I Hope

The Bold Cat Who Fell In Love

Friday 11:00 a.m

Yoona has never woke up early, or well she has but only to make sure Sooyoung didn't miss classes, then soon after she gets back to sleep. Her mornings were at 10 or 11 and her breakfast could be at 11 or 11:30 depending on her mood. 

So practically the morning went the same, she woke up to find that Sooyoung was running late... again... but the only thing on her mind wasn't that, she woke up with an indescribable desire for coffee, specifically the one that sells at Xiumin's parents restaurant. That's why she woke up Sooyoung because after her classes were over earlier, she could buy coffee and bring it to her.

And after that she slept once more...

When she woke up her alarm clock marked 11, so Yoona prepared herself, took a bath, and cleaned the apartment a little bit as she didn't want to be called "lazy". 

But even after she finished her duties, Sooyoung never came.

—Almost midday... —Yoona muttered while laying on the kitchen's table -But it's kind of my fault for not asking at what time did she exactly was supposed to come.

Looking again to the clock and the seconds passing made her realize that if she stayed one more second not doing nothing she was going to lose her mind. Coffee was essential.

—Forget it, I'll wait for her at the coffee shop. —She took one of Sooyoung's coats and leave the place in order to get breakfast.

But at the end she never showed up. 

It was 12:45 p.m and Sooyoung hasn't come with the coffee she promised. Lucky her that when she went to the coffee shop, Xiumin's mom offered her coffee with a fancy bread for free, glad that she was friends with the lady.

But right now Yoona was more worried about her owner and let's be honest, she has been more worried than ever the day when she came with those freaking cat ears, and then the tail... 

She looked to the ceiling wondering —A tail? I don't get this transformation, it's like... slow... I'm starting to wonder if it isn't a transformation contract... What if that cat a the park she told me was a-... —She didn't finish her sentence —I need to find out what's going on, maybe Sooyoung is in danger.

 

.

 

Time 02:43 p.m 

Yoona knew about someone that might actually help her with what was happening to Sooyoung.

The Ice Princess. 

Not actually a real princess and not an ice one, she was a magical creature, a white artic fox to be exact. Born with a frozen heart. Literally...

If someone knew about the magical world and the contracts was her. So Yoona kind of took a trip in order to get to the Ice Princess, it was an almost 1 hour trip walking because Yoona always ended up lost if she takes a bus. But she made it.

The place she went was kind of like a really huge garden at one side of he road, but do not let it fool you, that place was enormous and covered with plants all over.

Yoona walked a little more and sat at one bench infront of the garden as it's said that The Ice Princess appears if you caught her interest.

Suddenly a cold breeze invaded Yoona's body.

—(Thank god this sweater is really warm) —She thought.

—And it looks good on you. —A voice next to her sounded.

Yoona didn't get surprised at all —It isn't mine but thanks. 

—Nice to see you Yoona, It has been a long time —The woman beside her greeted her, she was always so formal that is perfect with her cold personality.

Yoona looked at the pretty lady —Yes Jessica, long time... 

—So what brings you here? —Jessica went to the point as she knew what people had in mind when she looked at them. 

—I want to know if something happened recently, I mean something weird, supernatural maybe? 

Jessica looked to the ground letting a little laugh out —It seems that you have a problem. Better tell me about that first and then I'll tell you if something "weird" that happened was the cause of it.

She looked to the ground not knowing how could she detail everything —Well, it happened so sudden. My owner was at the park when she saw a black cat...

—Your owner? Do you mean your friend...? —Jessica corrected her.

Yoona stopped —Y-yeah, my friend, it's weird to call her like that after all I'm not human but...

—Human or not, you both are friends. You actually transformed just so that she won't be alone, at that time she didn't know about living all by herself. You wanted to help her. And here you are...

It was kind of embarrassing for her to admit that, even though it was the truth —I know, I know, no need to say that. —She returned into the storytelling —So moving on, she told me she talked to the cat and she wished of something like "changing her life, wanting to become a cat with a simple lifestyle"

Jessica didn't change her expression at all —After that edit seems like she fainted and the cat ears appeared in her head... but only that. It's weird to be a transformation. —Yoona added —Then just a few days ago, Sooyoung came with a tail. She said that she bumped into someone and it might have triggered the transformation, I'm still not sure.

—Interesting. —The only thing Jessica said —Actually, there IS something going on around like a rumor which I think is true. You see, the rumor is about a powerful creature. A Haneunim.

When she said those word like nothing, Yoona actually paralyzed —Haneunim? Isn't that some kind of story, or just some legend? 

—I'm afraid not. The creature god-like is actually real, something that's still living with us but was supposed to be far away from the humans and the magical creatures. 

—Like were they captive? —She asked.

Jessica nodded —Yes, enchantments all over the mountain forest were cast to maintain the Haneunim inside.

—But if there is a rumor, then the enchantment must be broken by now.

—I think so too. But it's a rumor and if the rumor is real, we will have a serious problem. 

Yoona looked at the lady with worry. She felt unable to help, unable to do something, something for her —What will it happened to her? What can I do?

—The best thing is to be protected at every time, this is an unknown area and there isn't much we could do. If it's cause of the Haneunim then it isn't just a simple contract, it's more of a course.

Yoona every single moment felt more and more worried, in her mind never crossed the fact that Sooyoung could be on the border of dying or disappearing...

—Then what should I do? 

—If you talk to him. —She smiled at Yoona —He would help you, trust me.

 

.

 

Time 05:57 p.m 

With no other option, she went to where Jessica told her to go.

An Academy for magical creatures and special people, or more of like a training camp for her. Yoona never went to a camp of those, she preferred not to waste energy on that stuff.

—Guess it's my first time entering here. —Yoona stood infront of a huge black door that opened slowly.

The guard of there looked at Yoona —Why are you here? —He asked.

Yoona just looked at him from his seat —I came to talk to the Principal, Mr. Kris.

The man inspection her from head to toes and then proceed to let her in  —His office is just passed all those buildings.  —He pointed far away.

Yoona bowed —Thanks. —And continued towards her destination.

When she got there she felt more nervous than ever. As she saw him entering 8 his office with a cup of coffee. His looks made her feel intimidate. 

She started approaching until she reached the place and entered.

—Excuse me, sorry for interrupting. My name is Yoona, Jessica told me to contact you because of a problem...

—Jessica you said? —He asked totally off the topic.

Yoona looked confused —Yes, I went to ask her for information. 

—About what? —He asked getting into the point.

She just continued being polite —About the rumor of the Haneunim. Is it true? Because if that's the case I want protection over my friend. 

Kris looked at her for the first time with interest —So this person, needs protection... and why is that?

—I think she might be cursed and I also think that someone is actually trying to do something to her. 

The guy kept her eyes on the girl infront —Is there someone else that's trying to get her killed?

—Is think so. Listen, I was hopping you can help me...


Help me save her....

 

 


To be continued...

 

 

 


Happy New year! Hope this year would be the best year ever! Enjoyyy this chapter! My gift to all of you 😁😁😁😁😁😁