Chapter Nine

The Hundred-day Bet

CHAPTER NINE

~*~

 

[January 28, 20XX – Day 14 of 100]

 

You weren’t too enthusiastic about going to school and attending practice, but you did anyway. You had no choice, since the school program was just around the corner and you knew that if you somewhat failed to participate, there will be a deduction in your grade and probably your character too.

 

You practically dragged yourself on the way to school. Upon entering the dance studio, you were greeted with a hug from Yixing.

 

“Hey Eun.”

 

“Xing.” You patted his back.

 

“Y-you don’t have to force yourself into this. If you’re uncomfortable with Donghae as your partner, I could take his place instead. We could switch.”

 

“Thanks Yixing, but I think I can manage. Don’t worry, okay?”

 

Yixing gave you an apologetic smile and released you from the hug. Standing at the middle of the studio was Donghae.

 

“H-hey Eunji.” He tried to approach you but you pretended that you were doing warm-ups.

 

“E-eunji. We can’t perform if you keep on ignoring me.”

 

You shot him an angry look. “Of course we can. Unless you don’t have a sense of professionalism.”

 

“Eunji. Listen. I’m really sorry for leaving you there. I encountered, uh, a personal problem and I thought you wouldn’t wait for me. I’m really sorry.” Donghae was right in front of you, and he was kneeling.

 

You felt awkward at that instant. “Stand up,” you mumbled.

 

“Not until you forgive me, Min Eunji.” Donghae was stubborn.

 

The other dancers inside the studio looked at the both of you. You were blushing and you knew that very well. “Lee Donghae–”

 

“Min Eunji. Please forgive me. I promise that I won’t do that ever again.”

 

You sighed before nodding. “Alright. I forgive you.”

 

“Really?” Donghae almost jumped in excitement. He stood up and what he did took you by surprise.

 

He hugged you and lifted you while turning around.

 

Cheers and squeals were heard throughout the studio. They all found Donghae’s gesture sweet. You looked at Yixing. He was looking at you apologetically. You flashed him a smile and he nodded. He then turned to his phone.

 

Donghae put you down. He smiled at you sweetly before going to the speakers to play the song. You chuckled, slightly happy because you two already made up.

 

Outside, peeking through the glass window was Choi Siwon. Seeing that you and Donghae were in good terms again, he walked away, his right hand inside his coat.

 

Nobody saw him wiping his tears, thinking about the times you two shared the previous day.

 

***

 

Donghae returned to the headquarters, feeling very proud of himself.

 

“Hey. I heard you and Eunji made up?” Hyukjae commented as soon as Donghae entered the room.

 

“Yes. I thought our plan was going down though. She was really mad when I went to her house.”

 

“Dude, if you really want to make Sojin jealous, then you should commit. Act like you don’t care about her at all.”

 

“You know I can’t do that. I care about her,” Donghae said, plopping himself on a seat.

 

“Can’t you just pretend? After one hundred days, all of these will be over. You and Sojin will be together. Can’t you wait until then?” Hyukjae stared at Donghae, determined.

 

“What about Eunji?” Jungsoo butted in. Donghae and Hyukjae looked at him in surprise. “What will happen to her after this?”

 

“Don’t mind her. She’s just our main weapon for now. After this, she’ll be nothing,” Hyukjae stated a matter-of-factly.

 

Jungsoo shrugged at the stubbornness of the two so again, without another word, he left.

 

“Dude, I’m starting to think that Jungsoo has a thing for dramatic and wordless exits.”

 

***

 

“Eunji!” Yeonjeong rushed to you upon seeing you with Yixing at the classroom door.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Yixing already told me what happened.” Yixing’s arm was already on Yena’s shoulder.

 

“Of course, he told you already.” You rolled your eyes at him.

 

“Don’t blame him, Eunji. I forced him to tell me,” Yena smiled gently.

 

You stared at her, wide-eyed. “You’re not mad?”

 

Yeonjeong hugged you. “No. Why would we be mad at you? I admit, I’m a little disappointed but at least you’re happy now.”

 

“Happy?”

 

“Yes. You should’ve seen your face yesterday. You looked horrible! Your eyes were really puffy and red. Your hair was a bird’s nest!” Yena hugged you too.

 

“Damn, I sound like a monster,” you pouted.

 

“You are, to be honest,” Yixing commented, earning a punch from you. “Ow.”

 

“Serves you right.”

 

***

 

As soon as classes ended, the four of you went out. When you reached the parking lot, Donghae was waiting for you.

 

“Donghae?”

 

He bowed at you and the two girls, then fist bumped Yixing. “Hey. Can I take you home?” he said, turning to you.

