and chatters of the other dancers. And you felt your face on fire. Again.

 

Moments later, the team was called because it was time to perform. The ladies went to their positions while the guys were out of sight. The lights were turned off, and the spotlight was on you. You felt everyone’s gaze so you took a deep breath as the music started.

 

You twirled gracefully, your mind not thinking of anything else but the routines you were performing. The dance itself lasted for around nine minutes, so when it was over, you were all panting. But the audience were cheering and clapping loudly so you thought, everything was definitely worth it.

 

Upon returning to the backstage, everyone was pretty much hugging each other. You, yourself, hugged a couple of unfamiliar co-members. You saw Yixing making his way towards you, and you were lifted up in the air immediately.

 

“Whoa Eun, that was majestic. You did it perfectly. Congratulations!”

 

“Thank you Xing,” you laughed as he put you down.

 

When you turned around, you inhaled a scent too familiar to be left unnoticed.

 

“I told you, you’d be great. You really shone out there. Congratulations,” you heard him say. He suddenly twirled you and everything was pretty much in slow motion.

 

“Thanks. But it was you who led me,” you told Donghae shyly.

 

“There’s a party later, after this program. Are you coming?” he asked.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Great. Then I’ll just take you home after this. See you.”

 

Donghae ran away, disappearing into the crowd.

 

***

 

“Eunji, please force this stubborn guy. He doesn’t want to go to the after party.” Yena told you while clinging to your arm.

 

“Why?” you asked.

 

“I want to spend the rest of the day with her alone. Actually, I want to spend the rest of forever with her but–”

 

“Alright, I get it. You may now shut up,” you cut Yixing off.

 

“See? He’s quite stubborn,” Yena pouted.

 

“He just wants a date, Yena. He wants to celebrate with you. I think you two should go together.”

 

“What about you?” she asked you.

 

“I’ll be fine. I won’t drink.”

 

“Okay. Just text me when you need me.” The couple bid goodbye and went off together. You were walking alone when somebody covered your mouth, making you unable to shout.

 

“Mmmph–!”

 

“Relax, it’s just me.” You heard Donghae’s voice so you instantly calmed down as he removed his hand on your mouth.

 

“You scared me.”

 

“I’m sorry,” he said, chuckling. The two of you went to the venue of the party together, laughing all the way.

 

***

 

“Raise your glasses everyone! For the success of the dance troupe production! Cheers!” You all raised your glasses filled with beer. Since you were all in your legal age, everyone decided at agreed to drink beer (and probably get drunk) just for today. There were classes tomorrow but since you were members of the dance troupe, it would count as an excuse if you don’t attend classes the next day.

 

“Cheers!” You all shouted. You were about to drink the content of your glass but suddenly, someone took it away from you, making everyone stop and stare in surprise.

 

“I’m going to drink this for you,” Donghae smiled before drinking the beer.

 

Suddenly, everyone was shouting your and Donghae’s name. He was smiling coolly as if it was nothing, but you were blushing madly.

 

“Geez,” you mumbled before smiling to yourself.

 

The team played games and drank some more before calling it a day. They started to go out in pairs, until there were only a few left. You and Donghae decided to go home so both of you bid farewell and went off.

 

“Did you enjoy?” he asked you as he was opening the car door for you.

 

“Yes, very much,” you replied, getting into the car.

 

The two of you talked about several things during the drive. There was never a dull moment when you were with him. He made you laugh with his stories and corny jokes, and you somewhat feel secured just being by his side.

 

Shortly afterwards, you arrived in front of your house. He again opened the door for you and you went out gracefully. “Thanks.”

 

You bowed to him before proceeding to the gate when he pulled you back and stopped you.

 

“Hey Eunji.”

 

“Yes?”

 

Donghae leaned forward, his face few inches away from yours. You could feel his warm breath on your face, making your knees go weak. He traced your jaw line with his finger, stopping at your lower lip.

