Reality

Kiss and Tell

 

"Why are you siding with him, when it's ME you have a kissing relationship with?!"
 
- Lee Tae Min
 
"Don't hold me back from love this time Tae Min, because I think I like him."
 
- Song Shi Rin
 
When she says goodbye, and he doesn't want her to,
he reveals the big secret to everybody.
And as the girl begins to let go of the guy,
he cries aloud for the very first time.
But there was one thing he had to face...
Reality.
 
- Anonymous
 
= = = Tae Yang: Look Only At Me = = =
 
I leaned on my locker as I sighed. It was already the end of Thursday classes, and there was only 3 more days until the Kiss and Tell dare finally comes to a definite close.
 
Shi Rin-ah and I followed the rules strictly. To avoid being caught by people, I go to her house at night and kiss her there. I even kiss her more than once just to make sure I did it right, besides the fact that I really loved kissing her too. But I noticed that as the days passed, and that Shin Dong Ho guy began appearing in her life, her kisses seemed to be more... withdrawn.
 
It was like she was just kissing me just for the sake of the dare, and that she doesn't have feelings towards me. Is everything beginning to turn like my dream? I hope not.
 
I was so immersed into my thoughts that I almost didn't hear three guys talking about Shi Rin-ah and that Shin Dong Ho guy.
 
"Hey, Eli, did you know that Dong Ho-sshi is beginning to be too close to Shi Rin-sshi?" One guy said, and my head snapped to their direction.
 
"Yeah. I think Dong Ho-sshi likes Shi Rin-sshi. He acts really sweet to her. Well, Marumir, I can only say one thing. Good luck to him. What do you think, Kevin?" The other guy said before laughing, and it ticked me off. Shi Rin-ah isn't hard to be with. She's actually very nice once you get to know her.
 
"But I saw the both of them awhile ago, and it looks like she likes him too." I heard the third guy say, and in that moment... I snapped.
 
I rushed to where the three guys were and slammed the third one onto the lockers. He shouted in pain, but knew he couldn't do anything about it. I'm a kingka, and I am the one in control, so he has no right to disagree. His two friends were the same, worried for their friend but couldn't do anything about it. After all, I'M a kingka here.
 
"Where the hell did you see those two?!" I asked him harshly, and he answered in a small, frightened voice.
 
"In the university yard..." He said, and at the sound of where they were, I quickly released the guy and dashed to where they are. I didn't give a damn if there were people following me, and I don't care if they watch.
 
That Shin Dong Ho guy is gonna pay. Because he is stealing MY Shi Rin.
 
= = =
 
"You write Nihonggo well, too, Dong Ho-yah. It's not just me.." I told Dong Ho as we a last look at his Nihonggo notebook before closing it. He smiled.
 
"Thanks for reviewing with me. It was really helpful." Dong Ho said, standing up and closing his notebook. His writing was also really close to mine.
 
"No problem. It's nice to help out." I told him, blushing at what happened next.
 
Dong Ho pressed his lips to my cheek, and smiled as he pulled back. I tried to look away so that he wouldn't see how red I am already, but he just made me face him and pressed his forehead to mine.
 
He was about to press his lips to mine when suddenly... an angry Tae Min-ah yanked Dong Ho away from me and punched him very hard, sending him to the ground.
 
"Dong Ho-yah!" I screamed as I went to Dong Ho and helped him sit up. His lower lip was bleeding already and I wiped it with my handkerchief. He held my hand that had the handkerchief and smiled as he kissed it. We both looked at Tae Min-ah, now angrier than ever.
 
"So, is he the reason why you're not going to the library anymore?! Because he's the one you're studying with?!" Tae Min shouted at me, attracting the attention of other students in the yard.
 
"So, what if he is?! At least he isn't someone always provoking me to do things I don't, like you!" I shouted back at Tae Min-ah who's expression was of shock. He didn't expect me to answer back at him and side with Dong Ho. After all, Dong Ho did nothing wrong.
 
"Tell me why, Shi Rin-ah! Why are you siding with him, when it's ME you have a kissing relationship with?!" Tae Min suddenly shouted, and everybody in the school yard gasped at what they heard. My eyes widened in shock at what I heard as well, and my eyes quickly turned to Dong Ho who was more shocked than I was.
 
"Dong Ho, I'll explain everything to you tomorrow, I promise. But as of now, please go ahead of me. You don't need to see this." I told him, and he nodded before kissing me on the forehead and standing up completely, bringing his notebook, and walking away. When he wasn't in my sight anymore, I faced Tae Min-ah with an angry look.
 
"The rules said that not one of us should tell. So, what do we do now?! It was supposed to be ending three days from now, but what did you do?! You shouted it in front of the student population! What do you think shall happen now, Tae Min-ah?!" I asked him, and that moment, his head seemed to clear up.
 
I breathed a sigh of exasperation before hitting him with the final blow. "Even if you are kingka, we go with the rules. Now that the dare is ruined, I say we act like the other doesn't exist and we drop the whole dare off. And it starts now." I said firmly before walking away from Tae Min-ah.
 
But suddenly, I felt myself being hugged from behind and Tae Min-ah's voice on my ear. "Please don't do this, Shi Rin-ah. Please don't leave me."
 
I quickly broke myself free from his grasp and slapped him hard on the face. He looked at me with a suprised expression, and I saw tears building up in his eyes.
 
I didn't want to end this yet, because deep inside, there was a little part of my heart already claimed by Tae Min-ah already...
 
But I decided to say it anyway, because there's also a part of my heart claimed by Dong Ho-yah.
 
= = =
 
"You have ruined the one chance the dare gave us, and you expect I'll stay with you?! No. Especially not when I finally found happiness in him. Just stop this foolishness.." Shi Rin-ah began to say, and the tears in my eyes began to fall. No. She's not gonna say goodbye, is she?
 
"Don't hold me back from love this time Tae Min, because I think I like him."
 
With that, she turned around and began to walk away, and I got down on my knees and let my tears fall. It didn't matter if there are many people watching me, and it didn't matter if my fangirls were there. But I continued to let my tears fall, just as my hope began to fail me as well.
 
This is the reason why I knew I wouldn't be able to let go of that nightmare I always had at night. This is the reason why I knew I'll never get over that dream haunting me.
 
It's because it was bound to come true.
 
But I just didn't want to accept it in myself. Maybe because I was blind that she didn't love me, and that I was madly in love with her now.
 
And even right now, I still didn't want to accept it. I still didn't want to think that the dream had already happened.
 
Because just like a little kid, I am always afraid that the nightmare that haunted me in my sleep will ultimately become...
 
...reality.
 
= = = = = = 
PLEASE READ:
 
First of all, I would like to extend a very very very huge "MIANHAMNIDA" to everybody who might have wondered why I didn't update during these past 3 days.
 
It's a very simple reason, so I hope for your consideration and understanding.
 
School has been killing me. Seriously. It's going to be my quarterly exams this coming Monday to Wednesday, then it's going to be our United Nations month this Thursday, plus, our school's foundation day by Friday.
 
It doesn't help that I have to maintain a grade of 85 in all of my subjects since I study in a Science High School...
 
Argh. I could only give you this update. I hope I didn't disappoint all of you.
 
I really am sorry. I'll do my very best to update weekly, if I have no chance to update daily.
 
I hope you guys understand me and consider my condition. I really want to update so much, but because of so many things, I cannot. >,< 
 
I don't think I'm a good ate and unnie anymore because of this...
 
By the way, I would also like to thank bBy-GiGi for her subscription. =]