Flashback

Fifteen Sequel: Remember Me

Jinri’s POV

Curiosity about my past grew inside me. I couldn’t help but wonder, what was I before? I wanted to know more about me, so I decided, maybe I should ask mom about everything, over dinner.

“Mom, what was I like before all my memories were erased? Did I have many friends? Was I smart? Where did I go to school?”

My mom looked a bit shocked with all my questions. So is my dad and my brother.

“Jinri, didn’t I tell you all that before? You didn’t have that many friends, yes you were smart because you liked reading books, and you went to a private school here in Seoul.”

“Yeah, but I want to know some details, like did I ever like a boy in my grade. Did I have one close friend? Or was I too shy and awkward for that? But surely there has to be at least one!”

My mom looked like she was about to cry. She couldn’t really answer.

NO ONE’s POV

With all the questions Jinri was asking, Sooyoung was being reminded of the past, the real past of the real Jinri. Even if the real Jinri were to ask her all these questions, she won’t be able to answer it anyway. She was too caught up with work to spend time with her daughter, until the day she died.

“I can’t answer any of it Jinri. I was too caught up with work to even know what you were doing back then. I would leave early, while you were still asleep, then get home late when you are alreasy asleep. I was always sensitive and irritated because of work whenever I was around. We didn’t exactly have a good relationship back then.”

Jinri felt a bit guilty, now knowing the real reason why her mother couldn’t tell her anything about her past, it wasn’t because she was hiding something, she thought, it was because she didn’t have anything to say.

“I’m sorry, mom. I just thought, you were hiding something from me. I didn’t know it was something like this.”

And just like that, Sooyoung has her on her side once again, but it still alarms Sooyoung how Jinri is starting to doubt things.

“No worries hon. I know it’s really hard.”

The Choi family finishes dinner quietly and Jinri was the first to go back up to her room. Meanwhile, Sooyoung talks to her husband in the office.

“I can’t believe she’s starting to snoop around. I can’t let her find out. I can’t lose Jinri twice.”

“Sooyoung, why don’t we just let her know the truth? We are stealing her away from her family, we are stealing her own life too by making her believe she’s someone she’s not!”

“Don’t tell me what to do!”

“It was your fault in the first place why the real Jinri is gone! You were her mother! But you never acted like one, not even until her last breath.”

The words coming out form her husband’s mouth stung Sooyoung a lot. It was true. It was her fault why Jinri was gone. She was never around to spend time with her daughter. She has all the money she can have, all the power, but it was all in exchange for her daughter. When she saw Sulli at the accident, she thought, maybe it was her second chance to be a good mother. A mother who put her daughter first before everything else. A mother who would be by her daughter’s side, no matter how busy she is.

Flashback…

“Mom, I really want to go to this concert with Suzy tonight.” Jinri was showing her mom every ounce of aegyo so that she could allow her to go. “No Jinri, I don’t think you’re old enough to go to a concert by yourself.” Jinri frowned and rolled her eyes. “I’m not alone, Suzy will be there. We’re going together.”

“I don’t think I’m changing my mind on this. Besides, no one can take you.”

“I can catch a ride with Suzy. Her mom is dropping her off. Or I can even drive myself”

“If her mom was with you guys at the concert I would’ve said yes. And you are not driving yourself, you only have a permit, you’re not allowed to drive alone.”

“Come on mom! It’s just one night! I’m already 16! I’m not a kid anymore!”

“You’re acting like one. And final answer is no. Go and finish your breakfast, you’re gonna be late for school.”

Jinri scowled and got ready for school. She was still going to that concert though. She was gonna find a way.

After school, Jinri called Suzy

“Hey Suzy! I’ll be at the concert tonight.”

“Sweet! Your mom allowed you! Are you catching a ride with me or is someone dropping you off?”

“I’m driving myself.”

“Are you nuts?! You don’t even have a real license. Okay now I’m sure you are sneaking out.”

“I can’t handle my mom anymore. She’s barely even around and she controls me like I’m some little kid. I’m gonna show her that I’m grown up now, I’m an adult. I’m probably gonna be grounded my whole life after this night but who cares. I’m gonna prove her wrong.”

“Whatever Jinri. Just be careful and if you need a ride I can just tell my mom we’ll be picking you up.”

“No I’m driving.”

“Have it your way then. I’ll see you later.”

Jinri never made it to the concert that night

A/N: Hope you guys like it! I'm also ending this fic soon because I'm working on a new one. Stay tuned guys :)