 

“I love you,” he murmured, looking at your lips.

 

“I love you too,” you replied, almost in a whisper. He smiled, replacing his finger with his own mouth. Your heart beating really fast, you closed your eyes and enjoyed the overwhelming sensation.

 

Little did you know, Donghae had his eyes wide open.

 

***

[February 02, 2015 – Day 19 of 100]

 

“It’s a very beautiful daaaaaay!~”

 

You woke up feeling very fresh and cheerful. You skipped instead of walking because you were really in a good mood and you thought there was nothing that could ruin it.

 

Your cheeks were starting to hurt from smiling too much but you didn’t care. The day was so nice and so was your mood, and you were determined to keep it going.

 

“I love you.”

 

“I love you.”

 

“I love you.”

 

“Kyaaaaaaaaaaah!” You shouted, touching your lips while giggling.

 

“I love you.”

 

“I love you.”

 

“I love you.”

 

You rolled on the couch, heat rising up to your face. Looking at the wall clock, you decided to get ready for school.

 

 

 

It usually takes you around an hour and a half to get prepared, but this time, you spent almost 3 hours making yourself look good. You even raided your wardrobe because you really wanted to look better. You’ve always been effortlessly beautiful, but it was different. You and Donghae had something and you didn’t want to waste it.

 

As always, Donghae was waiting for you at the gate. He looked extra handsome. You went out and he spotted you immediately.

 

“Hey. Looking great as always?” he greeted you.

 

“Hey. T-thanks.”

 

He took you to your classroom and kissed your cheek before leaving.

 

“Oh my god, what was that Min Eunji?” Yeonjeong squealed.

 

“Uhm, he told me he loves me.”

 

“Kyaaaaaah!” You heard Yena’s ear-piercing scream. She hugged you tightly. “Finally, you got yourself a boyfriend!”

 

“N-no I didn’t!”

 

“Did he kiss you?” Yena whispered. Yeonjeong scooted closer to hear your answer.

 

“Y-yes.”

 

The two hugged each other and jumped, talking about how cute and adorable you and Donghae were.

 

***

 

“How’s it going?” Hyukjae asked Donghae.

 

“It’s fine. I told her that I love her and kissed her yesterday.”

 

“You–WHAT?!” Hyukjae ran to Donghae and patted him. “Congratulations!”

 

Donghae was laughing when Siwon called him. “Donghae. Can we talk?”

 

“Sure.”

 

As soon as they both got outside, Siwon faced Donghae. “What is it?” the latter asked.

 

“I saw Jung Sojin last night. She was drinking to her heart’s content.” Donghae wasn’t replying so Siwon took this chance to continue. “Apparently, she saw you kissing Eunji. She was so jealous, she decided to drown her feelings for you.”

 

“So are you saying–?”

 

“Yes, Jung Sojin likes you,” Siwon confirmed.

 

“Why are you telling me this?”

 

“Donghae. Now that you’ve known about Sojin’s feelings, maybe you can leave Eunji alone? Just, please. Make her stay out of this. Before it’s too damn late. Besides, you already got what you wanted in the first place. Jung Sojin.”

 

“What about the bet?”

 

“I’ll be the one to tell them that it’s over. There will be no winner or loser. The bet is simply cancelled. Spare Eunji from the pain she’ll experience if she’s with you. Please, Lee Donghae.”

 

Thinking about what Siwon told him, he reluctantly agreed. After all, he got the confirmation that he wanted. Jung Sojin likes him too. And he’s going to make her his girlfriend this time. That’s what all that matters.

 

“Alright. February 6. On Friday. I’ll break up with her.”

 

~*~

A/N:

Chapter 10! Yay! /throws confetti/ Kind of crappy but I have to update because I don't want to keep you waiting. ㅋㅋㅋ I hope you enjoy.

Please comment below so that I know your insights whatsoever. Thank youuu!

 

- cjhzzx