Ventures

Kiss and Tell

 

Alternative Title [not one-worded]: I'll Take Her Any Day
 
"Why didn't you stop the dare when you found out your mystery girl was me?
But I'm a nerd...right?"
 
- Song Shi Rin
 
"I didn't stop it because I decided that whoever this mystery girl would turn out to be...
I'll take her any day."
 
- Lee Tae Min
 
With every day spent together, the two becomes closer.
With every opportunity, the kissing relationship remains aflame.
But what if hearts begin to get involved in their little...
...ventures?
 
- Anonymous
 
= = = Charice Pempengco: Pyramid = = =
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEIRVuVAVvg
 
"Thank you for the dare and everything, Tae Min-ah, but could you please stop it now?" 
 
"Shi Rin-ah, why? Don't you want this to continue? Don't you want US to continue?"
 
"But, Tae Min-ah... I love someone else. It's not you that I love."
 
No. No. Stop saying this to me, Shi Rin-ah! STOP!
 
My eyes open to the sight of the ceiling, and I took a deep breath. Everything that was said was dream. It was all just a dream.
 
But the dream looked so real.
 
I sat up on my bed and looked around my room. No matter how large it is, and no matter how nice it looks in light, it scares me when it is dark.
 
When I was younger, I kept dreaming that my parents were gonna leave me. I was scared at first, but now I'm not scared anymore. I already had grown out from it. Another dream scares me nowadays, though. It's Shi Rin-ah asking me to stop the Kiss and Tell. When I ask her why, she tells me she loves someone else.
 
And the problem with this one is that... I don't know if I'll be able to grow out from it. 
 
It's like I'm never gonna get over this dream, like how I got over the dreams with my parents. And it scared me more than the dream itself.
 
I looked at the clock I had on my end table, and sighed. It was 7 in the morning. I had woken up an hour before the alarm I had set last night. It's a Saturday, and the first week of my Kiss and Tell with Shi Rin-ah was almost done. I glanced at my cellphone if anyone had sent me any message, and found none. Good.
 
Since I was awake already, I'll just go to Shi Rin-ah's house then. I took a shower, dressed up, and began walking out of the house.
 
I just had a sandwich for breakfast. I wasn't that hungry anyways. I got into my car and sped off to Shi Rin's house. I wanted to see her. Badly.
 
= = =
 
I was brushing my hair, sitting on top of my bed, my breakfast finished, and my parents now gone for work. The morning was still early, just about 7:30. Suddenly, I heard some sounds, like knocking on glass. So I got out of my bed and went to the door on my right, which was the door to the terrace. 
 
I opened it, and almost jumped at what, I mean who, I saw. It was a smiling Tae Min-ah. I looked at the view from the terrace and saw his car there. Wow. He surely knows a lot about sports so that he can climb my terrace.
 
"How did you know where I live?" I asked him, letting him inside my room. He looked amazed at its design. Well, I bet his room is better than this one.
 
"Well, I have my own sources. So, how was your sleep?" He asked me with a smile, and I smiled back at how cheerful he was early morning.
 
"It was fine, thank you. And I already ate breakfast, before you ask." I said, my smile wider than before, and he wrapped his arms around me. I was glad I decided to wear this sleepdress last night.
 
"I wanted to see you early this morrning. I hope you don't mind." He said, before kissing my forehead. I closed my eyes as he did and smiled.
 
"Hey, I wanna ride bikes at the park. You wanna come?" He asked me, and I nodded. It was no problem with me.
 
"But Tae Min-ah, I have to change first, could you just wait outside my door?" Softly, I asked him, and he chuckled before going out. I closed the door and began changing.
 
= = =
 
"The first one to be able to encircle the fountain's diameter 3 times, wins." I challenged Shi Rin-ah as we got to the park.
 
"Sure. No problem with me." She said, smirking as she walked with her bicycle we rented. She looked so pretty.
 
I was walking with a bike too. But this one was black. I smiled at her, and she was smiling back at me.
 
She climbed onto her bike, and I was about to help her. But she was already on it before I can go to her. Wow. Maybe she has a bit of sporty blood in her.
 
I climbed on my own bike too, and began the signal. "Ready... Go!"
 
= = =
 
"I never thought that you ride a bike that well." Tae Min-ah told me as we now sat on the grass, watching the people in the park. I smiled at his comment. Well, despite being a nerd, it's not like I was already a nerd when I was younger.
 
"But you still won, right? How can you say that I ride well?" I asked him, and he laughed, then moving closer to my sitting figure, he lay his head on my shoulder.
 
"If I was racing against a person who isn't good in biking, I would've been far ahead of him. But I wasn't with you." He told me, and it was my turn to laugh.
 
"Why? What's so funny?" He asked me, and I tried to press my lips together to stop my laughter.
 
"Well, it's not like I was already a nerd when I was younger. I was a normal kid back then, too." I told him, and he looked at me in suprise.
 
"If you were an average girl before, then... why did you become a nerd?" He asked me, and sighed. I looked ahead and began to tell my story.
 
"Well, before, I was actually a sporty person such as yourself. I used to play volleyball and badminton with my friends. But when school first came, it was like the numbers and letters, more so words, were so easy for me. But my classmates weren't so good at it. So, they discriminated me, and they didn't include me in their circle. So what if I was geeky? What if I always get perfect scores in exams? So what if I was always the top honor, right? The should've treated me better.
 
But it wasn't only in elementary that this happened. I wasn't doing anything bad to them, and I was just studying to the best of my abilities. I knew that my parents won't work in the office forever, and someday, I had to stand up on my own. So, I studied for a good future, and I didn't mind them. But they still treated me like I was nothing. So, in the end, I began to like being alone. I would usually be at peace with studying by myself. I even asked my parents to buy me fake glasses just to look the part."
 
"Wait...you can see without your glasses? They're fake?" Tae Min asked me, and I nodded, chuckling a bit at his suprise.
 
"Yeah, they are. Why do you think I was able to see you during the masquerade ball?" I asked him back, and he chuckled along with me.
 
"I suggest you don't wear glasses when you're with me. No one would recognize you without glasses, and besides..." He began to say, taking off the glasses I wore. 
 
"You look prettier without them." He finished, pressing his lips to mine briefly.
 
"Sure. Maybe your fangirls would think you're with someone who isn't from school." I said with a smile, and he smiled along with me. We were both quiet for a few moments after that.
 
"Tae Min-ah...can I ask you something?"
 
= = =
 
"Sure, you can ask me." I told her, and she smiled.
 
"Why didn't you stop the dare when you found out your mystery girl was me?" She asked me, and I looked at her softly, a smile on my lips.
 
"Because I didn't want to stop it." I told her, and she looked at me with a confused expression.
 
"But I'm a nerd...right? You hate nerds, right?" She asked me, and I looked down on the grass, smiling bitterly. Yeah. I USED to hate nerds, but not now, since I met her.
 
"Well, I USED to hate nerds. But I didn't care if it was you. I didn't stop it because I decided that whoever this mystery girl would turn out to be...I'll take her any day."
 
= = =
 
The hearts began to get involved. The plans began to be intertwined. 
The hopes began to be the same. The past began to be shared. 
 
They're closer now, but what would be the result of these...
 
...ventures?
 
= = = = = = = =
 
I really am so sorry that i can't update so much. my quiz bee is officially tomorrow. and i have to review. >_< v