 

You looked at your friends and they were ready to strangle Donghae. Luckily, Yeonjeong was good at holding back and Yixing held Yena’s hand.

 

You nodded and followed Donghae. “It’s okay. Thanks guys. I’ll contact you later,” you mouthed, looking back.

 

Donghae opened the car door for you. You smiled before entering. “Thank you.”

 

“Hey. About what I did last–”

 

“Donghae, please. I have already forgiven you.”

 

You heard him sigh before talking. “Alright. I still feel bad about what I did but hey, at least we’re okay now, right?” You flashed a smile in reply as the engines roared into the silence.

 

Suddenly, your phone rang. You looked at the caller ID. Choi Siwon.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hey. How are you?”

 

“I’m fine. Thank you so much for taking care of me. I’ll treat you one day, okay?”

 

“There’s no need for that, Eunji. But I’m glad you’re okay. Are you home already?”

 

“No. I’m inside the car.”

 

“Are you with Yena?”

 

“No. Uh, actually, Donghae’s taking me home.”

 

“O-oh. Okay. Contact me when you get home, okay? If that’s not too much for me to ask.”

 

“Of course. Gotta go. Bye! Thanks again.”

 

You ended the call and put the phone into your bag again.

 

“Who was that?” Donghae asked.

 

“Choi Siwon.”

 

“What? He’s calling you?”

 

You nodded. “Yeah. Why?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

He became silent during the drive. When you were in front of your house, you asked him. “Are you okay?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“What’s the problem?”

 

“N-nothing.”

 

“Does the p-phone call have something to do with this?”

 

Donghae averted his gaze. “Donghae. Tell me. What’s wrong?”

 

“I just don’t like it when he calls you or talks to you. I’m sorry. Good night.”

 

And with that, he kissed your forehead and went back into his car.

 

 ***

 

After texting your friends (including Choi Siwon), you threw your phone on your bed.

 

“I just don’t like it when he calls you or talks to you. I’m sorry. Good night.”

 

“I just don’t like it when he calls you or talks to you. I’m sorry. Good night.”

 

“I just don’t like it when he calls you or talks to you. I’m sorry. Good night.”

 

You blushed and giggled while alone inside your room. “What the hell is happening to me?”

 

“I just don’t like it when he calls you or talks to you. I’m sorry. Good night.”

 

“I just don’t like it when he calls you or talks to you. I’m sorry. Good night.”

 

“I just don’t like it when he calls you or talks to you. I’m sorry. Good night.”

 

“Is he jealous?”

 

“I just don’t like it when he calls you or talks to you. I’m sorry. Good night.”

 

“I just don’t like it when he calls you or talks to you. I’m sorry. Good night.”

 

“I just don’t like it when he calls you or talks to you. I’m sorry. Good night.”

 

“OH MY GOD HE’S JEALOUS!”

 

You jumped up and down while squealing like a fangirl. “OH MY GOD I CAN’T BELIEVE IT! DONGHAE IS JEALOUS OF CHOI SIWON LIKE IHULSJDIASGO”

 

Talking to yourself isn’t something new because you did that almost every day. But this time, you were positive that you’re crazy. “OH MY GOD LALALALALALA~”

 

You shouted incoherent noises but you covered your face with a pillow, just in case.

 

And after all that rambling and jumping and fangirling, you finally fell asleep.

 

With a pillow on your face.

~*~

A/N:

OH MY GOD PLEASE DON'T KILL ME! T^T Short update (and crappy) for you! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME HUHUHUHU.

You see, my parents surprised me with a month-long trip to Korea and a two-week trip to China! IT WAS A DREAM COME TRUE BUT IT WOULD BE BETTER IF I BROUGHT MY LAPTOP SINCE THE CONNECTION THERE IN KOREA IS SO FAST HAHAHA. But yeah, I left my poor laptop behind and my phone became my bestfriend hehehe.

Will you please forgive me? *puppy eyes* HIHI OKAY SORRY FOR THE SLOW UPDATE AND CRAPPY CHAPTERS AGAIN I'LL FOREVER APOLOGIZE FOR THIS

BTW, Yixing has soooooo many appearances in this chapter because of the "Please don't hate me" thingy. I MEAN, WHO ON EARTH WOULD HATE ZHANG YIXING HE'S SUCH A SWEETHEART LIKE WHEN HE SNEEZES THERE ARE RAINBOWS AND PLANTS COME TO LIFE (okay I'm spazzing now I'll shut up) but yeaaaaaah. HIHI I LOVE YOU ALL! <3

 

-cjhzzx